What’s the go with this?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

i bought a clone called a “fit racer” from strathfield/brisbane car sound and opened it up to check out the motor to find instead of having the metal piece at the back it was wired which means i can’t put a new motor in! post with any ways to put a new motor in please

Admin
      Participant

yeah its easy just unsolder the wore off the motor and solder it to the new moter back on the lil tab. or if you have a bit. make a metal tab simaler to the bit’s if you need some more help pm me.

BigKid
      Participant

My “FIT racer” AKA “NanoRacer” (Yellow/Red Toyota Open Deck) has the normal motor that is clipped in by the heatsink (car Purchased from Strathfield in Dandenong, Melbourne).

Just prior to Xmas Marlows (an auto parts place) had some cheap “Thor” cars that look very similar to the “FIT racers” (same controller style etc).

This one has got the motor wired in, and I have seen one somewhere on the net that was apart and the motor was the clip in type ???.

It must depend on their supplier and who will give them the best deal on motors at the time ???

(The “Thor” car (Celica) is let down by crappy steering and will not go straight….. It appears to have too much slack in the centering spring and I have not been able to improve this after playing around with the centering spring…anybody else got one of these cars ???, they were only $18.95Aus so I expected pretty much what I got.)

Impreza
      Participant

The motor on the FIT that I got for xmas is normal as well, just took it out.

Admin
      Participant

hey big kid i saw them at the dande straithfield too!! just looking at the packageing shows that they are dodgy im some way!! stay with the true bit char-g

BigKid
      Participant

I agree the true Tomy char-g’s are made a lot better.

I have 5 char-g’s so I have just tried a couple of clones to check them out.

The FIT car is actually pretty good ($29.95Aus at Strathfield)

The THOR car has the bad steering ($18.95Aus at Marlows)

Gives me something to tinker with or eventually use for spares

A couple of my char-g’s I got for $38.85Aus on sale at Big-W which I think is a bargain.

Admin
      Participant

i seriously cannot find a nano racer i just want to c how it goes and how it looks but knowhere has them

Impreza
      Participant

Clones are always good, if you can get them cheap enough that is, for parts or learning or trying mods on. Nothing worse then killing a bit, when you could have killed a clone. They are also good for smallchildren or clumsy buddies to play with:)

Admin
      Participant

i am trying to find a clone 206 shell and so far no luck but the thing about clones whcih annoys me is people dont know how much better the real thing is and also the crappy declas on clones annoys me

Impreza
      Participant

I agree Shypo, but you can get some clear clone bodies (bitchar-a) that you can paint up yourself:) They come packaged just like the bit bodies one painted (usually with decals) and one clear. There isn’t a big price diff between the two just that the clear clone bodies may be better to try out paint on?

Impreza
      Participant

Sorry Shypo, try toyeast.com for the 206. I think you can pick up the shell or the bensu bullet with the shell. I picked up the blue at a market this summer, but the silver is sweet as well.

Admin
      Participant

i want the silver and thanks for the tip man. i have a couple of BCG A shells and they are a tad bigger so they are really wonky

BigKid
      Participant

Yes the decals on the clones are really bad – the 1st thing I did was take them off.

Admin
      Participant

i have seen “nexel” ” MONsTER” “maclaren” on a RX7, “AMM” instead of AME

the deac;s are really crap

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Shypo on 06January2003

…but the thing about clones whcih annoys me is people dont know how much better the real thing is …

Same drama with fake Rolex/Omega etc watches and fakeo Gucci/LouisVuitton gear… bad clones is worse becoz it can turn ppl off RC altogether.

:smiley6:

Admin
      Participant

Hay Shypo, I found a 206 clone in Sydney, chinatown for about $30. Can’t remember what brand clone it is, but I will check tomorrow, and yes it does have the cheap decal but they look like thay could be removed.

humm GTI 206…….:smiley4:

Admin
      Participant

Char-geer: I just modded my fit-facer last night to have replaceable motors. However I had a spare care for parts. The only part you really need is a tab for the back of the motor. I simply cut the wires leading to the motor and then sodered the blue wire to the center tab (one that touches the side of the motor). Using a back tab out of another car I removed the gear rod and inserted the tab, soddered the red to it and replaced the rod.

I actually have to fit racers, the second i modified a small peice of metal to fit snuggly in the engine compartment and soddered the red to it. Both work ok now. Unfortunately i lost the compression plastic peice that holds the tab in. Which means that my motor must be placed in the compartment exactly!

Good luck with yours.

Admin
      Participant

I think the close being sold in Market City (ground floor and not Paddys) were $30.00 each and they had Thunderbird on it or something like that…

Aesch 🙂

Admin
      Participant

Barrelll

Can we preform oral pleasure on each other?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.