www.batterieswholesale.com

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I know this had been going over again, but here is an email between myself and the people at this supplier. Note that 1/4AAA is really 1/3AAA and ordering 1/4AAA will get you 1/3AAA,:question:.

Original Message

From: Customer Service [mailto:batterieswholesale@abiz.com.au]
      Sent: Friday, 2 May 2003 1:58 PM
      To: PH2T
      Subject: 1/4 AAA150H

Hi PH2T,

We are mail order only but we can do Aussie postal rates if we have stock of the cells you want here in Oz.

No news yet on 200mAh 1/4AAAs.

Best regards,

Warrick Alldridge
      BATTERIES WHOLESALE
      Tel: +61 3 8500 3562
      Fax +61 3 8610 0337
      http://www.batterieswholesale.com

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:15 , sent:

Hi,

I’ve noticed that the highest capacity 1/4 AAA size NiMH you have is 150mAh. I’ve noticed that 200mAh for this size are on the market. Will you be getting these as well?

Also, being located in Melbourne, can I purchase these batteries “over the counter” so to speak? Or is it all mail order only?

Thanks,

PH2T.

— Msg sent via Spymac Mail — http://mail.spymac.com

Participant

hey man, you can get 1.3V 200MAH batteries for bit chars over at http://www.bitchargoz.tk 🙂

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

Participant

yeah i got two of them to do a dual cell on my bit. it flies now!

Ţŭ₣₣Кı??

Participant

hmmm,

they have a great range off batteries except when you want a 9V battery. Anyone know of a place to pick up cheap 9v batteries?

Participant

hmmm,

they have a great range off batteries except when you want a 9V battery. Anyone know of a place to pick up cheap 9v batteries?

Participant

$2 dollar shops

Participant

$2 dollar shops

Participant

are they rechargable??

Participant

are they rechargable??

Participant

i recently bought some batteries from this place the 150nam ones and they are very good but a strange thing i discovered is that when i put them straight away in my BCG’s they seem to have some power in them already. thats before i even charged them on the charger.

why is that?

Participant

Maybe they test charge them before selling? the ones that don’t hold their charge they throw away, I’m not sure really??

Participant

Unlike nicads, NiMH cells should be stored charged otherwise they die. Storing a NiMH in a totally discharged state for long time seems to be very bad for them, sometimes you cannot even revive them.

NiMH also have a higher rate of “self-discharge” whilst in storage. In a BCG (with contant drain by the car’s PCB), I don’t know how NiMH will survive.

General rule of thumb with RC NiMH batteries is to half-charge them if storing for a week or 3, or full charge them before storing for a month or more.

Participant

So that means that Nicads are better for BCG unless you put in a switch to turn the car off. I think I’m right in saying that NimH cells generally hold more energy though, but what you say is an obvious down side esp. for BCG!!

Participant

The NiMHs in BCGs dont fully discharge. The car stops working at about 0.7 or 0.8 volts and this stays in the cell untill you recharge it. It IS quite flat but not completely, so it lives to be charged and run again.
      :)uA

Participant

hello again

i was checking out there website to see if the 200mah batteries were in and i found this one

http://www.batterieswholesale.com/products_batteries/nimh/nickel-metal-hydride-13-aaa-210-h.htm

is this one too large to fit in a micro??

because the measurements are all screwed with this site the 1/4aaa are actually 1/3aaa so would a 1/3aaa be a 1/2aaa in real life??????

Participant
      Quote:
      The NiMHs in BCGs dont fully discharge. The car stops working at about 0.7 or 0.8 volts and this stays in the cell untill you recharge it. It IS quite flat but not completely, so it lives to be charged and run again.:)uA

NiMH cells hit the RC scene about 3-4 yrs ago, when capacities jumped from 1700/2000 up to 3000. (Today they’re up to 2400 nicads and 3300 NiMh.)

However what we’ve found is that 0.7V is still “flat” for a cell, and after storing NiMH cells like that they just don’t perform as good at the next few charges.

They’re best stored half charged; then before next run, they’re “equalised” down to 0.7-0.8V per cell before being charged up normally.

Nicads are equalised then stored, then simply bung’d on the charger in time for next race.

(Equaliser consists of a IN4004 diode and a R47 resistor in series with each cell. Resistor stops working when the diode drops out.)

Participant

uA’s,

Quote:
      The NiMHs in BCGs dont fully discharge

does the radio gear continue to drain the battery? or is that where 0.7Volts comes from,radio gear only works when .7V or greater is there?

talldude

Quote:
      is this one too large to fit in a micro??

I have some 1/3aaa’s on the way for my mini rc boat, but I don’t think they will fit in the standard battery terminal of a bcg, I have clones which all have a rather large empty space inbetwwen the battery terminal and the front steering assembly, enough room to place one of those 1/3aaa’s. Only do this if your interested in soldering batteries etc.as you will need too. Every battery on that website states it’s dimensions in mm so just measure the inside of your bcg to see where you can fit the batteries you wish, I managed to squeze 4x 1/4aaa’s batteries into my clone, but have taken on other projects since :dead: that are more exciting and necessary. i.e charger :p

Participant
      Quote:
      uA’s,

Quote:
      The NiMHs in BCGs dont fully discharge

does the radio gear continue to drain the battery? or is that where 0.7Volts comes from,radio gear only works when .7V or greater is there?

Perriscope, the DCDC converter on the RX pcb cuts out at this voltage and therefore doesn’t supply any current to RX circuitry or the RX2 chip. The rest of the circuit (steering and h-bridge) runs off the 1.2V batt source and this won’t be drawing any current because the RX2 chip is not on to be able to turn the transistors (in h-bridge and steering) on either.

As a note, the car draws approx 6-8mA whilst idle from the batts until it hits this dropoff point.

ph2t.

Participant

can anyone who has ordered from these guys (aussuming u bought the sample pack) the shipping cost and how long it took to get to u?

Participant

Phanks Ph2t :smiley2:

Weapon,

can anyone who has ordered from these guys (aussuming u bought the sample pack) the shipping cost and how long it took to get to u?

I bought some 1/4aaa’s a while back and they got to me super speed i.e. order friday received monday!!

this time they I still haven’t received and ordered last week, but I think this is not a regular occurance, also I think when you buy there sample pack the price includeds delivery. anywhere in the world too!!

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.