what s a good ESC for a MRS4??

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion what s a good ESC for a MRS4??

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Would this be a good one?

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=421_36_51&products_id=6782

Just wanting an idea….?

ta,

ph2t.

Edited by – Aaron on 22 November 2004 12:34:54

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      Participant

Any of the GM V-series are great. The small LRP are good too. Just anything but an Atom.

The Tamiya unit is a bit big.

Participant

What’s wrong with the Novak Atom??

Matt:- have suspicions that the Tamiya 302 is same as the Futaba MC230CR. Its small for 1/10 but not as small as the mRS4-specific ones like Novak SPY.

Futaba 230 sells for A$79 at Metro.
      It will handle any micro motor you can think of.

Or for the same size and a little more loose change, think about the Futaba 330 too just $120. It will handle down to 540 12-turn I think, a fantastic buy at that price.

Participant

thanks for the info boys, you two were the exact two fellas I was targeting…… lol….

Keymaster

I can say a GM V4-R would be a nice choice… 540 down to 14 turns, very small and nice quality.

’bout $100 if you shop well.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

I meant to say SPY. It’s just overpriced, overhyped crap IMO, plenty of stories of blown Spys (do they even have thermal shut down?).

A GM V-x or LRP Quantum practically can’t be blown. Some LRP’s even have electronic water protection (which really works :approve:).

GM are clearly better value than Futaba, and my GM’s are happy running 2-3 turns below recommended in most cars.

Participant

Bit of a mystery as to who’s the distributor for GM in Oz so that’s a hassle.

Quite a few cases of LRP Quantum Comps (aka Futaba 800, aka Nosram Dominator Power etc) not just blowing up but actually catching fire in TCs, although you’ll probably not see that in a Micro.

Futaba distributorship is at least pretty stable & reliable. They’ve only recently dropped 230/330 pricing to 79/119 (from approx 120/160) so that definitely brings them up on value. The 230/330 is a Futaba design, not a LRP rebadge job.

Participant
      Quote:
      I meant to say SPY. It’s just overpriced, overhyped crap IMO, plenty of stories of blown Spys (do they even have thermal shut down?)

Supposedly has:
      “One-Touch Set-Up, Radio Priority Circuitry, Polar Drive Technology, Thermal Protection, Smart Braking, and Reverse Disable.”

Think there was more emphasis on making it small & lightweight more than any other factor, so they do say “*Not for use in R/C cars with a 380 or 540-size (.05) motor.”

Participant

I just bought 2 Novak XRS esc’s from Tower Hobbies in USA. 1 for my wifes stock micro rs4 bmw and 1 for my 540 conversion micro (currently building) supposedly handle down to 15t motor, limited to 6 cells, has thermal shutdown, smart breaking 2, one button setup etc.

They arrived in the post today and I’ve put it in the BMW, its tiny and fit great. too much wire tho, will cut it down after the warranty period.

Participant

forgot to mention they’re quite cheap too at US $50

Participant

hey adamc welcome to the forums. so your a MRS4 runner u got ne thing else RC

Participant

hey im getting a losi mini-t some time this week.. 😀 and was wondering wat esc looks like the Gm or LPR but any one know any sources?

Participant

Thanks merc,

been a member for about a year i think but haven’t posted before, haven’t had anything to contribute.

I dont actually own a mrs4 yet, my wife does, i just have a Aktionrc micro 540 conversion kit, some cells and an esc. (its a work in progress)

plenty of other rc stuff, a glider i havent seen for a couple of years, 2 working 1/10 tourers, both kyosho, a v one s and an electric.

a few char-g’s, clones and a micro sub from jay car.

oh and a couple of old broken tamiyas

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.