what is the best gear/motor combo?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I’m particularly interested in knowing which gear is the best to go with a 2.2 motor. I currectly have the original (orange) gear/axle set and i think its pretty good for turns but the acceleration isnt that great.

Admin
      Participant

Try S-01 green 3.43:1 gear, or the red 3.95:1 gear. I found that 2.2 motors still have enough torque to push the S-01 gears, and the ratio boosts the top speed a bit. The GS-03 gears work better withMotorola / 2.6 / 3.0 / 3.8 motors. If you use the S-01 gearings, the take off is incredibly weak.

My absolute best gear/motor combo is a 3.8 w/a 12:1 gearing modified with the smaller front diameterrims/tires. The takeoff is always quick (w/hard tires it always peels out!).

Id love to hear what other combos anyone else has found very good.

deejay40

Admin
      Participant

Deejay when you say

“My absolute best gear/motor combo is a 3.8 w/a 12:1 gearing “

I take it thats the blue high ratio gear from the GS-03 set????

Admin
      Participant

Firstly If you are looking for a bit more acceleration I would not recommend using the bit racer gears at all…. i think that your best bet with the 2.2 motor is the orange gears, however my gavorite gear/motor combination would be the 2.6 with the top speed gears, it is a good trade off between acceleration , handling and top speed

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.