WHAT MODDS

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      merc-blue
      Participant

im getting a starter mini z from a freind and was wondering what r the best mods to get 2 make it go fast (total mini z noob)

GT-ahh
      Participant

id recommend fets and x-speed…

merc-blue
      Participant

x-speed?

t00l
      Participant

the x speed is a motor upgrade
      for speed 20km is about stock speed and then 26km with an x speed

as for fets (MOSFETS) are very tiny chips that fit to your eletronics of your board, if you have seen the size they are very tiny and would not bother unless you have top notch soldering skills

the other option there is to send your z to someone to fet mod it for you

if you want upgrades to make it fast, there is so much you can do, as every part is upgradeable on the z

http://www.minizstore.com is a good place to look for a fairly wide range of everything you can buy

for a start, id say you get some good rechargeable batteries and a good recharger, and an x speed motor.

Im not sure how good you are with rc cars, but id say unless you get good realy fast at controling your car and weaving around the house with it wait untill you get any more mods for your car.

as for upgrades, speed is not the only area, there is many more you could look at.

The best place to have a long look at would be here

http://www.minizworld.com/modules.php?name=MZTools&file=zones

that should be a good start at showing you all the parts you can upgrade and where it helps increase and by around how much

hope i helped, any more questions just feel free to ask 🙂

merc-blue
      Participant

so mostfet and x speed will increase speed what bout handling and durability

t00l
      Participant

mosfetS… or a turbo if you want the easy way out, fets just give you that better performance when running motors 5x better than the x speed (most probo too hard for you to practice with atm)

see here to see what i mean by its a very hard installation
      http://tokyotekki.com/mosfet.html

i wouldn?t recommend these for beginners, they are mainly used when using more powerful motors. The x speed can be handled by the stock circuit board anyway.

as for handling and durability, did you check the miniz world link i gave you?

Here is the upgrades i would get anyway

Speed:
      x Good batteries
      x X Speed Motor
      x Ball Bearings (for wheels)
      use the 9 tooth pinion you get with your mini z

Handling:
      x Ball bearing Differential
      x Hard front springs
      x Carbon fiber H plate, or O plate if you can get one from somewhere
      x Rear shock set (so the H plate wont snap)
      x Good low G tires (18g will be good) (lower = more sticky)
      x alloy mags (only if you want looks)

Durability:
      x Spare set of servo gears, yes these do break fairly easy after giving your car a good bang or even just a good run in
      x Spare or alloy pinions, these can wear out over time and you will need more to make your car run smooth

All this may cost a fair bit, but its all you need to get your car running good, i know there are a lot more parts out there you can get but most of them make next to no difference unless you want that extra second of your lap racing time. But as a beginner i guess you just want something you can crash into walls a lot and something that will hold.

After you fell pretty pro at it then you should buy a turbo, or fets if you are gain and then a pro modified motor. Thats when you can start going fast 😉

Have fun

GT-ahh
      Participant

yeah 800mah rechargables are a good upgrade… cheaper than alkaline too

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh i just want something that i dont destroy till i get a handle on the control of it

t00l
      Participant

just get use to stock then and slowly up the speed, if your just going around the house and office then you probo wont need all of the upgrades 🙂

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.