Who else is using 2.4GHz in there Z’s??

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion Who else is using 2.4GHz in there Z’s??

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      rcs2die4
      Participant

Hey All,

I got my ASF 2.4GHz conversion kit for the AWD the other day and it’s awesome !!

The kit includes the new KT-18 TX, The new 2.4GHz PCB, 2 manuals (One for the TX and one for the install), a new PCB mount, a new
      top cover and also a little tool for pressing the pairing button on the PCB..

As you can see in the pix below the new PCB is a little shorter and it of cause has an I.C.S port… One of the good things with this
      setup is no more aerial hanging out of the body (LOVE IT)!!! it also has a little LED to show you that it’s powered up and that it is paired
      correctly with the TX.. No more crystals !! (SWEET AS)

The PCB also has a 2×2 stack as standard… :smiley16:

It is also of cause glitch free !! I run in a colourbond garage and they always seem to have a glitch spot or two, every one I’ve run in so far has !!
      But with the 2.4 setup it was completely glitch free !! (VERY HAPPY)

The TX may look a little weird to sum but it is sweet to use !! very lite and it fits the hand just right !!. It’s also very easy to setup !!.
      I personally really like the look of it and having the short aerial is great, No more accidental poking.. LOL…

It also has a quick release battery setup and uses only 4 AAA’s which is of cause part of the reason it’s so lite !!

All in all I’m very happy with it and have ordered a 2.4 PCB for my MR01..

If anyone whats any more info just ask and if anyone else already has a ASF 2.4 setup in an 01, 02 or AWD post up your thought’s !!

P1030087.jpg

P1030089.jpg

P1030090.jpg

P1030091.jpg

P1030093.jpg

Cheers…

CowboySiR03
      Participant

I’m getting my conversion board soon with a module that i’ll modify to fit my Futaba 3PK.:beer:

I’m looking forward to dialing in a new glitch free car on my Futaba but I’m a bit worried about the pause between brake and reverse….any thoughts on your car and how it behaves?

rcs2die4
      Participant

Yeah, I used my KO PROPO Mars 1 with a Mini Z module in it before I got the 2.4 setup.. It was cool having so many settings to tune
      and ABS brakes is the shit, but it of cause still had glitching issuses in the garage !!! In the open it was fine but !!

KO make a 2.4GHz module but no one could tell me if it would work in the Mars TX so I gave in and got the full conversion kit !!

And yeah the pause between Brake and Reverse is a bit of a pain, but once it’s setup right it’s not to bad !! it’s only .2 of a second
      pause but if the TX is not setup right it sometimes will not go into reverse !!..

The manual says that you have to use the F/R trim button and click it forward till the wheels start to move in the forward
      direction, Then click the reverse trim a few times till the wheels stop, Then a few more times till the beeping sound stops, Then
      click it a further 8 times !! this should set it up so that the reverse works but I found, instead of 8 times, 10 or 11 worked better !!

Also, with the brakes set to full strength they are insane !!! If you grab full brake it will completly lock all four wheels and
      send the car into a slide even if your braking in a straight line !!.. This is were the ABS feature would have been good on the KT-18 !!

ken_wyleung
      Participant

I am running 2.4GHz on my AWD and MR-02 with 2.4GHz module, they are very nice. After connected with ICS cable, they are much better.
      The software can be download from Kyosho web-site.

Enjoy…

rcs2die4
      Participant

where can i get the cable from ?

Renton
      Participant

whats the deal with fet upgrades etc on the 2.4’s ??

are the standard ones able to handle pretty much any motor?

grrr darn digital revolution will be the death of me, my wallet and my sleep

rcs2die4
      Participant

LOL..

Not sure if the standard FET’s will handle “any” motor but the new PCB’s can still be stacked so that it can handle “any” motor !!

With very little mods to an AWD you could do a 2×4 stack so 2 lots of 2 on top and the same on the bottom !! Which of cause would be the same as a 4×2 stack on the older PCB’s

The main difference I’ve noticed since removing the factory AWD PCB with a Redback installed on it and installing the 2.4 PCB is the run times !! they have now dropped quite noticeably !!! But installing a 2×4 stack should bring that back up….

I think other then that it’s awesome having the 2.4 !! no glitching at all, so total control !! but as KEN said it will get even better with the software and cable so that it can be tuned more !! as the steering on these 2.4 PCB’s is so fast and strong !!! you have to basically re-learn your whole driving style !!! It would be great to be able to turn that down a little !!!

ken_wyleung
      Participant

For the ICS cable, it can be order on KO-PROPO USA e-shop.
      http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=61018/166.0

And that is the way of stocking FET on my 2.4GHz. It was installed by Mini-Z Club Track in Hong Kong:smiley16:

Renton
      Participant

Thanks for that Ken

rcs2die4
      Participant

Ken, Why has that PCB only got the + side of the motor terminals stacked ?? is it only the forward FET’s that are stacked or something ??

ken_wyleung
      Participant

yes, it is only for “forward”, it is the track-keeper recommanded.
      So, I cannot run “backward” for long distance or long time with FET upgrade request motor.

Cheers..

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.