which RC car is for me?

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion which RC car is for me?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

hey guys,
      ive been lookin around at bigger RC cars, maybe 1/18th or so, i dont know what is best for me, heres my list
      *not way to fast but not snail pace, drivable speed
      *possible off road(?)
      *for my driveway-maybe 10-15m X 3m plus 20m stretch-reasonably bumpy
      *somehting i wont have to get parts for evry 2 weeks
      *somethign easy to drive
      *fun, good bodies
      *durable
      *low price (under maybe…300-400?)

well thats it guys, neone know?
      cya

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Duratrax evader BX/ST i say, they come with lots of hopups as standard, and have a photon 20T motor (fairly powerful).

They cost $230 AUD from tower hobbies with EVERYTHING you need, including ESC.

They are covered by a 1 year stress tech warranty for suspension components etc.

Basically if you want a machine that will go *anywhere* you need something like a buggy or a stadium truck

merc-blue
      Participant

i would go the ST.. much more rough and tough looking and abit stronger also the wider wheels make it better 2 drive

lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

i was sorta thinkin something a bit more roady, like maybe a micro RS4, i just wnt somethig thats fast, but reemmber i only got like 30 square metres (read post above) so i want somehitng that i can actualy drive in that space, like a road car, and anyway, im gona b using it more on road than off, i just was wonderin if there was ne cars that if i wanted to i could take it off road…i duno what to get tho, maybe a tamiya? i duno
      well cya guys
      rob

lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

ok what about tamiya cars, like the TL01 or TB01…r they worth it, bare in mind ive never seriously raced RC, my last one i got at a garage sale, n old tamiya corolla, it was slow as a snail…like it would take almost 1 sencond to drive 3 metres…whats good?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

um any road car is a hopeless offroader dude.

Buggies and stadium trucks still drive fine on the roads. But dont handle tourers.

Also, buggies and trucks do some great tricks, like big jumps and wheelies!!

lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

hm well ive actually decided i wana TL01 or TB01 coz i got concrete and i dont have newhere else really cept the road and the driveway, so im gona go for a cheap tamiya, my friend got a tamiya, they look alright

peteWah
      Participant

Did you see the TBO2 for sale in the forum somwhere:smiley2:

peteWah
      Participant
      jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      hm well ive actually decided i wana TL01 or TB01 coz i got concrete and i dont have newhere else really cept the road and the driveway, so im gona go for a cheap tamiya, my friend got a tamiya, they look alright

Don’t sweat it, you can pick up some good offroad bashers at a later date for a low cost. That way there is NO compromise…

lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

actually my mind has swinged again, i wana buy leonli’s RS4, i got a nice cmooth road and drveway…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

do you mean micro RS4 or RS4?

lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

micro…rememver i got no $$$

virgin atlantic
      Participant

well… i have my kyosho alpha 1 listed in the non micro for sale section, have a look as it’s a great car which i think suits exactly your needs: a dual purpose car which can go both on and off road which is indestructable… i want to sell it for $200 as is so it’s well within your budget.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.