WRX Y2K2 Decal Update.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Just to show you that I am actually working on this thing, I’ve posted a rough JPEG of the images I’m currently working with. Some important thngs to note about this work in-progress when looking at the posted image:

• It’s not finished!!!
      • The final image-set will not be a JPEG (it’s looking like it might be a Word document right now ).
      • The final image-set will not have a blue background.
      • I haven’t done any resizing of the images/logos yet, so they’re probably out-of-proportion.
      • Some sponsor decals will have to be eliminated due to size constraints of the teeny-tiny Bit Char-G body.
      • [/list]

So with that said, take a look.

Admin
      Participant

I know i want a few sets of these, i guess if it’s a word doc then anyone would make as many copies as they want for their wrx squadron. How the hell do you put computer printed graphics like that on a little car like the wrx body? i know there is a kit to adhere any pictures, ie magazine clippings, to the INSIDE of my 1/10 scale nitro rs4 bodies. But, that is not gonna be possible on the colored bits and the bits aren’t thin like lexan is.

please explain

ryan

Admin
      Participant

I’ll detail out how to get the graphics from the computer screen to your car body in an article at the same time the graphics go up. It’s not that hard, but it will require a color printer (inkjet or laser).

Let me just assure you it can be done, but it will probably require a trip to the hobby store, and an investment of around $5.00 USD for a couple materials–which you’ll be able to use for additional decals after the WRX is done. I’m actually planning a trip to the local hobby store this afternoon to have a chat with them about this, so I’ll try to get a “Required Materials for Do-It-Yourself Decals” up in the next day or two.

Admin
      Participant

Here’s a link for water slide decal paper.

http://www.supercaldecals.com/

Instructions are on the site, but here’s the jist of it:

1. Print images on decal sheets.

2. Spray with Krylon (or some other type of clear coat finish) and let dry.

3. Ready for use!

zeroBXU, I hope you don’t mind making them public. You would save me alot of pain and suffering, since I don’t have any graphic skills whatsoever.

Admin
      Participant

Lantern Rouge – I don’t mind making them public at all. As a matter o’ fact, that was the whole plan. I’ll be using some blank wet-transfer decal paper I already have for this project–just make sure you buyclear decal paper, and not white decal paper.

I just did a test-print of a couple of the graphics (in a Word document) through the color laser printer, and the results were even better than I could’ve hoped for! I could still read the micro-sized KENWOOD logo for the pillars!

Admin
      Participant

great looking graphics!

I am working on a similar look for my WRX…I’m doing a white on blue STI / PORDRIVE / SWRT.com / PIRELLI theme…

I need to look into some of that decal paper…so I can use a regular printer with better resolution – the decal printer at work is way cool, but it’s DPI sucks, its designed to do large-format stuff (billboards / real vehicle graphics) so the resolution and color registry blows at Bit-size….

I’ll post a pic soon

-aq out

Admin
      Participant

here it is…I know the pic is lousy…I was using our camera at work…it’s a cheapy.

I’m currently trying to make black-outs for the headlamps, so it looks more like the pro-rally version, with the small bullet lamps, instead of the big, bug-eyed lamps we get on the production model WRC…hmmm also need to make those pie-plate sized foglamps…

wrxquick.jpg

Admin
      Participant

Too Freaking cool man!

BTW, Johnny Lightning sells decal sheets with some of their cars. And it has stuff like Hoosier, Hurst, STP and other American Muscle logos at the time. And they are perfect size for Bit Char G’s.

-Floyd

Admin
      Participant

Looking good, ZeroBXU!

Will have to order another Blue rex body in preparation of their readiness!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! smiley2.gif

Derek

Admin
      Participant

I have one here if you want it sir 🙂

Admin
      Participant

Decal update… all that’s left (that I’m aware of right now) is the windshield SUBARU logo and the “SUBARU WORLD RALLY TEAM” that goes on the hood. Once I’ve got those, it’s time to start test-printing until I get the size right.

Right now, it looks like the final document will be in Microsoft Word for several reasons:

• It scales down the bitmaps without losing resolution.
      • It will be a relatively small file.
      • It’s a somewhat “universally accepted” file format.
      • [/list]

I’ll also leave the file so that it can be modified, in case any tweaking/resizing is required for your individual printers. So we’re still on-track for the end of this week!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.