What to buy?????

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      mr.micro.2u
      Participant

Hi guys, i am new to mini rc cars and have a mini t but wish to venture into the on-road scene, i was wondering if these iwavers/firelap cars are any good and which ones are the best buy. Or do i just get a mini z and get some quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

betty.k
      Participant

hi man!

definately cut to the chase and buy a kyosho. pretty much every model is good with the exception being the mr01(no servo saver, no brake, high c.o.g.). don’t get me wrong, it’s pretty good but with better options out there like the mr02 (servo saver, brake, lower center of gravity) you’re better off buying once.

you might even want to look into the mr015 (servo saver, brake) or the new ma010 (servo saver, brake, 4wd)

so if you got the bucks, get the new ma010 (drove one today, awesome!). otherwise my pick is the mr02xp1700.gif8ball.gif

ph2t
      Participant

yeah, get the mr02, lost of fun, parts and good times.

you in Melb? there’s a small crew of us here that tear up the concrete weekly 🙂

the ausmicro.com shop has lots of goodies and quick shipping. I ordered my ma-010 on Monday, got it yesterday!!!

ph2t.

TallduDe
      Participant

well lets put it this way with iwaver/firelap there cheap and nasty. they break easy if you replace parts with kyosho parts then you get a good car but you end up spending more money then if you bought a kyosho mini z in the first place!!

get the m02 if you like carpet racing or if you like drifting and a good racer get the ma010 they are the bomb! its more expensive but worth the money i reckon.

Keymaster

The thing is a MA010 is not that much more exxy than a MR02, say about $70 or so and the difference in ‘fun factor’ is more than that – But it does mean thinking away from the ‘cheap’ R/C to the it costs as much as 1/10ths…

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

mr.micro.2u
      Participant

Much appreciated guys, will go the awd and start making a track now.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.