“Winter Workshopping” Winners!

Home Forums General Chat “Winter Workshopping” Winners!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

It’s time for the BIG Annoucement!

The Winner of the “Winter Workshopping” is …. TallDude

Yes Folks the Bit Char-G track created by Talldude has taken out the Competition by Popular Vote!

As mentioned in the thread for the competition unthreading multiple votes from repeated entries took some time to deliver a fair result but the great news is that our winner is still our winner!

At ausmicro.com HQ we did to-and-fro a bit about the track being eligible for entry in a modding contest but we thought “What the heck” it’s for cars and a great demo of the track building art!

Congratulations Talldude!

Leonli made an impressive run up to draw second place with z-beams flaming monster truck!
      We’ll be in touch with TallDude to discuss delivery of his prize!

A bit Thank you to all our entrants and we look forward to our next Competition starting next Month!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

brendan
      Participant

congrats talldude, you done a sweet job on that track. And congrats to leon and z-beam.

TallduDe
      Participant

WOW!

okay i never won anything before! what can i say but THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! to everyone that voted for my track. it took a long time to make and this makes it even more better!

i would like to thank the following people who helped me make it!

– my brother in law for helping me get motivated (plus to race on it)
      – my brother for supplying the wood for free!
      – my dad for letting me use all his tools, take up his basement, dirty all his stuff and never for calling me crazy!
      – and my sister for contacting the barriers (she has high skills for gluing and such!)

thanks Ausmicro !!!!!!!!

ps all the sydney crew are invited to run on it!

betty.k
      Participant

well done!!:smiley2:

talldude, great stuff. makes me want one of my own!

leon, i didn’t recognise that car at all! total transformation.

zb, you know my policy regarding flamed bodies!:8ball:

leonli17
      Participant
      Quote:
      OMG!!!!!!!!! I never thought enter my car 2 days before the COmp ends still won somthin. THanks everyone and i’m glad everyone liked it.:D:D:D:smiley16::smiley16:

That’s what i said when i thought i did come 2nd. BUT when i checked the entries and look at the scores, apparently i only got 38. that makes Z-beam the only 2nd and Hachi-Roku third. There must be a mistake.

P.S: Arron, how about post up the final score?

Edited by – leonli17 on 04 October 2004 23:43:12

z-beam
      Participant

congratulations Talldude!.

2nd, i gotta be happy with that.:D
      and hachi i’d like to hear more about the custom body some time.

cheers betty, the beast wouldn’t have been possible withiut your monster insights!
      and i loved the limo. that must have been hard to get the two Bb’s to match so seamlessly and those rims set it off.

Keymaster

OK here’s what I did:

Take the three (duplicated entries) by Leonli (and any other duplicate entries) and add all the unique votes together to get a score for that car. If there were multiple votes cast by one person then I took their highest vote and discarded the lower one/s.

So in Leonlis case his entry was repeated three times, he collected votes on all three, I took the tally of the UNIQUE votes to arrive at his total.

I had to do this for a couple of others as well.

Overall Votes:
      Talldude – 109
      Leonli – 108
      z-Beam – 108

They’re the top three placings.

HACHI-RYOKU held out the numerically third place and the next grouping with tight competition from Betty.K and z-Beams other entries.

Noteable mentions go to Finks who really put in some great entries and JamieK for scooping up a good good load with a car that is no longer in ‘circulation’.

My Observations
      I logged the date/time votes came in and really many people voted in the last couple of days! Most people voted in a ‘burst’ near the end of the comp, while a few voted on each entry as it was posted.

I think the voting system is ‘fair’ but for the next Competition I will implement a way of correcting entries that have upload errors or other problems BEFORE they are published for voting.

And last of all – The prize!
      For all his trouble Talldude will receive a modest prizepack consisting of ausmicro.com Mini-Z performance parts, Power tyres Mini-Z foamies, a couple of S-BCG shells and decal sheets.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

OK here’s what I did:

Take the three (duplicated entries) by Leonli (and any other duplicate entries) and add all the unique votes together to get a score for that car. If there were multiple votes cast by one person then I took their highest vote and discarded the lower one/s.

So in Leonlis case his entry was repeated three times, he collected votes on all three, I took the tally of the UNIQUE votes to arrive at his total.

I had to do this for a couple of others as well.

Overall Votes:
      Talldude – 109
      Leonli – 108
      z-Beam – 108

They’re the top three placings.

HACHI-RYOKU held out the numerically third place and the next grouping with tight competition from Betty.K and z-Beams other entries.

Noteable mentions go to Finks who really put in some great entries and JamieK for scooping up a good good load with a car that is no longer in ‘circulation’.

My Observations
      I logged the date/time votes came in and really many people voted in the last couple of days! Most people voted in a ‘burst’ near the end of the comp, while a few voted on each entry as it was posted.

I think the voting system is ‘fair’ but for the next Competition I will implement a way of correcting entries that have upload errors or other problems BEFORE they are published for voting.

And last of all – The prize!
      For all his trouble Talldude will receive a modest prizepack consisting of ausmicro.com Mini-Z performance parts, Power tyres Mini-Z foamies, a couple of S-BCG shells and decal sheets.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

leonli17
      Participant

omg. double post from the admin himself! lol.

Anyway, i reckon next time we should have seperate end dates for entries and voting. The end date for voting should be 1-2weeks after the end date for the entries. That way, even the late entries will get a fair go.

z-beam
      Participant

or constantly produce nice looking cars in case a competition starts and you want to enter it as fast as possible:smiley2:.

afterall, this is your hobby as well! why wait to make/mod something new only when your notice a competition is starting!

Impreza
      Participant

Congrats all. Nice work

novin
      Participant

/drool, grats Talldude!!

novin

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.