would you donate to ausmicro?

Home Forums General Chat would you donate to ausmicro?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

the recent server problems brought up a couple of points, mainly the fact that arron pays for the upkeep of the site mostly or wholly on his own. so i was curious to know whether people would be willing to donate a little cash to the site to fund the future smooth running. or perhaps you want something little in return like 1/64 and 1/1 scale ausmicro bumper stickers or something like that. i’m sure most of us are willing to cough up a few bucks for nothing though as we’re already getting a free service. so get votin’, poll’s close in 40 days from today:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 08 December 2003 23:35:48

peedee
      Participant

Yes, i would chip in a few bucks to help out wit the site

And i would love on of those AUSMICRO bumper stickers, more free advertising lol

how much would we be talking about $5.00-$10.00

i voted for goddies after but i would chip in neway

Edited by – peedee on 08 December 2003 23:39:37

betty.k
      Participant

well i’m doing this poll to see how many people would be up for it. if 20 people chip in $2 each, that’s $40, probably enough to at lest pay for the domain name for a year:8ball:

peedee
      Participant

lol… yea thats cheap

lol… but does ausmicro store sell those bumper stickers lol i want one….

brendan
      Participant

yeah id pitch in about $10 $15, and it is good to have a home grown micro rc site.

betty.k
      Participant

i think they have 1/1 scale bumper stickers in the shop.:8ball:

brendan
      Participant

were is the ausmicro shop

TallduDe
      Participant

i would donate to this site, hell i come on this often enough its worth the money for me. plus if its to keep this thing afloat its liking doing a good deed, thats like alot of good carma man!

betty.k
      Participant

there’s usually a link to the sop above recent topics on the home page. i think it’s a random ad:8ball:

Keymaster

*blushes* Thanks guys 😉

Random donations are always welcome via PayPal (Pay shop@ausmicro.com) however for Aussie based people this is not really an efficient way unless you have the cash ‘spare’ in Paypal.

The Cafe Press links that appear around the site do make money if you buy things, and with the AU$ getting stronger you can now buy more than ever for less $$…

I’m not going to let the site ‘go’ under at any time and won’t hold that over people to encourage donations.

If even 1% or 2% of the population donated about US$10 per year we’d pretty much have all our costs covered… And be able to look at upgrades etc… But it’s a ‘fair’ amount of money for people to pay out and I’m sure people would like to be sure they’re getting their $$ worth 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I am strapped for cash aaron, but you are welcome to one of my kidneys :smiley2:

Keymaster

Jamie, just don’t get in the front of the Kidney selling queue before me… How do you think I pay for the car?

Seriously though – Thanks for the words of support everyone. You’ll be happy to know that ‘behind the scenes’ we’re looking at things we can do to make donators feel special….

Just remember at NO STAGE will ausmicro.com force you to pay money – or ever set a limit on useage, we may however offer extra services to people who do make contributions.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

TallduDe
      Participant

so your offering a membership deal thing are you? or is it just a plan?

still would like to help out to make sure the site stays afloat dude 😀

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Services….hmmmm….housecalls to special clients lol.

z-beam
      Participant

is this bitpimps?……

Aaron i’d be down for that,

for less than a case of beer you can join the ausmicro website fund and Know you are making a difference….

love some bit sized stickers… maybe you could sell em for $20 ausd to make the “donation” money….

Impreza
      Participant

Hey z-beam, long time no post;) Good to see you back.

betty.k
      Participant

very encouraging feedback, i love yous guys!:smiley2:
      i’m hoping everyone can comment on this topic so the moderators can have a comments page to review when the time comes, so don’t be shy about leaving a reply:8ball:

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.