What can I do to my Zip Zaps car?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      aussiexmodder
      Participant

Well Xmods parts are hard to get and are expensive so Ive been thinkin bout my little zz car. i just wondering what kinds of things I can do to it to ake it perform better. It is a standard zz chassis with zzse cuda and mustang body. I already have put one of those things across the steering structs (look in pic). It has a NX speed motor, with red gearing.
      i84682832_72508_5.jpg
      Ive got the arial inside the car and give me bout 2 metre range.
      i84538815_83625_5.jpg
      i97750799_13405_5.jpg
      Here you can see the white strut-bar type thing in the front, that I put in from another small r/c car
      i99119768_10081_5.jpg
      i97319767_65332_5.jpg
      i96396764_44988_5.jpg
      Any feedback would be good.

betty.k
      Participant

can’t see any pics, but what can’t you do to a zz!

there’s upgrades like gears , tyres and motors which can be fun for a little while.

but the real fun starts with modifications! dual cells, suspension, body mods, fetmods, etc. the list goes on!

have a read through the forums, you’ll get all sorts of ideas.
      this place opened my eyes too:
      http://www.tinyrc.com/qfm/racing/
      :8ball:

aussiexmodder
      Participant

the pics can also be seen on my ‘my xmods’ page at my site. (the first site in my sig)
      And modifications I want to do are the power amplification type things, and maybe lowering the body.

aussiexmodder
      Participant

These are pics of the exhaust system that I added a couple of hours ago.
      i97479634_22822_5.jpg
      i98181626_99598_5.jpg

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

must do the FET mod.. I’ve done it to my Bit and it’s an animal now!

Also FETed my ZZ MT, also well worth doing..

Am yet to FET my ZZSE, but it’s on the list…

I love that body, and the pipes are real neat too.. my ZZSE just has a very UGLY New Mustang body, might have to track down one of the old skool muscle car ones, like I have on some of my HO slot cars (got Cuda’s etc).

klims
      Participant

what are the differences between the zz models? are any of the digitally proportional?

betty.k
      Participant

only the zzse is propo, about 8 steps each way.
      the original zz’s were like longer versions of bits, same magnetic steering.
      the zzmt’s are 4wd monster trucks, but still non propo.
      the newer zz’s (from the cars movie) are different again, motorised steering and dual cells :8ball:

klims
      Participant

ok. im looking at getting one. any recommendations? im looking at this one http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6051878877&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
      but i think it is one of the older ones. i think this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ZipZaps-SE-Starter-Kit-Yellow-Initial-D-Mazda-Enfini_W0QQitemZ280026441073QQihZ018QQcategoryZ44024QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
      is a newer one, but it they both seem a little expensive. i think the sweetest looking one is the hummer though http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280026061269&fromMakeTrack=true. any thoughts? is this the going rate for a zz?

ph2t
      Participant

klim, pdqmods is an excellent source for ZZ and XMOD stuff. I reccomend him. Prices are good and service is prompt….The pricing you see is close to the same as RadioShack retail in the US.

cheers,

ph2t.

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

Klims, if ya haven’t already, rig up some sort of proper battery charging system.
      Not only will you dramatically increase your run times, but with a good charge the cell/s will reach a higher voltage so you can go faster.

Oh, did I mention to do the FET mod too ? 😛

keep an eye on this guy for ZZSE and xmods – only 1 item up currently, but I got my ZZSE for US$10.. and the XMOD he has up now looks cheaper than most.

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZgingerman22

klims
      Participant

thanks for the info guys.

so i guess 50 bucks inc delivery is about standard for a zz. which model would you guys recomend? the SE models seem to look pretty crappy for some reason… i think it might be the plastic hanging out the bottom. are bodies interchangable with the different models? for example if i got the hummer
      http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280026061269&fromMakeT rack=true
      would i be able to put other bodies like the mustang and the charger?

betty.k
      Participant

yeah, bodies all interchange between zz, se, mt.

maybe the se’s don’t look as good but under the shell they’re pretty impressive. you can always change the looks! 🙂 :8ball:

aussiexmodder
      Participant

[ATTACH]246[/ATTACH]<--Ignore this

blurrc
      Participant

BUMP

So were is the Cheapest place to buy zip zaps se’s?

betty.k
      Participant

probably the only place to buy zz se’s is ebay. they are a discontinued model these days. :8ball:

blurrc
      Participant

Hey guys.

So today I got the ZZ from Renton (thanks man) and I thought I would do a mini review on it hehheh.

So I am running it with NX motor and turbo gears with slick tires.
      First thing I noticed as soon as I hit the throttle was the thing was quick but then that was followed by something that was very confusing and disappointing the range was only about 2 metres long at the max which was a shame because I was hoping to be able to drive around my rumpus without have to follow it constantly. Although another good thing is that it has awesome cornering capabilities with a radius of about 10cm at the max. Also I noticed it has suspension (which I am not sure if it was the work of Renton or if it came stock that way) although the suspension seemed fairly useless because it was no were stiff enough. Over all I am pretty happy with the car but it isn’t perfect. Honestly I think an upgraded super slick (mine is stock) would be a better choice than the ZZ but SS’s are getting impossible to find, even the new ones.

I do have a couple of questions though:
      Is there a reason my car has limited range or is that just a normal thing?
      Can someone explain to me about the steering arm thing that you can put over the front wheels? I have one in my BCG but I can’t seem to get it out.
      Lastly what’s the difference between the racing and NX motors?

Drive555
      Participant

nice

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Drive555.
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.