where do you want ausmicro to go?

Home Forums General Chat where do you want ausmicro to go?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

if you were in charge of the ausmicro legend, what would you hope it to be?

all comments welcome!! :8ball:

blurrc
      Participant

I would probaly try and get it advertised a bit more, although that does run the risk of a large increase in members that know hardly anything 🙁 also it would be cool to open a store or something like that.

I got a question (please don’t think i am a idiot) but are any of the members here work at or own gigspeed?

betty.k
      Participant

i think “modelcarmonster” owns gigspeed :8ball:

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Maybe a wiki of mini and micro RC mods? Ausmicro was always the go-to place for tuts and hard science mods…

z-beam
      Participant

quest for madness was the best source in the original days of bcg for mods and information. its layout and composition as a resource page is what id be looking for as a standard.

if i had the time, and was in control of the ausmicro legacy id compile all relevant discoveries and tutorials and compile them in a similar style that isnt threatened by spammers and hackers. e.g. separate to the forums.

jimmy
      Participant

what happened to arron???
      where did he go and what happened to the store???
      been out of the mini-z pipeline lately!!!

z-beam
      Participant

mini-z is dead as far as i know. the d-nano platform is beyond current 1:1 scale technology, gyro stabalization in a road vehichle is pretty amazing.

betty.k
      Participant

mini z is dead??? wash your mouth out you dirty little boy!!:gatlin:

don’t get any funny ideas, aaron is still the king around here and always will be. it’s just that some of us are thinking about elevating the ausmicro legacy and we rely on member feedback. you are the people that made this site, your input is valuable.

let me reiterate, i’m just asking this question as a matter of curiosity, don’t go thinking there are big changes ahead!

re: the shop. aaron offered this service to people as a courtesy, he had some great contacts in the rc world and wanted to share the booty with some aus people. he never thought of this as a money making venture. as it stands, the shop is currently closed. :8ball:

Renton
      Participant

I think that there needs to be the big changes that you say not to fear.

Just gotta make it worth the while of people coming to the site. Different layout so things are easier to get to and updates and feedback on new products etc is handy.

The shop was a major drawcard and still could be if it was manned and stocked with up to date parts. Im sure I speak for everyone when I say its a royal pain in the backside to have to order stuff in from overseas.

I mean ultimately more traffic and awareness of the site is what is wanted so something has to change. I dont keep going back to the places for a feed if they never change there menu.

jimmy
      Participant

i like betty k have been learning to fly helis!!!!
      no time for mini-z 🙁
      BUT i still drive the beast from time to time

z-beam
      Participant

@z-beam 230289 wrote:

mini-z is dead as far as i know. the d-nano platform is beyond current 1:1 scale technology, gyro stabalization in a road vehichle is pretty amazing.

i meant as far as kyosho continuing supporting it, well my beloved mr-01 chassis anyway 🙁

ive been loving my micro helis lately, and still muck around with the q-steer collection. heading to singapore next week and cant wait to do some decent shopping.

thinking about picking up one of these:

http://www.goflykite.com/home.html

betty.k
      Participant

yaknow, i still feel guilty about slicing your mr01 in half that time you came down here!:gatlin:

i’ll see what i got left in the shape of mr01 parts and get back to you :8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

yo, z-beam. I have stacks of mr02 stuff that you could use to get a chassis going in that class if you’re interested mate.

cheers,

ph2t.

PandaBear
      Participant

@z-beam 230301 wrote:

ive been loving my micro helis lately, and still muck around with the q-steer collection. heading to singapore next week and cant wait to do some decent shopping.

thinking about picking up one of these:

http://www.goflykite.com/home.html

was in SG & MY back then too… didn’t see any GFK

big promo on the “spiderman” car though – got a suction fan and it can climb up walls, as seen on Top Gear

blurrc
      Participant

yer I really like the look of those little cars, I think they are made by Air Hogs… I can just imagine all the pranks and such you could pull with them haha.

z-beam
      Participant

the wall crawler cars i have seen in australia. nice gimmick on them, i heard a formula 1 team once built a car with a turbo fan in the center of it and smashed nurburgring times due to the downforce.
      it got banned soon after, fust like the dual front steering car.

thanks for the offers trent and matt! untill i can prove i have the time for any z’s ill pass for now. i still have a box of xmod parts and an untouched plasma dash from when i bought the camaro from you matt.

dont feel bad betty! that prang was epic, your alloyed up xmod had so much mass to it and was tuned very nicely for that massive track. it brushed my plastic car aside with authority, talk about american muscle!

betty.k
      Participant

i nicknamed it “the pitbull”! :8ball:

blurrc
      Participant

@z-beam 230400 wrote:

the wall crawler cars i have seen in australia. nice gimmick on them, i heard a formula 1 team once built a car with a turbo fan in the center of it and smashed nurburgring times due to the downforce.
      it got banned soon after, fust like the dual front steering car.

Yes I think I have seen a vid of that turbo fan car or something similar to it.

z-beam
      Participant

@blurrc 230407 wrote:

Yes I think I have seen a vid of that turbo fan car or something similar to it.

someone should mod a flat bottomed z with a fan in the center to suck it to the floor.

but that gyroscope system available to dnano would probably outperform it… wouldnt look as cool though!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.