Whic Iwaver did I bought?

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      jollyboss
      Participant

Hello!
      I need some help.
      see this pic:

It’s an iwaver 02(this is waht is written on the box) but the chassis has the same mechaincs of the 02M,but the radio is in AM…
      Can anyone explain me this?

color0
      Participant

Because it’s a standard IW02? The 02M’s are FM, not out till later… its chassis is also a little bit different (holes for extra plugs).

kevsta
      Participant

That looks like an 02M to me. The iwaver 02 and firelaps 2 look like a Kyosho MR02 chassis.

leonli17
      Participant

That’s a 02M chassis for sure. The front servo is a standard servo. Maybe the PCb’s been changed? did u buy it 2nd hand?

color0
      Participant

The late-gen IW02’s (notice the lack of an M) do look like that.

Here’s Iwaver’s promotional material on it; this came far before the 02M was even mentioned.

http://video1.hobbico.com/gallery/iwv/iwvd01-deluxe.mpg

klims
      Participant

where did you get it from? its not one of the ones for sale on ebay is it?

jollyboss
      Participant

I bought a couple of them on french ebay,they were on sale!

The good it’s that,owing a nanodragon TX,it’s better to have the model in AM,because in this way I can use all that radio’s function even on small models!

rcs2die4
      Participant

Yeah a mate of mine got one of these a while back !!!

It is an 02M chassis !! but it was the first release they put out and
      it was only for a very short time then they started the 02M with the FM
      tx and rx !! which we still haven’t seen available yet !!! and you have to watch out for the front end on the old 02M’s cause there very weak and the screw holes flog out real easy !! My mates one is just a shelf queen till
      the alloy parts are widely available to try and strengthen it up !!!

They did how ever handle well and have an awesome turning circle !!!!!

hakhawk
      Participant

most alloy parts are available now, check tower hobbies,jsut search 02m

and theres a mob with some 02m’son aussie ebay now. im getting one next week if i can spare the coin.

jollyboss
      Participant

I’ve ordered the servo alloy parts(holder and saver)and an alloy tierod,because the plstic one is very “bendable” lol

I’ve noticed that runnin on my pavement it’s very difficult to control,maybe I’ll get one ball diff,but surely a lot of interferences in driving is due to my tiles…

hakhawk
      Participant

just ordered my iw02m, should get it friday or monday hopefully. cant wait to get it and sus it all out. time to get me some more rechargeable batteries

jollyboss
      Participant

where did nyou order it?

hakhawk
      Participant
      rcs2die4
      Participant

@jollyboss 225864 wrote:

I’ve ordered the servo alloy parts(holder and saver)and an alloy tierod,because the plstic one is very “bendable” lol

I’ve noticed that runnin on my pavement it’s very difficult to control,maybe I’ll get one ball diff,but surely a lot of interferences in driving is due to my tiles…

Yeah, I saw that but TH’s only allows you to pay via credit card !!! and as I dont have one I cant pay them !!! They really should have PayPal !! it makes things so much easier !!

jollyboss
      Participant

Damn….they’ve come out…now my iwaver drop their prices….:D

Hey don’t forget to post a detailed review,especially about the radio system…

hakhawk
      Participant

dont worry, i definately will, first mod will probably be a spider and li-po’s(if mine still work, might just go a spider!! if i can wire it up)

jollyboss
      Participant

wow…which motor?I’d say plasmatomic AT LEAST…. lol

I’m a lot interested in the new FM system,because when was running the Toyeast forum they spoken about lots of troubles,that have caused almost a year delay n production…

hakhawk
      Participant

ive got the bits there for a plasmatomic, but will probably wind my own for a bit of fun.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.