What to get????

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I ve never been into these little thing but I just got worked up watching a video of these drifting around a little tyre track and now i want one 🙂 What is the best one to get, how much and where can I get them from(melb). Ive heard of alot of brands like tomy, panther, Lxx (with turbo boost????), cannon ball
      but i got no idea which is the best to get. If you know anything about these can you give a full report please. Also what is the best motor(1.0/2.2/3.0/4.0/??) or gear setups for either speed or handling and drift???? What cars good/bad. Gimmi everythin you know 🙂

barto_85
      Participant

I havn t driven anything else, but Tomy seems to be the most popular brand around here. You can get Tomy Compact Char-g’s from most toy shops and BigW, Kmart etc, around Australia. I also think the melbourne markets sell Tomy Bit char-g’s, no difference except the name, and Compact Char-g’s have less to choose from, but all parts and body shells are compatible anyway. the compacts come with a 2.2 which is good enough until you get bored.

DaveF
      Participant

Best motor for control is a 1.0. Best all round motor would be a 2.2 or a 2.6 – good combination of speed and control. Best motor for speed… well, the higher the number the faster the motor.

Quality of product. most people agree that Tomy Bit Char-Gs are the best for consistant quality. Just about every company produces lemons, but Tomy seem to have less of them reaching the showroom floor. They re the original, or if not the original, then the industry standard – all other brands are considerred as clones.

Getting your hands on one in Melbourne. Well, Kmart, and some other bigger shops will stock them. You’ll havea very limited range, and no accesories are available.

The best way to get them is from Barrel (find him on this site… actually I’m suprised he hasn’t replied first.), or through an online hobby shop in Asia, like HLJ, or ToyEast. You end up waiting for delivery, but you get a better range to choose from, plus all the extras are available. I use HLJ (Hobby Link Japan). See the links page on this site for their web addresses.

Admin
      Participant

What are the Lxx one s like??

leonli17
      Participant

welcome to this site rx3rotary.
      u live in melbourne too right?
      Then Kmart is the shop to go if u want Compact Char-g(Tomy). It cost $50.
      But some of the clones on sell in melbourne is (or was) really good. If u don t expact to pay a lot on the first Micro RC car. THen go to the closest market to u and u might find someone setup a small area selling RC cars. Or u can go to get a Tomy made in Toys R Us, Kmart. Or hobby place near Melbourne Central.

What are the Lxx one’s like??
      well the Lxx are just like Bit or Compact Char-g.
      Except it is not made by Tomy . It is a clone.

Which suburb are u live in Melbourne?

KingRX7
      Participant

i deystroyed my lxx now i use it for spare parts for my bits not a bad set up

RacerX
      Participant

I m thinking about getting a lxx do any of them come boosted?

Admin
      Participant

Thanks guys I just made and order with toyeast.com for an lxx rx-7 with all the accessories. Does anyone know how long they usually take to get here ( I picked Express )? Also do think they make Mazda Rx-3 Shells??:)

Ps. I live in Keilor Downs (Western suburbs near Sunshine)

Admin
      Participant

Thanks guys I just made and order with toyeast.com for an lxx rx-7 with all the accessories. Does anyone know how long they usually take to get here ( I picked Express )? Also is there anywhere i get parts like axel gears and bodies (Shops not internet) and do think they make Mazda Rx-3 Shells??:)

Ps. I live in Keilor Downs (Western suburbs near Sunshine)

Prowler3
      Participant

currently in sydney basic compact chargs tomy, are $35 in toys r us! theres supra, nsx, rx7, skyline, s2000, and celica i think!!!!!

merc-blue
      Participant

hey if u live in melborne and want cheap clones go to the queen vic market that were i get mine for modding but be careful lots of them are recked

merc-blue
      Participant

also a digi q is far better b ut there hard to get in aus specialy vic

leonli17
      Participant

merc-blue is right. queen vic market is a good place to get clones. u get surprises from clones. some of them can be really good sometimes even better than a stock CCG. but sometimes u can get some that won t even move. then u only can use it as a source of spare parts.

z-beam
      Participant

worth the gamble…..

if your gonna paint your shells they are definatly worth the $20 you usally spend

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.