WRX Decal UPDATE

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I think I’m still on-track to have the decals uploadedto The Admiral’s Lair today. As I had mentioned, at some point, the decals will be in a simple MS Word document, and will be suitable for printing onto a clear decal sheet. All that’s really left is for me to work out some of the resizing issues of the images within the document itself, and they’ll be ready for upload. In the meantime, IceMan has posted some nice logo images of the Subaru World Rally Team onto the ‘Lair.

I’m really in a rush trying to get these done, so they’ll probably only have very basic instructions with them at this time. Expect more detailed instructions to follow.

Admin
      Participant

Where do you buy “clear decal sheets”? Can you buy these at hobby shops? Do they work with standard inkjet printers?

Admin
      Participant

The decals are finally available for download on The Admiral’s Lair, but I haven’t had an opportunity to put together directions for them yet.

Hobby shops should stock clear decal paper. They’re supposedly designed to work with laser printers or inkjet printers, but my results with inkjet printers were less than acceptable. It may have been just my printer (that’s a strong possibility, in fact), but the images didn’t really imprint onto the decal surface all that well, and the ink hadn’t dried after over two hours. So I would recommend a color laserjet, if at all possible. The company that makes the clear wet-transfer decal sheets does have a website, and it’s listed in another post here on AUSMICRO, but I don’t have it in front of me right now.

Always make sure you use some sort of clearcoat to protect the decals, too. I just used Testors Glosscote, and that worked fine.

Admin
      Participant

You can also use CD labels. They sell these everywhere. They sell the white kind and Clear ones too. I’ve used these for stickers before and they work great. You can buy some that are lazer safe and some that are made for ink jets too.

-Peter

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.