where to get shims??

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ph2t
      Participant

Aaron, do you have these in the shop?

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=62_37&products_id=94

I’m keen to get some shims for myma-010, those bloody ATOMIC CVD’s have introduced a fair bit of slop now given their dimensions are not a 1:1 of the original kyosho ones….

ph2t.

Keymaster

Yeah- I happent o have a pack of shims here 🙂

Not listed becuase I intended to use them for testing something here but they’re yours 🙂

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

ooo are they like the spacers for ground clearance in thinner widths than the 1mm thick ones that come with the ready set?

i allready switched the ones in the front so they are on the bottom of the knuckle to lower it a bit… but 2 of them dont give it enought travel for the springs to fit properly…

ph2t
      Participant

lol, the ones in the RTR I lost the moment I opened the bloody thing!

I swear atomic just shits me now. These CVD”s are strong but their OD on the shaft is a beesdick smaller than the ID of the bearings they sit in. this introduces wobble.

Also, the dogbone part of the CVD can be 1-1.5mm longer. Othewise they also introduce in/out play, which is why I need those damn shims….

And to top it off, the thread that the bloody wheel nuts are meant to screw onto is thinner than standard. Therefore even a NEW STOCK kyosho plastic wheel nut won”t fit.

ATOMIC definately pulled out the big guns in stuffing these CVD”s up.

I just bought another set TOPCAD ones, since no other brand is out yet. 3Racing have some on their site, but not ready yet.

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 10 January 2006 22:56:14

Keymaster

Just to note, we will be stocking TopCad CVDs shortly, I am told they are perfect, but will believe it when I get a test set into the car…So far though TopCad has not let us down…

BTW iWaver are doing a bunch of Alloy for the MA010 as well, probably the best option for the colour purists as everything will be available in their 4 colour range.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.