Which is better?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      blurrc
      Participant

Which is better? a Xmods Evo or a Xmods 1st Gen
      I am thinking of buying one seeing i dont have the money for a mini-z:angry:
      Also what do you need to convert them so they can drift? i am guessing all you need is tires and a awd kit. And what sort of simple upgrades are best for a stock car
      Thanks for your help guys.:smiley14:

betty.k
      Participant

i’d go for an xmod evo.

you’re correct about what to buy to drift. and the best simple upgrade for any rc is bearings. :8ball:

blurrc
      Participant

what type of bearing are best for drift xmods and what are best for race setup?
      also could you tell me were is the best/cheapest place to buy xmods is?
      and what is the difference between 1st gen and evo?

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

betty means replacing the stock plastic bushings with proper ball bearings, much less friction = faster and longer run time.

Look online for bearing kits for whatever car you get, pretty cheap these days 🙂

blurrc
      Participant

Yer I know but when I looked up Xmod bearings there were different types e.g.
      open bearing, ceramic bearing and shielded bearing. Which would be best?
      Also can someone tell me what the cheapest place to buy Xmods Evo starter kits and parts is?

betty.k
      Participant

i’d go for the sheilded bearings. ceramics are overkill and open ones will wear out quicker.

if i was looking for xmods i’d start on ebay or if you have a friend in the u.s. get them to go shopping for you :8ball:

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.