What are sum mad offroad truck tires?

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion What are sum mad offroad truck tires?

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      Star Guitar
      Participant

What do u guys think of the dirt hawgs? are they any good for stadium trucks?

VR-4
      Participant

they suck mayjor azz.

proline the edge up front and proline bow tie t’s in the back

peedee
      Participant

everyone on traxxas forums recommend the dirt hawgs all round.

peedee
      Participant

what about proline 2.2 Mashers that look pretty nice for thick grass and loose gravel. I personnaly with experiance dont like ribbed tires as the dont seem to last as long as the deep tread.. but this might have been because i was using tamiya ribbed tyres of the stadium thunder pretty bad…

Edited by – peedee on 03 August 2003 19:20:17

Star Guitar
      Participant

thanks vr-4 and zac, ill have a look into the dirt hawgs and the masher 2000 cause they look pretty mad and look like the could handle a lot.

VR-4
      Participant

mashers are for monster trucks and dirt hogs were made for 4wd trucks.

use either proline bow tie t’s in the back losi silver or gold step pin or fuzzys and pro line the edge up front.

Star Guitar
      Participant

ok then, ill have to ask the guys at mr toys (i no its a little kid store but they got a mad rc section and its close) i no they sell dirt hawgs but i dunno about mashers and i dunno how much they are anyway.

peedee
      Participant

nick for rc car tyre help go to hobbyrama its far but worth the trip

Star Guitar
      Participant

yea but no one would take me that far unless i went wit u

PandaBear
      Participant

Mr Toys? Hobbyrama?
      Ahh, you folks must be from BNE. 🙂

Star Guitar
      Participant

yea man were from brissy im talkin bout the mr toys at springwood if u no where it is and hobbyrama at…. wherever it is

peedee
      Participant

stafford

Star Guitar
      Participant

yea thats the place

peedee
      Participant

hey what about proline the edge up front and dirt hawgs at the rear would that work

Star Guitar
      Participant

arent “the edge” like the tires i already have, id rather have matching front and back tires like the nitro mt

peedee
      Participant

then i would recomend the dirt hawgs or mashers very good grip long lasting relyable tire

Star Guitar
      Participant

ok

VR-4
      Participant

you got a 2wd stadum truck why dont you use the tires that are made for it. mashers are made for 2wd monster trucks like stampeed ect. dirt hawgs are got street/hard packed clay or dirt.

1 thing you must remember is that a staduem trucs trans is not like a monster truck trans you cant spin a par of machers its gonna be to hard on your trans eng. ect.

you want somthing with long whare and high grip use step pin and nip them “cut the tips of the pins off” this will give you more traction.

go to the losi web site or the proline web site and ask them there gonna tell you the same stuff i ben telling you.

only 4wd cars come with dirt hogs there a deep street tred they suck off road unless your cars 4wd.

mashers have tomuch grip and a stadum truck cant handle it becouse your gonna need some extra balls ta spinn them about a 15 turn or less and i used a alu. top shaft in my losi and i had sand paws on it “step up from the mashers” and used a 9turn single and snaped the part of my topshaft that goes to my slipty in 1/2

Star Guitar
      Participant

wats good bout the edge tires they look identical to the ones i already have and all they do is do dowies everywhere when i keep turning one way r they surposed to do that on like every type of terrian cause i can do dowies on tiles grass dirt rocks road brick driveways everythin

peedee
      Participant

i rekon Big Joes ;);)

nah i personally would go wit dirt hawgs who cares if the are for 4wd nitrochicken from traxxas recons they are good for the rustler its 2wd

Star Guitar
      Participant

yea i might go wit dirt hawgs or get the bow ties i will have to ask the guys at mr toys and see what they have and what they recomend cause if i cant get bow ties then i might have to get dirt hawgs

peedee
      Participant

bow ties pfft i would rather hpi X pattern than them (no offence VR-4) just dont like those sorte of tires allways been a monstar man

Star Guitar
      Participant

whats good about the x pattern

peedee
      Participant

well i just think that they look better (grip wise) and last longer and they are HPI are relyable brand…not saying proline isnt as it is a great brand

Star Guitar
      Participant

what about dirt hawgs on the back and the x pattern on the front? cause dirt hawgs r supposedly made for 4wd trucks but if they r only on the back wit the x pattern on the front shouldnt it be pretty good then?

peedee
      Participant

nah if your gunna do that you may as well use VR-4 setup

Star Guitar
      Participant

i just got sum dirt hawgs for the back they hoon they r mad as and im prob gonna get sum for the front tomorrow

*madness*

VR-4
      Participant

theres a reason stadeum trucks all use pin type on the back and ribed on the front.

Star Guitar
      Participant

and that is…..

is it so that the back tires sit where they are but still spin and the front ones use ribbed so they can move forwards and side to side right

Star Guitar
      Participant

alrighty i have finished my new tire setup here it is:

On The Front:

Road Hawg 2.2″

Eagle Chrome Rims

On The Back:

Dirt Hawg 2.2″

HPI MT Mesh Chrome Rims

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.