What’s on you guys’s workbenches?

Home Forums General Chat What’s on you guys’s workbenches?

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Pork_Hunt
      Participant

With the reawakening of ausmicro (and a recent house-move) I have been getting all up in my rc **** in the shed…
      At the moment I have on the work bench…

* A full set of charging leads I made up yesterday, ALL this time I had just been twitching here and soldering there to get my cars charged…

* My Minizilla knock off. It has had the wheel hubs cut out and glued into 1.9 touring rims. These have Tamiya Hummer tyres on them. This sparked a trip around town to find a connector to get this one charged. Epic win! I have an inkling that K-mart here has a semi-cool shell on a toy truck, like a humvee cut down into a futuristic buggy, that might be perfect for this…

* Tamiya TL-01 knockoff with the old minizilla tyres on it. I have a LEXAN Tamiya Brat shell ready to go as soon as I pony up for some paint. It is 4 degrees here at the moment, so this might be on the back burner until summer…

* Sally, my beloved Mini-Z OL. She has no steering at the moment, and her left steering knuckle is more CA than plastic, but with a little re-wiring and some TLC she will ride again…

* I have two ZZMT’s that will be getting artic mods. One Clint‘s way from bPimps and the other THIS way, when funds and spares allow.

Other than that I have my HPI RS4Mini still, set up for drifting, a Jada FJCruiser toy I hobbified last year and a iW02 in bits. Plus VARIOUS micros of course…

Pics to follow…
      Whats on you guys’s workbenches?

Renton
      Participant

I have just moved into a new house which has a massive polished floor board living / kitchen area, not to mention a double garage 🙂

My bench is currently occupied with surfboards, broken legropes and other odds and ends.

Cant wait to get abit of spare coin to lay down on some new equipment.

kevsta
      Participant

In the last week I bought a mini-z 350z 2007 white body, painted it tamiya pearl white with black rear wing, mirrors, and carnards.

I then mounted it on the mini-z awd chassis only to find out that the rear of the autoscale is so low that it sc****s the ground – you can’t even press the rear of the car to test the springs out. Looks like kyosho got the mould wrong on this body.

I’ve some dremel work this weekend.

z-beam
      Participant

19 qsteers, every micro gear set I own and motors. The floors here in Bali are all super smooth polished marble so it’s easy to test the little beasts out.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Didn’t want to start another thread just to post pics of the FJCruiser and the OL, so…

P5210057.jpg

a Picco-z LiPoly to the first person to identify the 1:1 car…

Renton
      Participant

is it an XF ?

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

BAM! We have a winner. PM your address dude, if you want the lipo…

Renton
      Participant

boom!

PM sent

*** bless the XF

*** shoulda said g0d but i dont know why it would blank it out?

Gee we live in funny times

betty.k
      Participant

i wuz gunna say “pile o’ crap falcon” so therefore i win too!:D

on my workbench is nuthin’ right now. the closest thing is my same old mini z mr02 which i serviced heavily and i dropped in an atomic chilli evolution motor. on the tamiya speed checker it’s ballistic!!
      on the track may be a different story! 😉 :8ball:

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

If you want one b.k, I have a few more. The local electronic store guy is saving them out of faulty picco-z’s for me. If anyone else wants one let me… Could we run a compe***ion? 😀 I’ll buy some stamps tomorrow and get yours away tomorrow Renton, hope you do something awesome with it!

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Wow! Vigilant filter…

blurrc
      Participant

Me do want that lipo… mainly because I don’t want to ruin my fairly immaculate picco-z.

Renton
      Participant

Thanks Pork Hunt.

I almost feel guilty, seems to easy.

I have a stack of spare AWD parts so if anyone is chasing any odds and ends, gears, knuckles etc let me know. could do a little swap of sorts. Its mainly all stock stuff but it does the job

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

yeah blurrc, let me know what you are gunna use it for first and as long as it is a cool project I’ll mail you one.;) I have about 5 kicking around, I can’t guarantee that they are good, but they aren’t bulged out or anything. I am up for swaps if anyone is offering…

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

@Renton 230355 wrote:

Thanks Pork Hunt.

I almost feel guilty, seems to easy.

I have a stack of spare AWD parts so if anyone is chasing any odds and ends, gears, knuckles etc let me know. could do a little swap of sorts. Its mainly all stock stuff but it does the job

Finally got the li-poly away dude. Sorry about the hold up, weather has been ****ed in Horsham lately…

I still have couple of these kicking around guys…

Participant

@kevsta 230327 wrote:

In the last week I bought a mini-z 350z 2007 white body, painted it tamiya pearl white with black rear wing, mirrors, and carnards.

I then mounted it on the mini-z awd chassis only to find out that the rear of the autoscale is so low that it sc****s the ground – you can’t even press the rear of the car to test the springs out. Looks like kyosho got the mould wrong on this body.

I’ve some dremel work this weekend.

I love the 2007 Super-GT350Z – And you’re right, I don’t know how Kyosho expects anyone to run the body with the rear-end as low as it is. Even with the side-clips broken-off and re-set to make the body ride higher, the body still scrap-ed my RCP:huh:

So I (And basically everyone I know) hacks-off the whole rear-end of the ’07 Super-GT 350z so the bumper isn’t an issue. I also hacked-off the front lip via-dremel because when cornering the lip would hit the track also. Great body though once you get it sorted out:D

I have too many things on my workbenches to list… Everything Mini-Z-related. I need to get off my arse and ship my 2.4-MA010 off to my buddy to have a Nelly installed. I am thinking about a Nelly on one of my 2.4 MR02’s as well…

Happy to see this forum getting back in the swing of things!:D

jimmy
      Participant

@betty.k 230344 wrote:

i wuz gunna say “pile o’ crap falcon” so therefore i win too!:D

on my workbench is nuthin’ right now. the closest thing is my same old mini z mr02 which i serviced heavily and i dropped in an atomic chilli evolution motor. on the tamiya speed checker it’s ballistic!!
      on the track may be a different story! 😉 :8ball:

what pinion you running ???
      i run an 8 tooth with my modded mr01 running an atomic chilli and a spider v4

betty.k
      Participant

@jimmy 230381 wrote:

what pinion you running ???
      i run an 8 tooth with my modded mr01 running an atomic chilli and a spider v4

i’m also running an 8 tooth. i have the power to run a much bigger pinion but the track i run at is too small for insane speed. if i was running at a 1:10 track i’d go for anything up to 14 tooth! :8ball:

jimmy
      Participant

@betty.k 230384 wrote:

i’m also running an 8 tooth. i have the power to run a much bigger pinion but the track i run at is too small for insane speed. if i was running at a 1:10 track i’d go for anything up to 14 tooth! :8ball:

what speed do you get on the speed checker with 14 tooth??:blackeye:

betty.k
      Participant

dunno, never tried it! with the current setup i get about 38kph on the checker. :8ball:

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.