Who's got a NANODRAGON

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Who's got a NANODRAGON

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      rcs2die4
      Participant

Hey All,

Just trying to gather some info about the NanoDragon !!

Who’s got one, What are they like (good and bad) and what parts AREN’T interchangeable with the mini inferno (half8)

I just don’t know if I should get one of these or spend the EXTRA and get a Mini Inferno. :confused:

Any info is muchly appreciated….

• This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      merc-blue
      Participant

i think diff cases and maybe diffs, if the acme is anything to go by but you can fix that without much drama

Keymaster

The NanoDragons are a very very close match. I’ve not found any part that I haven’t been able to replace/upgrade with Kyosho Mini-Inferno parts. the minor exception being some Atomic buts and it was the Atomic parts that weren’t quite right.

The Nanos are a good buggy, great hack around and with bearings everywhere except the hubs they’re well featured at a great price.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

rcs2die4
      Participant

Thanks for the replies guys !!!

I will be going with the Nano as I will be upgrading most parts anyway !!!

And I know the nano/iwaver TX’s aren’t the sickest but they definitely look a damn sight better then half8 one does !!!

Aaron !! Will the ESC/Receiver box fit turned 90 degres as I would like to fit a fake nitro head to the heat sink like the Half8 has ??

Keymaster
      rcs2die4 wrote:
      Thanks for the replies guys !!!
      And I know the nano/iwaver TX’s aren’t the sickest but they definitely look a damn sight better then half8 one does !!!

Aaron !! Will the ESC/Receiver box fit turned 90 degres as I would like to fit a fake nitro head to the heat sink like the Half8 has ??

“New” generation Tx is much better than the originals, if only in the way it feels.

The ESC case base is molded inone piece with the battery cover, so it can’t spin 90 degrees, but the Kyosho parts would possibly do the trick… I haven’t worried about mine as I never liked the heatsink look. However I have got alloy front and rear suspensionincluding alloy bodied dampers, all new shafts and CVDs and complete bearings and 8-cell battery pack. Makes it quick, I never broke the stock plastics but wanted to check compatibility.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

rcs2die4
      Participant

Thanks for the info on ESC Aaron !!!! (Bumma) I think I will end up going brushless in the long run anyway so it’s cool !!

Can you please post a pic of ya NANO with the upgrades done ???

Keymaster

Sure will – probably Monday – I need to reassemble the front and rear ends around some more new parts that arrived yesterday.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

rcs2die4
      Participant

Any update on the pix Aaron ?

Keymaster

Still haven’t bolted in all the parts 🙁

Just a bit snowed under with other projects.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

rcs2die4
      Participant

I got a Nano Dragon three days ago !!! It looks like a sweet buggy !

The only hassle it had was two of the bearings in the diffs were notchy !! I replaced
      them and it now rolls as smooth as a babys butt !!!

I have not used it yet as I was bidding on a mini inferno on ebay and won it so I
      will be selling the Nano !!! ANY TAKERS !!! $150+delivery.. it cost me $170+delivery

Just PM me if your interested !!!

Keymaster

There are some good deals on the MiniInferno these days aren’t there. The iWaver TX is a good unit though.

My Nano is still in bits, but there’s a swag of new parts on the way into it from TopCad and GPM. It’s getting heavier but looking sharp.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

rcs2die4
      Participant

There is !!!

The iWaver TX looks great and seems like it would be an excellent TX but, I haven’t used it as I’m trying to sell the Nano as new !!! well it’s actually better then new cause I have fixed a few little bugs the chassis had !!!!

Can’t wait to see your buggy all hopped up !!

L8R

Keymaster

You and me both. GPM Ball-diffs, Gearboxes and so forth coming soon. Then I just gotta find time to re-assemble it.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

All the above GPM parts have arrived and we’re about to commence assmebly. It should be looking very mean, very silver and be running smooth with a couple of days.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

rcs2die4
      Participant

Excellent !!!

I’ve done some upgrading on mine too !!! (Half 8)

I purchased the Half 8 second hand (Ebay, only 3 months old…)
      completely stock bar motor..

The list now go’s…
      (3 Racing)
      Blue alloy front lower and upper arms
      Blue alloy rear arms
      Blue alloy front and rear shock towers (not to sure of the brand of the rear tower)
      Blue alloy front and rear hubs
      Blue alloy front and rear Ball diffs (The new generation ones)
      Blue alloy center Ball diff
      Blue alloy ball bearing steering swing/saver
      Titanium center drive cups for the front and rear diff inputs
      Hub bearing kit
      Yellow 5 spoke rims with tires

(GPM)
      Silver alloy front bumper
      Silver alloy front and rear body mounts

(TOPCAD)
      Silver alloy motor mount
      Silver alloy Wheel hexes
      Silver alloy King pins

(Yeah Racing)
      Silver Front and rear uni drive shafts
      Silver lite weight center drive shafts

(Sato)
      12, 13, 14, 15, 16t motor pinion gear set

Not bad since I’ve only had it about 4 weeks !!!:)

The electronic are all standard bar the motor, it had a Venom FireBall micro series in it when I got it… The motor is a little to small for the motor mount. it looks the same size as a Speed 300 but the mounting holes are closer together and as a SP300 wont fit, either will the FireBall !!! it only has one screw holding it in but as of yet it hasn’t moved at all !!

The next step is to go brushless !! I’ll be using a Quark 33A ProCar ESC but I’m not to sure yet what motor I’ll be using, but it will be one “or two” of the following !!! 😀 Mamba 2080 (8000kv), Dynamite C4 (9000kv), Himark 2015-8 6800KV, Himark 2015-10 5400kv or Hacker E30-13L (4200kv) :confused: :confused: :confused: Hmmmm….

Also Aaron, Let us know how good the GPM FRONT, CENTER and REAR Alloy diff casings are as I will be after a set of silver ASAP if they fit/work well ??? (we all know that GPM can have some QA issues sometimes !!! 😯

I’ll get some pix of mine up ASAP

Also Guys Dont forget I have a nano forsale !!!! read my signature below !!!

rcs2die4
      Participant

Just thought I’d put the pic’s of my Half 8 up

Sorry but there not the best quality !!! I still haven’t bothered to
      replace my good digi !! :gatlin:

rcs2die4
      Participant

And a few more

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.