Where do i buy NI-CD batteries?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Dudes i live in Australia and i am considering buying a bit char g car soon just wondering if anyone knows a shop in Australia, (sydney preffered) which sells cheap Bit Charges.

And L337_krew maybe we can do a group buy from http://www.questformadness.com/and order all of things that people want at once for Australians. The prices are in American (correct me if im wrong) which means a battery would cost around 6$ which isnt that much. The shipping price can be divided equally between the amount of people that order.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Mr_X on 18October2002

Dudes i live in Australia and i am considering buying a bit char g car soon just wondering if anyone knows a shop in Australia, (sydney preffered) which sells cheap Bit Charges.

Kmart for $44 – that the cheapest ive seen

z-beam
      Participant

ATTENTION: There is a car available in australia that has abuilt in dual NiMH cell in series. lost the box though! if u see them they only (ONLY!) have wrx’s and the lowly pt cruiser bodies. it takes a 2 minute charge from 4 aaa’s. controler has telescopic antenna and works on my 40mhz skyline albeit backwards. the car however “iz a big teaze”because it goes so fast and so faryet it handles like crap. tried changing the hard ridged tyres with all kinds of combos(K.I.T racers ,bits and afxFATS) with no avail. looks like the manufacturer spent all their time and money on quality parts rather than design and research.paid40$aus

Admin
      Participant

where is it z-beam and how much?

i want to get one of those?

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Mr_X on 18October2002

And L337_krew maybe we can do a group buy from http://www.questformadness.com/and order all of things that people want at once for Australians. The prices are in American (correct me if im wrong) which means a battery would cost around 6$ which isnt that much. The shipping price can be divided equally between the amount of people that order.

u can get some at modellers world at margiold plaza in ct in sydney in china town

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by z-beam on 18October2002

ATTENTION: There is a car available in australia that has abuilt in dual NiMH cell in series. lost the box though! if u see them they only (ONLY!) have wrx’s and the lowly pt cruiser bodies. it takes a 2 minute charge from 4 aaa’s. controler has telescopic antenna and works on my 40mhz skyline albeit backwards. the car however “iz a big teaze”because it goes so fast and so faryet it handles like crap. tried changing the hard ridged tyres with all kinds of combos(K.I.T racers ,bits and afxFATS) with no avail. looks like the manufacturer spent all their time and money on quality parts rather than design and research.paid40$aus

where r these ppl? i want one of these cars…but how much first?

z-beam
      Participant

dick smith had them in their catalog, i bought it at a toy kingdom for $49.

just finished splitting the battery so both my bits are NiMH powered. you know how the last 15-30 seconds of charge slowly fades on ni-cad? the NiMH goes strong on a double charge for at least 8 mins and then stops. emtying the risidual power takes a quarter of the time of ni-cad.

also the wrx had a switch to turn it of on the car NOT the controller. hope i could help!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.