whats up with ausmicro

Home Forums General Chat whats up with ausmicro

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      brendan
      Participant

whats up with ausmicro??? ever since yesterday it has been going really really slow and been timeing out alot.

micro_Amps
      Participant

We have had this before, I think it relates to the host server having problems (located somewhere in Europe, I think).
      I guess we will just have to wait until it sorts itself out.

:)uA

peedee
      Participant

yea its starting to happen frequently and its very annoying but i got nothing but time lol…

trash
      Participant

Ah, Would that be somewhere in ‘Eastern Europe’ ?
      Snow the open wire feeders again ! 🙂

betty.k
      Participant

surely we can have a lamington drive or something!:D
      but seriously, i reckon most of us can spare a few bucks to help fund the site. perhaps a subscriber pack, couple of stickers, one of dave f’s backgrounds, a bcg(!), that sort of thing. i’m more than willing to offer help or ideas and i know most of us are. so whadda ya think?:8ball:

barto_85
      Participant

I think its running faster today, just came on and it loaded in a few seconds.

brendan
      Participant

yeah, last night it was really slow, took like 15 mins to load a page.

crazydave
      Participant

I haven’t even been able to get the site up for over 24 hours. I was wondering what was up.

Glad to see your back.

brendan
      Participant

yeah i would contribute to ausmicro.

peedee
      Participant

i would contribute but some to ausmicro

micro_Amps
      Participant

Everything seems to be running well again his morning. Back to full speed, and hopefully to stay
      :)uA

peteWah
      Participant

you can count on me to contribute on ausmicro…
      as little or as much as i can, it all depends on what planet im on at the time? cheers to all on aus
      :pcd79

:D:D:D

Edited by – pcd79 on 09 December 2003 13:27:39

Keymaster

Yeah sorry guys…

Our host – which has been good to us over the 20 months we’ve been on air has been having some teething problems again.

A lot of you will remember some significant downtimes a while back – we they were caused when we moved from a European based Datacentre to a US based one… It would appear this US Based datacentre is not capable of living up to the customer expectation!

Anyway the long and the short of it is… we’re paid up through until April next year…. At that point I’ll see if it’s worthwhile trying to stump up the cash for moving the site – but it’s a lot of cash 🙁

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

trash
      Participant

What sort of amount of cash are we talking about and roughly what is the space required to run ausmicro ? [If you don’t mind me asking].

Keymaster

Trash – The site itself is about 200mb for the ‘core’ of the site… the Member galleries are not counted in that.

The problem is the amount of data we haul…We do anywhere between 2 and 6Gb of traffic a month these days which means big $$

Essentially at the moment I pay for unlimited traffic, unlimited space and would like to keep it that way to allow for expansion of the galleries (when I write some better gallery code)…

The site itself has traffic surges as Micro R/C fans come and go which makes forward planning a nightmare 😉

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.