whats the difference

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi I’m a complete newbie to the mini rc car world I have a mini z and thats all andI want tobuy a bit char-g butI am wondering whats the difference compared to a compact char-g and a bit char-g

Admin
      Participant

Compact Char-g as available from shops is basically an English language package and instructions, 2.2 motor powered car witha choice of two frequencies (27 + 40MHz).

Bit Char-G is Japanese/Asian market cars, there’s more car choice, more frequencies available (35 + 57 + 45 + 27MHz) and 3 different motor combinations available.

Parts will interchange between the two cars as they and mechnically indentical. So you can buy a Compact Char-G from K-Mart for example and then use hot-up parts from ausmicro.com to get better performance!

Jaydeman
      Participant

I’ve read the the Bit Char-G frequencies are not allowed in the UK as well, hence a reason for the repackaging and difference in freqs.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Jaydeman on 27July2002

I’ve read the the Bit Char-G frequencies are not allowed in the UK as well, hence a reason for the repackaging and difference in freqs.

Yes. There are certain RF laws in the UK that don’t allow anything over 40MHz (or something like that).

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.