Which special edition set do you like?

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Impreza
      Participant

Ok, haven’t done this since the latest changes (way back when:(

Everyone either knows of or owns one (now or in the near future) of the two special edition sets that Tomy has put out in the superbitchar-g format. It is time to vote for your favorite one:)

Here is a link just in case you don’t know what I am talking about.
      http://www.tomy.co.jp/super_bitcharg/new.htm

Also what special edition set would you like Tomy to put out next?

Impreza
      Participant

BTW, Aaron, I really like what you have done with the options etc. in the poll set-up. Very Nice work:smiley16:.

barto_85
      Participant

I should have one of them ferrari sets within the week.

Impreza
      Participant

Barto, I will have to up some pics to my member section. It has been dead for a while now;) You will have to check it out within the next 24 hours:)

barto_85
      Participant

you got the ferrari set Impreza?

Impreza
      Participant

😀

DaveF
      Participant

My sets arrived today. I just have to pick them up from the post office…. perhaps after lunch.

I think the Enzo should have been in the Ferrari set, but they both look great.

Perhaps they could do:

[*]Porsche set (911 gt3, the old 911 and a 944 or something).
        [*]Old classics like old Chevys, Pontiacs, etc
        [*]Some more sports cars like McLaren, Maserati, Lotus, Jaguar, etc
        [*]VW set (Kombi, New Beetle, old herbie Beetle)
        [*]LeMans champions (with quality decals like the clone Supras on ToyEast, not the clear stickers they send with the AM set)
        [*]Cars from a movie (like ZZs have done with the F&F movies)
        [*]Holden set (HQ Monaro, FJ, New Monaro, HQ Sandman). =o) [/list]

micro_Amps
      Participant

I am yet to get either, but I like both of them.
      Godd to see Tomy doing non Japanese cars. Pity the Mini didnt work out.
      :)uA

Impreza
      Participant

There is always that old school mini at Toyeast:) I think Dave got one? Dave, I like the idea of the Porsche set too. I think it would be a nice fit with the Lambo and Ferrari sets. I do think that Tomy will come out with more VW’s now that they have the beetle out?

The Toyeast Supras are VERY nice IMO. I am suprised you don’t have one (or all) already:)

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

I think a ford set, GT40, 1960’s mustang and an old english-style Shelby cobra. Come to think of it, 3 blue on white striped cobras would be cool, the old english one, a ‘stang and an XC Falcon

I’d love to see a DeLorean/B2tF tuneup set.

DaveF
      Participant

The Mini’s are ok. One has a serious amount of slack in the front knuckles, so it’s turns like a pig and is hard to control. The lights on them are good, and the boost only when not turning is a nice feature for control. I think that BMW didn’t let Tomy do the Mini’s because they’d signed a contract with the people who did that Mini colletion. Oh, they’re limited release as well. Only a few hundred of each colour.

I want the Supra shells, but can’t justify the spending. And are they clear windows, or blacked out? I don’t like the blacked out ones. I out my money into the Italian car sets.

Impreza
      Participant

clear windows on the supras:) start saving up. Did you get both sets Dave?

DaveF
      Participant

Yup. I’ll go and collect them today at lunch. They were at the post office near home yesterday, soI had them bring them to the PO near work. I’ll keep you informed. =o)

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Nice stuff, will look good racing around yer track.

DaveF
      Participant

Yeah. I like the Supras. For my money it’s the best shaped body too. Until now.

The sets are great. A little more attention to finishing details could have been done I think (Lambo wheels have burred holes where they were drilled), but I’m really struggling to find anything wrong with them. I must say I’m disappointed they’re not boosters, but the bodies look great.

The Ferarri comes with an extra set of gold knuckles and rear rims.
      The Lambourg comes with a key tag type thing.
      Other than that it’s 3 bodies, the car, a controller, and a strap to attach to the controller so it’s no so easy to drop. Still have a screw in battery cover (why??). might give them a fly on the track after work today.

Impreza
      Participant

Dave how do you like your sbcg’s? How many Supra bodies do you have anyway. I think I have 7:) including the 4 from toyeast, the other 3 are all tomy.

TallduDe
      Participant

i wouldnt mind seeing a Ford GT40 shell or a cobra those cars rocked Le mans, but i would really like to see an Ferrari 250 GTO, but i guess there is no chance of seeing them coming from TOMY. 🙁

TOMY did release some ‘Hero’ cars maybe they will do more specials. you never know (fingers crossed)

bithed
      Participant

…Lotus Europa is coming DaveF…Early 2004…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.