why?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      the_bit
      Participant

why dont tomy make bit char-gs with already full sized wheel sets? it is just stupid. and i cant do the wheels mod every time i try to get the wheels off the knuckle the knuckle snaps.

betty.k
      Participant

every time?:shock: time for a new technique me thinks!
      first, dismantle the steering assembly so you just have the wheel and knuckle assembly. make, or find a hole in some wood, big enough for the axle to fit in, 2 – 3mm. place the wheel/knuckle over the hole, with the wheel side down. find a small screw driver, nail, pin, whatever. just so long as it’s no thicker than the axle. use this and a hammer to GENTLY tap the axle out of the knuckle. don’t try to do it in one go:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 29 January 2004 21:42:13

twizm
      Participant

i just use needle nose pliers to get the tip out, then lever it out with jewelers screw drivers.

z-beam
      Participant

hey betty, whered you learn that trick?

tap, tap ,tap. its the way to go. as for the block of wood, balsa is the easiest to work with and is quite forgiving on rims. keep a steering magnet handy for retreving the knucle pin.

also one of those kiddy hammers is the go. in fact keep an eye out for any type of minature tool. they do come in handy for this scale of work…..

now if only i could get my hands on a tiny mitre box……

betty.k
      Participant

can’t remember where i saw that, most likely in these forums!:smiley2: and a kiddy hammer is exactly what i use!:D:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

u seen this before guys? the older members would have, this is one of my first bits i ever modded

http://groups.msn.com/bitchargoz/othermods.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=45

brendan
      Participant

why do u want full size wheel mod any way it aint as good as performace!

twizm
      Participant

to add some more realism to the look of the cars.

most of the cars are fairly detailed already, the childish cartoon wheel sizes let it down =
      i find that the larger front wheels rub on the shell, so i had to file mine out a bit, and now the car looks uneven.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I think cars look good with a small size (front wheels) wheelset using the smaller kit racer gears. looks more scale.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.