Would a ABC DTM pinion fit a Z….???

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ph2t
      Participant

Check it here:

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_321_569&products_id=6940

13T, 14T and 15T !!!!

I wonder if these would fit a 130 sized motor axle…..

ph2t.

TallduDe
      Participant

hmmmm 15T sounds like fun!

would lose take off speed but if you have power to spare i guess it wont be an issue.

why dont you buy some ph2t and find out.

dgs73
      Participant

they run a 180 motor outta the box, dont they? Should fit, my HPI pinions fit on my Z… as long as the motor shaft (and hence the hole in the pinion) is the same size as a Z’s, all should be well dude

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh if they go on a 180 then they will fit a 130 they have the same shaft thickness. if your worried im sure if you emailed them they would be able to tell you the hole size and you can easyly measue a 130 shaft thickness with calipers. only worry is that most pinions on that scale motor ar press fit not grub screw so may be hard to get on althou nylons are useuly alright

ph2t
      Participant

cool, thanks for the info man. But taking a second look at the pinions in the pic makes me think they might not be long enough.

abc_62635.jpg

ph2t.

merc-blue
      Participant

long enough? wat u mean? if u mean radius thats fixable if ur talking thickness they should be fine they dont have to mesh the full spur gear 8-% or so is enough specialy on a mini scale not that much weight being moved about so dont need max contact

ph2t
      Participant

the cylinders don’t appear long enough to be able to mesh correctly on the gear.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.