Where to get Local RC18 Parts?

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Where to get Local RC18 Parts?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      FALCON-LORD
      Participant

Does any one know of any where in Melbourne that stocks basic replacment parts for the 18T. When I say basic I am talking about spring retainers. Popped one and it is history.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      ph2t
      Participant

lol, good luck mate! One you know tell me!

If you’re talking about the springs that go in the outdrives and help hold the dogbones in place you can use mini-z front suspension springs, they work a treat…..

Give me a call on the mobile if you need any.

cheers,

ph2t.

FALCON-LORD
      Participant

HAHAH I thought as much…
      And bloody RCMart doesn’t stock em :angry:
      Nahh what I am talking about is the little retainers at the bottom of the shocks.
      Popped a front one on trial run number one, but that one turned up. Popped an other one a few days back, but that one has gone bye byes….
      Tower stockes the damned things, but there is nothing else I want from tower, so not about to ship an order just for that.

betty.k
      Participant

rcmart have just stocked up, although a full set of oil shocks is us$50+!! BEFORE shipping!:dead::8ball:

kevsta
      Participant

I hope they come out with a part which shields the spur gear and pinion gears from getting bloody rocks into it…

Otherwise, an excellent little truck.

As for $50USD for some alloy oil shocks, man.. they’re more expensive than my 1/10 trf shocks.

FALCON-LORD
      Participant

Ahhh Man… you got my hopes up… Can’t see any Spring retainers in the 18T stuff

ph2t
      Participant

Try stormer hobbies, they’re loaded with rc18t parts.

Are you looking for one of these?

ASC21181 Associated RC18T Front SHOCK BODIES (2) 2.50 In Stock
      ASC21182 Associated RC18T SHOCK CAPS (2) 3.50 In Stock
      ASC21183 Associated RC18T Rear SHOCK KIT (2) 8.95 In Stock
      ASC21184 Associated RC18T Front SHOCK KIT (2) 8.95 In Stock
      ASC21189 Associated RC18T Short BALL CUPS for shocks (12) 2.95 In Stock
      ASC21190 Associated RC18T SHOCK REBUILD KIT for 4 shocks 8.95 In Stock
      ASC21191 Associated RC18T SHOCK ACCESSORIES 3.95 In Stock

See here:

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/searchpn.pl?pn=&dterm=rc18t&dterm2=&dterm3=&dterm4=&mterm=&instock=&withpic=&oterm=&useoz=&advanced=&sthumb=on&catified=&weighed=&parents=&uterm=&smode=0&stype=&man=&page=3

Seem to be cheaper than tower too.

cheers,

ph2t.

FALCON-LORD
      Participant

Yeah I noticed that stormer was stocked, but again the only things they have that I want are the Retainers (Rebuild kit and Accessories kit both have em)
      If you price check between Tower and Stormer, sometimes one is better other times the other, though if you are purchasing enough to fit just inside one of towers discount bands, they usually work out better.

FALCON-LORD
      Participant

Well I sorta Side Stepped teh problem…
      I know I didn’t want to alloy this thing up, but I bit the bullet and bought a set of Hot racing Alloy shocks.
      Lets see how the Spring retainers on these hold in place… (Can’t be any worse than the stock ones)
      Also they look to have a longer spring, because the stock springs I find are just way to short, so you have to screw the adjuster right down just to put some preasure on the spring at all.

ph2t
      Participant

Don’t those shocks come with an adjustable nut on a thread instead of spacers?

If you’re gonna get an alloy part, get an alloy front bumper man, saved my butt many times….

ph2t.

FALCON-LORD
      Participant

So that would be an alloy bumper like the
      TOPCAD (#15214B) Alum. Front Bumper (BU) For RC-18T/18MT
      http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_621_628&products_id=11465

That is on the order as well 😀
      I just can’t resist Blue Alloy

ph2t
      Participant

yeah, that appears to be one of the better alloy bumpers at the moment, I’ve read favourable reviews of it.

It seems to cover the bottom shock mounts better, being that it’s coverage is quite wide with the two bars.

topcad_rc-009_bu.jpg

I bought the GPM, it’s been trashed pretty well, lol, but it still holds up. Have to reshape it at times with the pliers, lol…

ph2t.

FALCON-LORD
      Participant

Well got my parts…

The GPM Alloy Gear Meshes really smoothly, so I have dropped the bottom gear cover off, and hopefully will stop getting crap causght in there.

The Bumber is … Well it is a bumper, I won’t know how good it is till I hit something (Though it looks cool)

The shocks I am still undecided on. The write up I put on one18th reads as follows… (Would have put it here first but the site was being freshend upbig.gif)

I am prety disapointed.

The spring on them is nice, and the construction is reletivly good.

The front shocks top mount is a nice design.

So why don’t I like em? well the rear shock has a static mount with no ball (Though they have a ball fro the front so can supply one)

The botom mounts use a smaller ball than the stock, which is fiddly and anoying.

The way the shocks are fited causes them to make it harder to fit the shell, and they rub on the shell at the front because of there fit.

And Lastly they came without Oil that is just one of those details that should be there.

Good Manufacture, but just a little missing in the detail… Now I’ll have to see how they perform.

ph2t
      Participant

So how s your 18t going mate?

Whatever you do don”t buy the TOPCAD 300 pro motor from rcmart. It”s a total piece of crap.

5 minutes in the back yard running a 15t pinion and a gp1100 pack fried the bastard……

See attached pic….

grrrrrrrrrrr…

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 09 May 2005 22:14:58

ph2t
      Participant

forgot to post the pic, lol…

ph2t
      Participant

can t seem to post a pic, the arse end of the thread goes to shit….. hmmm….

ph2t.

FALCON-LORD
      Participant

Runing a Speed 300 as you sugested, and Thoroughly impressed with it.

When the little thing gets off the ground you can hear the engine spin up to insane speeds.

It has inspired me to get some 7 cell packs put together for my Maxx, because having my 1:18th outrun my 1:10th is not the way the world shjould be.

When are people next down at Templestow, I ll have to get down there and see how it goes with some compitition cool.gif

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.