what glows “blue” and give off a link every time??

Home Forums General Chat what glows “blue” and give off a link every time??

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      perriscope
      Participant

anyone else noticed how there is one word on this website when written in the forums that always glows blue and and gives a direct link!!

I have if you scoll down you will see what It is . . . .

EBAY . . . does!!!

Got nothing against it, I Love ebay for buying things from O.S. has a great range of stuff and to be honest nearly every post I’ve made on here include’s somthing either I’ve bought on ebay or is a dicussion on something that is for sale on ebay. I guess this site is sponsored by them ;o)

I dont really care but I would like to add there are other online auction sites although they don’t feature many or in some cases any mini rc’s I though I would let people know about some other online auction websites. So that mini rc will start to appear on them. They have cheaper listing fee’s which is good when listing rc parts etc. cause they don’t cost much to begin with ;o)

http://www.sold.com.au

http://www.stuff.com.au — no listing fees!! just commission fees at end of auction lower than ebay ;o)

http://www.getonce.com.au — this is not a online auction site but is a website that will search stuff.com.au, sold.com.au and ebay.com.au all at once!! pretty kewl I think.

FreeLoader101
      Participant

yah i always wondered about that ebay thing.. kinda annoying really.. i personally have a grudge against ebay bcuz u have to be a member to do ANYTHING on it.. even ask a seller a question.. or pass a link to a friend.. pointless.. and you cant search seller reviews by good, bad, and even.. wats up with that?? goddamn commies!! i tell yah.

GT-ahh
      Participant

u do realise its linked because ebay pays to have advertising on this page…

barto_85
      Participant

are there any other words that are linked like that?

FreeLoader101
      Participant

GT-ahh.. you’re missin the point.. i felt like ranting.. so i ranted.. i dont care if their sponsoring the place i in rant or not….. lol.. how come writing ebay in caps doesnt make it link

DONT GOTO EBAY>> ITS EEEEEEVIIIIIL!!!:evil::evil::evil::evil:

heh heh

GT-ahh
      Participant

by clicking the link you support ausmicro.

ph2t
      Participant

Get off the drugs freeloader, lmao!:D

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it also works when you type ausmicro.com and paypal

😀

Edited by – KittyKatSmack on 18 June 2003 10:47:18

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it also works when you type ausmicro.com and paypal

😀

Edited by – KittyKatSmack on 18 June 2003 10:47:18

Keymaster

OK Here’s the scoop

I’ve written the modification for the Forum so that when kewords are typed in posts they are converted to links. Ebay, Paypal and ausmicro.com are some of those words.

I enter the conversions manually (and missed doing an EBAY one) so have to meet the permutations and combinations that I want linking.

Let’s use e-bay as our example.

A new visitor to our site sees us talk about buying an item on e-bay. They click on the link becuase it’s there in the thread. That link actually binds their click to our affiliate ID. When they get onto e-bay and sign up (assuming they’re not already an e-bay user) our affiliate account gets credited with AUD4.00.

Now I’d love to say this has been a grand success for us but since we’ve been running banner ads on the site we have made a grand total of AUD$12 from e-bay, and USD$20 from Paypal and nil from any of the other advertisers. The support from Trading Direct and past advertisers who pay us directly have been the only things that keep us afloat.

I would add any other organisation with a decent affiliate program to this, but SOLD.COM.AU misses out becuase it’s a bit hard to make every occurence of the word SOLD link to them 😉 Banner ads are always available for purchase though.

I know some of you may think it’s ‘selling’ out or a bit rude but really any little bit we can scrape up helps, ausmicro.com is currently costing me a lot of money that I really don’t have and I need to recoup it.

I’ll also post a bit of a personal whinge here. I got paid from my real job today, so I paid my car payment, my rent and my DJs bill, plus took the minimum payment off my credit card. Oh and I paid two outstanding bills for ausmicro.com hosting. I now have AUD55 left to eat, drink and be merry for the next fortnight including getting up to Sydney for the raceday!

--
      Site Owner Guy.

bithed
      Participant

how much IS advertising ?

Keymaster

Good Question Bithed 🙂

We run the banners in rotation using our own banner software – it accounts for the ads and displays and tracks click-thrus. We have all banners set to the same priority.

We can sell advertsing based on number of displays or number of click-thrus or for a set period of time with configurable start and end dates.

Rates current as of June 2003
      Payment is made in advance by cash or Paypal.

[*]AUD50.00 per 10000 displays[*]AUD50.00 for unlimited displays per month[*]AUD125.00 for a 3 month block of unlimited displays[/list]

We can do smaller bundles by negotiation.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

bithed
      Participant

thats doable…might even save my bum from getting banned all over the show 👿 let me crunch some numbers and get back to you aaron…what does 10,000 displays mean? 10,000 hits?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

ebayebayebayebayebayebayebayebayebayebayebayebayebay

FreeLoader101
      Participant

*snorts a line of multivitamin*….. sry wat was that aaron???

lol.. i dont find it rude.. i just like to cause trouble! dammit.. if i had known i coulda got u 4 bucks i woulda signed up for ebay (which i had to do a little while ago JUST TO ASK A FREAKIN QUESTION!!!!) *ahem* thru this forum 🙁

oh well…

perriscope
      Participant

WOW!!

what a convo I got started hee hee!!

Man I reckon with all the money that ebay make they should pay you alot more than $4 AUD for those links!! DAMN that’s a bad deal

you should get $4 everytime someone links an ebay auction!!! it’s only like $2.50USD to them. cheapscates!! thats what they are!! have they forgot that registered uses don’t always go on ebay, but would regularly go to their favorite site ausmicro.com and then see something someonbe has refered too such as

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3135476423&category=2565

imagine how many already uses of ebay have not seen it but after coming to this and reading what I have just written click on the link and place a bid!! or have a short look around after for a similar item etc

I think every link like that above is worth $4USD
      at least.

On another note

Aaron wrote

I know some of you may think it’s ‘selling’ out or a bit rude but really any little bit we can scrape up helps

I hate that urguement!! so many people say that A band has “soldout” when their music is used in a tv commercial or something. I say make as much money as you can whistle still giving “us” the members all the tools we need i.e forums galleries, downloads lol.

. .. . my two cents worth! hee hee

Keymaster

Thanks guys & girls 😉

There’s no risk of people being banned just becasue they don’t pay for advertising. We do try to look after everyones interests though so we may have a quiet word about promo’ing 😉

Always happy to talk ideas for advertising. Bithed that’s 10000 displays of the ad which is 10000page views.

*grins*

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

FreeLoader101
      Participant

i always considered Ausmicro to have the fairest rules of all the forums i’ve been on.. they dont b*tch u out if u put a post in the wrong place or stuff like that.. and thats always nice 🙂

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.