What to do

Home Forums General Chat What to do

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      i2obert
      Participant

ok should i buy a new rc car sence being on this site lol it seams alot of you just have those micro tiny lil things lol i got a race-win and i want to race but i want to have the chance to change bodys when i feel like thats what i like about the mini-z u can use 1:@4 scale bodys now they cost to much for me as im only on mini wages at work i was then thinkin of trying to make my own custom 1:24 scale what you think of thats idea comparrd to buying a mini-z or a race-tin or one of those mini mini ones you all seem to have

trash
      Participant

The micro cars are cheap. Everybody has their favourite, some are better than the others. If you start with a micro car like the bit’s or char-g, they’re like $10-15. The mini Z’s I think are better, but the price isn’t relative. Local hobby shop’s markup is huge compared to overseas.
      You can easily pay $100 for a basic car and then another $250 upgrading it to something good.

DaveF
      Participant

The Micro cars that lots of us seems to have, are actually quite a bit of fun. The cars, and the upgrades are all very cheap when compared to their bigger counterparts.

MiniZs are out of my price range too at the moment, and I’ll get some one day, but the Micro cars are keeping me well amused in the mean time.

I think you would find building your own from the rubber up would cost more in the end than just buying one off the net.

trash
      Participant

After seeing what local shops sell miniZ’s for, and they don’t stop the upgrade parts which make them worth while. I wonder why they bother.
      Mini Z’s are for the more serious racer. The comps are big in asia, the micro’s a more fun
      and a bit more practical for home racing etc.

i2obert
      Participant

how about those minix are they good for price like compared to a miniz

trash
      Participant

mini-X is good. have a look at my gallery, you can see the difference. The mini-X is good stock standard, and the Z you basically need to upgrade,
      but that is half the fun 🙂 They both drive pretty similar, though I’m not much of a driver.

i2obert
      Participant

i whouldt mind having a go at making my own mini rc car like from bits from the mini z and ideas from other cars less i can fit 1:24 scale model bodys onto a rance-tin

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.