Wheel offset specs

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      N-Hawk
      Participant

It s just slightly frustrating to shop for replacement wheels when most offerings don t specify the wheels offsets. The stock specs displayed with the Tagu offerings has helped to a point, but it can be just as difficult to find offerings of stock Kyosho replacements. For now, I m trying to find a stock front/rear set of MR-01 Ferrari F40 wheels for their 2.5/2.0 offsets (would rather not have to buy an autoscale just for the wheels).

Does anyone know of a source(s) that might offer front/rear matched sets with various offset options other than Tagu? Or listings that give offset specs for their offered sets? Already wasted money on one set only to find that the offsets were inappropriate.

Thanks,
      N-Hawk

N-Hawk
      Participant

Just because I wanted to know, I’ve put together a first draft of a Mini-Z wheel offset cross-reference chart for wheel useage. If any would like to review it, they can d/l it from HERE as a zipped MS Excel spreadsheet.

It’s still missing a few numbers and some cars, but it’s a starting point. As people offer up the missing info, I’ll update it. It hopefully shows what stock wheels will match other cars’ wheels. Feel free to offer up any missing info please.

Thanks,
      N-Hawk

Edited by – N-Hawk on 11 August 2004 10:41:42

N-Hawk
      Participant

Just because I wanted to know, I’ve put together a first draft of a Mini-Z wheel offset cross-reference chart for wheel useage. If any would like to review it, they can d/l it from HERE as a zipped MS Excel spreadsheet.

It’s still missing a few numbers and some cars, but it’s a starting point. As people offer up the missing info, I’ll update it. It hopefully shows what stock wheels will match other cars’ wheels. Feel free to offer up any missing info please.

Thanks,
      N-Hawk

Edited by – N-Hawk on 11 August 2004 10:41:42

dgs73
      Participant

I found this whole offset thing kind of annoying at first, but then I figured it out. Getting an MR-02 did not help, as their wheels are different again. Good that you figured a reference chart, last thing people want to do is get the wrong size wheels in plastic, or worse, alloy… most narrow body are 8.5mm wheel no offset, race spec (wide) have 8.5mm front (2mm offset) and 11.5mm
      rear (no offset). Others like the race spec GTR and its seems your Ferrari has about 3.5mm offset front and approx. 1.5mm offset at rear. WRX and the like have custom offset, I think about 1.5mm all round on narrow wheels. I can send you a complete spec list if you want…:smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant

I found this whole offset thing kind of annoying at first, but then I figured it out. Getting an MR-02 did not help, as their wheels are different again. Good that you figured a reference chart, last thing people want to do is get the wrong size wheels in plastic, or worse, alloy… most narrow body are 8.5mm wheel no offset, race spec (wide) have 8.5mm front (2mm offset) and 11.5mm
      rear (no offset). Others like the race spec GTR and its seems your Ferrari has about 3.5mm offset front and approx. 1.5mm offset at rear. WRX and the like have custom offset, I think about 1.5mm all round on narrow wheels. I can send you a complete spec list if you want…:smiley2:

N-Hawk
      Participant

Offset cross-reference chart updated, cleaned up, and reorganized. Still in need of missing data from any of you who have the models that are incomplete. Please!

Thanks,
      N-Hawk

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.