What A Find

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      peedee
      Participant

This afternoon i was bored so decided to head off over to my nans, when i arrived i stumbled across a dusty box right up the top corner of the shed, it apeared promasing, so i got it down when opening i found a vintage tamiya buggy as i identified as the rough rider, it still appears in workng condition just requires a new radio system ad motor, as wll as this i found wat is yet to be identiied a sort of team associated 1:12th tourer, this appears to recquire more work to restore, i will have pics up by tomorow for now here s the specs of the buggy
      http://www.tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=15

Impreza
      Participant

wow, great news peedee. That was like the time when I was younger and found my oldest bro’s chemistry set (one of those kids ones).. Life has never been the same since:)

micro_Amps
      Participant

Memories come flooding back for me.
      That was the one that started it all for me.
      I remember it being almost totaly waterproof as all the rc gear was in a clear box. Had never ending speed controller problems with it though because it had a ‘contacts’ type ESC. It would have benefitted with an electronic ESC but they just werent around back then.
      I dont know how easy it will be to get parts, but be careful of the rear wishbones, they are brittle and I broke a few jumping with this car.
      Heaps of fun though, ancient now, but still heaps of fun.

:)uA

betty.k
      Participant

i’ve been dragging my old lego collection around for about 20 years now! and i’ve never regretted it:D:8ball:

PandaBear
      Participant

Damned good find there, PD.

Those are worth a pretty penny these days, if in decent condition.

trash
      Participant

Lego.
      I have theories about lego vs meccano.
      It worries me that the engineers of the future have started off with lego.

🙂

betty.k
      Participant

hey, you knockin’ tha lego?! ya want i should come over with a sock fulla lego bricks and woik ya over some, see?!:angry::8ball:

peedee
      Participant

yea they are in pretty bad condition (the buggy) nothing behond repair as we have spare parts as my pop used to be a rc die hard, pictures up in 30 mins

peedee
      Participant

was led to belive that this was a Associated as it had associated motor and looked like that lh model still selling, after cleaning it up today (dismatiling everything addding grease etc, as i wish to get this car going again) i discover shchumacher labelled everywhere in the gearbox, so… anyway since these photos i have installed electronics and all it need now is a battery, I HOPE. neway here ya go ill post to images here as well as links to the others…

40911483.jpg

40911471.jpg

http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL292/1611560/3087887/40911479.jpg

peedee
      Participant

Here is the Buggy i found, it is a pretty sad condition but not beyond repair, it is very heavy and has lame shocks and extreme toe out at the rear, here are the pics

40911449.jpg

40911447.jpg

micro_Amps
      Participant

That battery can probably go in the bin, so can the speed controller and the resistor on top of the gearbox, it is the thing that supplies the ‘half’ speed in the 2 stage speed controller.
      Where’s the lid for the controls box?
      With a decent ESC, some good batts, receiver and servos, youve got the basis for a car that is a goer.

Camshaft
      Participant

Heh, just taday at a relative’s house I found an old 1985 Nikko buggy.

peedee
      Participant

yea i got the cover for the radio box, and the body, im working on the tourer first then ill take to the buggy

Admin
      Participant

I had a buggy with that same chassis but it was called Sand Skorcher, had a baja bug body on it, was an awsome car in its day!:)

micro_Amps
      Participant

The sand scorchers were good because being a beetle body, if they flipped, 9 out of 10 times they ended up on their wheels again.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      was led to belive that this was a Associated…

40911483.jpg

That *is* an Associated RC12e from about 1980. 🙂

Doubt if Schumacher re-sold it with their badging, unlikely
      as Cecil Schumacher was pretty big in those days in 1/12th
      and had their own line of racing chassis.

Honestly… I wouldn’t try getting that and the Tamiya RR running.
      Its probably worth more to a collector in their current condition
      before you wreck it any more. If you want something to run, best
      to flog it off and buy something more modern.

Does not need to be said that spares for those things are super Rare
      and will not be found anymore at your local hobby shop!! 👿

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.