Woohoo! 1/8th Monster Truck Goodness

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Woohoo! 1/8th Monster Truck Goodness

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

The other weekend while passing through Sydney doing some dodgy business Kitty bought me a new toy.

Yup Nitro has landed in our house, and I’m learning the tricks with a 1/8th scale HSP Tornado Monster truck.

It’s a .21c and basically a nice buggy chassis with big wheels and bounces nicely aroudn the place. Of course true to form I’ve had some teething problems but that’s to be expected 😉

Pics to come!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

for some info or help you might like to try http://www.Nitrobashers.com , they are based here in Perth.

Not sure if I’ve seen specific info for your truck (Truggy?), but general engine help etc is abundant, just ask.

If you have broadband, check out the vids on how to bust stuff..

Keymaster

Turns out it’s a Kyosho 777 in disguise, so there’s heaps of techie type stuff online. However parts are a little harder to come by. There is a great HSP reseller in Victoria though who has been helping out 😉

I need to change the main drive spur gear though, I stripped it last run a couple of months ago – by the time the parts came in we were full into moving so I haven’t had a chance to do anything with it yet…. At least I found the parts today 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

klims
      Participant

nice. I(my brother) have stripped 3 to date. I(my brother) always forgets to check if the engine has moved after a decent crash.

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

Threadlock is your best friend 😉

keep the clutch pinion/spur mesh close (but not tight!), with this amount of power the gears push away from each other (well, technically all meshing gears do that)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.