where to buy mini rc tanks in melb

Home Forums General Chat where to buy mini rc tanks in melb

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

does anyone know where to buy mini rc tanks in melbourne? i went on a little wander in the city today and visited the popular spots (hearns hobbys, vic hobby center and that one in lonsdale st) but no joy. i’ve seen them on the net, so i know they’re around. i was hoping to buy them in person, but if someone knows of a good online shop let me know. thanks:8ball: http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=betty.k

leonli17
      Participant

betty.K: Where abouts are Hearns Hobbys and Vic Hobby Center?

And http://www.tradingdirect.com.au is good Website for u to buy Mini RC tanks.

betty.k
      Participant

hearns hobbies is on flinders street opposite elizabeth st and vic hobbies is on swanston st near the corner of flinders st. had a look at that link. i’m not after laser tag battle vehicles, just a tiny rc track driven tank:8ball: http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=betty.k

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Well if you want one I have an extra one I am wiling to part with. I am in Canada but if you want PM me for a pic as its different then the one in my for sale thread.

leonli17
      Participant

so u looking for a Track driven tank. then i have no idea. because the Laser Tag Battle vehicles is on sale in Jaycar.

betty.k
      Participant

got me a 1/72 scale dragon micro x tech tank today from hobby place.lotsa fun, but a bit slow. anyone got any info or links about tanks and mods? popped into jaycar, those little battle trucks are funny, and their micro rc cars are damn tiny!:8ball:
      http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=betty.k

leonli17
      Participant

Yeah. The Jaycar Micro RC cars are more look to scale. I was looking for the Dual Speed ones except they were sold out.
      Betty.K: did u see any of the 2 speeds in stock?
      And how much did u pay for the tank?

betty.k
      Participant

didn’t look too close at the car range, just the car itself. better give them a call. i paid $120 for the tank, bit pricey, but i just had to have one!!:8ball:

leonli17
      Participant

$120 is not bad. THey sell around $100-110 on the net. then plus postage it’ll cost about the same.

TallduDe
      Participant

cool.

how is the tank was thinking of getting one myself.

like hows the performance? does it run long on a single charge can it run/climb over stuff easy?

betty.k
      Participant

a single charge takes 15 minutes and you get about 5-10 mins run time. it climbs over stuff pretty well but it’s very slow. if you drive it in the garden the internals get alot of dirt in them. range is about 5m. very realistic looking detail. they’re lotsa fun just damn slow! i was thinking of dropping a couple of 2.4v batts in (comes with 3 x 1/2 aaa nimh. 200ah, 3.6v) but i’m thinking i should just get another bigger better faster tank. i’m not interested in realistic detail, just an rc toy that crawls around the garden!:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 05 November 2003 11:18:45

TallduDe
      Participant

why dont you get a micro 4wd car?

or would you rather crawl around the garden then drive?

betty.k
      Participant

only after a hard party!! i think caterpillar tracks are great a climbing obstacles. i’ve been shopping today, and got some tamiya kits. got a twin motor gearbox set, track and wheel set, and universal gearbox set (chassis). it’s all come together nicely, just need a tx. any advice would be apreciated:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 06 November 2003 08:42:28

Edited by – betty.k on 10 December 2003 01:27:46

micro_Amps
      Participant
      Quote:
      I was looking for the Dual Speed ones except they were sold out. Betty.K: did u see any of the 2 speeds in stock?

LeonLi17, I was in Jaycar the other day and the 2 speed mini micro rc cars are back in stock. I didnt ask anything else, I just got them to confirm that they have them in again.
      I know you were interested previously.
      :)uA

leonli17
      Participant

Cool, the time i’ve been waiting for except now i don’t have time, busy with exams:dead:

trash
      Participant

I still have a micro BCG clone tank new in its bubble if your still looking for one.

ph2t
      Participant

Trash,take a photo of it man if you could. I’m interested.

ph2t.

trash
      Participant

It’s so strange. I thought I had a pic of it in my members gallery or the webshots page. The camera tank is the same type.
      I’ll take a pic of it now and upload it to my memebers pics #5.
      My camera doesn’t respond to well to room light
      so you may have to squint a bit.
      I’ll try and find some of my older photos of them I have and put them on my webshots.

ph2t
      Participant

thanks man

ph2t
      Participant

Just saw the photo, cool. How big is it? Does the turret rotate? how much?

:approve:

ph2t.

trash
      Participant

the turret doesn’t rotate, but you can turn them by hand, they have about a 45deg turn each way.
      They are just over 5cm long. the digi-Q on my avtar is a touch smaller again. They move faster than the digi-Q but you don’t get as much life out of them as a BCG car. About 3 minutes run time flat stick. Like real life tanks, they aren’t very fuel effecient. 🙂

I’m asking $20. If anybody else wants one and they are in sydney, you can get them at parklea markets for $30. I wouldn’t be supprised if paddy’s have them too.

I don’t know of an equivalent in melbourne, victoria markets is about as exciting as it gets. 🙂

trash
      Participant

There is a pic of one in my RC water on the webshots page. I’m just going to add another.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.