Xmas – who got what?

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author
      DaveF
      Participant

So, Xmas was a time for for giving. So, who was given a Bit for Xmas? What did you get?

I have the kids a Red RX7, anda Black Celica. Lin (the wife) an Auto Modlista set, and the best mate got a Nissan Gloria (it that a G14 you got there?). I got me a Fairlady, but swapped the shell for a Supra. I did some shell swapping with other people too to get this shell combination, so we all have different frequencies (except the mate), and the colours we all wanted.

Plus I unveiled the Furlani track. See pictures in the link in my sig.

Admin
      Participant

I got me a Nanoracer Celicaand a Blue Compact Char-G Skyline. The 2.2 in the Skyline seems awfully slow though. I may have to take it back to Toys R Us and get a different one. It only seems to run at about the speed of a 1.0 !?!?

Congrats on the track, looks great.

DaveF
      Participant

I remember reading someone got an Aussie Char-G, took out the 2.2, put in their 1.0, and returned it, saying someone got them the wrong colour, and swapped it for another, thus they ended up with two 2.2 cars at home.

You might have got their old 1.0?? I’m kind of joking, I’m sure you got the yellow 2.2 motor, not the blue 1.0.

Admin
      Participant

i got a peice of coal!!:( i used to do something similar but with ps2 games!! buy play and return! 🙂 forget about blockbusta!!

Admin
      Participant

i got a BUS and its the bets BCG ever!!!!
      i got a black 35mhz celica and its range is kinda crud
      i got a 4 band controller
      and i got a gloria shell set

but the bus is the best thign evr, i recomend everybody gets one

GT-ahh
      Participant

i didnt get any bits for chrissy 🙁

Admin
      Participant

you got a Initial D set off me…. but i guess when you pay for soemthing it isnt really a gift

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by DaveF on 03January2003

You might have got their old 1.0?? I’m kind of joking, I’m sure you got the yellow 2.2 motor, not the blue 1.0.

Definitely got the yellow 2.2…..:smiley6:I have a 1.0 that I got with my Initial D set and it kicks the 2.2…. (well, sorta)

Admin
      Participant

i got a bit-charg toyota supra and a really fast engine from one of those hello kitty stores in themall, they had a display out front where you could play with the immitation 20$ cars and i was racing with my brother on their track (he got the white wrx) when the cashier walked outside and said “fun huh?”. he brought us into the storeand revealed a tiny white box, inside were 3.8 motors! i got 2 for 13.99 each! and theyre fast too…almost too fast. its hard to controlmy car becausethe car just spins since the motor is really fast. the batteries drain quick too. is itreally a 3.8 tho ? its silver with a pink lid on the end…its also little fatter than the 1.0 that came with it so it was kinda hard to keep that silver plate down over the motor. did i get ripped off?

Admin
      Participant

for $13.99 you got a pretty good deal as on ebay 3.8’s are 11US plus postage of about $2 so instead of waiting you got yours quickly

Admin
      Participant

i bought myself two clones with christmas money one cyclona and one that they said was a “nanoracer” but says “fit racer” and also the motor is wired whats up with that i think i got ripped off!!!!

Admin
      Participant

i got a fin puzzle…a fin puzzle you know what my parents are gettin next your a bunch of 7.62 shells

Impreza
      Participant

I got one of the fit racer’s as well. The antenna on the car came off when I opened it up to see what was inside. Had to do a little soldering:( Didn’t notice that the motor was wired in, have to take another look.

DaveF
      Participant

Poor widdle GT-Ahh. No bits for Xmas. Well man, you’ll just have to spend the money you would have on your families birthday pressies getting you some bit stuff instead then. eh. That’ll teach ’em.

Admin
      Participant

Well, The wife said I had too Bitsalready, but low and behold there was a Shen Qi Wei silver S2000 waiting for me the day after Christmas (My birthday 🙂 ).

It’s a very quick car, too!!!

John

Admin
      Participant

Me got a few bits and pieces for Christmas

2 x Combat DigiQ from my Brother in-law

1x Lxxwith Loctite Decals

GM-09, GM-10, GM-11 and GM-Nissan Gloria car bodies

2 x sets of tyres

2 x 3.0 motor

Drift set

Gear set

me happy with that Booty.. The tanks ride allover the cars hehehe.

Martin – Bit Char-G UK

DaveF
      Participant

You lucky lucky lucky jammy bastard. =o)

Trueno
      Participant

Not actually given to me but it arrived today so it’s pretty close to Christmas. I managed to scorea GTR Nur and Toyota Voltz :smiley4:. I actually prefer the Voltz as it’s different to any other Bit out there. I’ve seen two of them sell on ebay for over $150US! Unfortunately I don’t have access to anymore :smiley6:.

Admin
      Participant

Hey i didnt get any bits either, but im about to get some wild char-g monster bits, do many people have these ?? What do they think of them ?? me and my friend got one each so we can battle, plus the batt rally course

Admin
      Participant

i’m getting a wild char-g in 2 weeksa i cant wait

Admin
      Participant

I got 2 bits, and a nano racer,

It amazing the quality difference between these two!

nano racer sux! have had to resolder the steering electromagnet wires threetimes to the board!

Admin
      Participant

I got 2 bit charg’s and one nanoracer,

the nanoracer sucks! had to resolder the wires for the steering thre times already!

Admin
      Participant

Didn’t even get a clone for Christmas, but then I didn’t have any in the first place.Hopefully that will be rectified this year…

Closest I have come to it is my Mini-Z and that’s about it..

Aesch 🙂

Admin
      Participant

i am getting a very belated Chrissy present of “Homies” bit sized firguines

Admin
      Participant

I bought 4 bits for myself (my first thanks to DaveF doing all the organising 🙂 for Christmas.

In homage to his video I have done a quick one myself. Hosted by ausmicro currently on the development site at:

U face=Arial color=#0000ff http://aaron.zirconiumdns.net/videos/road_meet.WMV/U

2 points to the person who notices something obvious that the cars don’t do. And an extra point for the person to say why :smiley1:

GT-ahh
      Participant

omg thats the coolest movie ive ever seen… love the music…and lego rocks!

for 2 points they dont turn…

Admin
      Participant

Cought behind:smiley9: indeed they don’t turn. The reasons being:
      1) difficult to manage a camera and two bit char-g cars at the same time
      2) I forgot to include any footage of a turning car

I’ll attempt to improve on this for my next effort.

Paul

DaveF
      Participant

Paul and I also worked on a video on my track, we had loads of footage, unfotunately the whole thing came out way too dark to see anything. not quite sure where we went wrong, but we’ll give it a go again once we have some gearman plane spotting lights installed.

Admin
      Participant

Bit of a long post but here it goes,

After purchasing one Bit clone just before Christmas, then receiving two other OEM Bullet clones for christmas and then getting myself an original Bit Char-G (well Australian Compact Char-G) I have quickly filled my garage so to speak with four of these cool little machines.

After a bit of “searfing” I haven?t been able to find any reference to either of the types of clones that I have got.

The first clone I purchased the other week from Toyworld in Tasmania is called a Micro Super Charger (MSC) and is made by a company called ENERTEC Enterprises.

The body shell is a black Subaru WRX on 27Mhz, but they also had I think a white WRX and two different colour PT Cruisers with one other frequency available.

The car has a straight spring steel aerial rather than a plastic coated wire which looks kinda cool and tends to improve the appearance of the car. The body is held in place with a single screw, and the shape of the body looks I think a bit more scale than some others. There is no cover over the PCB and the car windows are clear.

The car has 2 Ni-MH cells, which to me look really tiny, and the transmitter takes 4 AAA cells. As with most the transmitter is the charger for the car, but the clip down mechanism is a little different on this one than my Bit and the bullet clones and works really well.

The transmitter is styled more like your full size R.C. transmitter with two actual ?sticks? that are modeled to look like small wheels with tyres. The aerial is a black telescopic job which swings from being parallel to the top of the transmitter body, to 90 degrees to point away from you when in use.

There is a clear cover that lifts up to allow the car to be charged up and it is shaped to allow the cover to be clipped back down with the car in position for storage and carrying around. There is also a belt clip on the back to well?. clip it on your belt I guess!!

This little sucker really flies, on the lino in the kitchen it is virtually uncontrolable, donuts galore and heaps (twice plus?) more speed than my standard Bit and the other bullet clones. On carpet it is much more driveable, with plenty of speed still and no spinouts. I think I would safely say that this car is faster on carpet than my standard Bit is on a smooth surface!! The packaging said something along the lines of scale speed of 300 k/ph!! Not too sure about anyone else but I never believe that sort of stuff. I do know that this car is really fast though!!

Steering is poor with very uneven turning circle from right to left and there also seems to be a bit of delay from releasing the control stick from forward to neutral before the motor actually stops. Perhaps half a second!!

The other ?Bullet? clones I got are called Nano Racers (NR). My Brother bought them from one of the TV mail order companies I think, and they came as a pair in a cardboard box with ?Tiny Toys? printed on it.

They look like a lot of other bullet clones, with the clear dome and the grey plastic base being the controller. Standard 2 x AA batteries per controller. They came in two different frequencies, which they would obviously need to, being sold as a pair. If I remember correctly the TV add was selling them for around A$50 for the pair which was reasonable.

One car is a yellow plastic moulded Celica I think. And the other is a white safari styled 4WD of some type must admit I haven?t had a really close examination. There are no manufacturer logos (Toyota Nissan etc.) as such on the cars, but there are some racing stickers of sorts with Gallop or something like that printed on ?em.

Both of these NR cars go quite well, similar to my standard Bit and they both turn well. They ran a bit bumpy to start with but trimming the lumps of rubber off from where the tyres were molded improved that. They are also quite noisy when running compared to the Bit. Obviously cheaper gears etc.

One controller doesn?t seem to charge the car as well as the other. The Charge light is quite a lot dimmer than the good one and the run time is very poor when charged on the suspect transmitter / charger. Could just be the TX batteries yet, I haven?t looked into it much.

The Compact Bit Char-G I bought is a White Nissan GT-R (G-04) which I havn?t had time to play with much as yet (too busy building my track see pics so far at http://groups.msn.com/bitchargoz/general1.msnw) but seems to go well, although steering is not quite as good as I expected.

Verdict so far,

For Steering: 1st Nano Racer/s, 2nd Bit, 3rd Micro Super Charger (MSC).

For Speed: 1st MSC, 2nd Bit, 3rd Nano Racers/s

Controller: 1st MSC, 2nd Bit, 3rd Nano Racer/s

Car Apperance: 1st Bit, 2nd MSC, 3rd Nano Racer/s

Overall Quality: 1st Bit, 2nd MSC, 3rd Nano Racer/s

Does anyone else have one of the Enertec Micro Super Chargers?

Whats your verdict??

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

Man your track looks way cool! what have you used for the base and paint? the bridge looks realy smooth and i think it will handle well! i have a nano racer and two char-g’s i find when i put the pink nanoracer motor in a bit char-g it would go like a 3.0 with great acceleration! but i also am unhappy with the quality of the nanoracer

DaveF
      Participant

How much was the MSC car at ToyWorld?

Admin
      Participant

Yeah that MSC sounds pretty sweet, are you sure their nimh or are they nicd, anyhow prett sweet that it comes with dual cells. Might have to go to Toyworld and have a look see.

Admin
      Participant

8ch Ess Vee,

I think you’ll find the “safari styled 4WD of some type” is a Toyota Bb.

Cranga,

how did you get the Nanoracer motor in your Char-G ? I found it to be too long.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Genspec on 10January2003

Cranga,

how did you get the Nanoracer motor in your Char-G ? I found it to be too long.

Genspec,

It takes a bit of forcing, but if you dont force to hard you dont do any damage to the chassi, is the endo of the motor pink? mine was and it goes sweet! dont be afraid to force to much cause they are pretty strong, and my gears matched up perfectly, dont shave the chassi back to fit it in cause then you will have trouble fitting the tomy motors in!

Admin
      Participant

Whee!!

Courtesy of Shypo, I guess I can call it a belated Xmas pressie.

He can scratch the 35MHz kit off his to sell list now!!

I now have a Bit 😀

Aesch 🙂

Admin
      Participant

Thanks Cranga,

I thought I’d try swapping motors but after it didn’t drop straight in, I didn’t want to make a mess of either or both of them.

I have a 57MHz Celica Nanaoracer and it goes well – pink motor.I have put the hard Tomy tyres on the rear (which makes it a bit more controllable) and put the Nanoracer rears on my 2.6 AE86 which runs really sweet now.

The combination of harder Nanoracer tyres on the rear, medium Bit tyres on front,with the 2.6Bit motor and soft suspension make the AE86 a joy to drive. Good for drift and it looks pretty neat when you do 180s then straight into reverse.:smiley1:

Admin
      Participant

Thanks for the support Guys,

Man your track looks way cool! what have you used for the base and paint?

I used the side from an old packing crate I scored from work for the base. Its about 10mm thick but the ply is really poor quality and wouldn’t have made a very smooth/good track surface. So I bought a few sheets of 3.5mm thick MDF or ‘Craftwood’ to make the new surface. That allowed me to sink the surface of the bridge down flush with the rest of the track. I have so far put on one coat of Blackboard Paint as the track surface, but I got a bit of dust and crap in the paint before it dried, so I have rubbed it back a bit and now I’m ready for the second coat (with the shed door CLOSED this time). Can’t comment on the end result yet but will keep you all informed!

the bridge looks realy smooth and i think it will handle well!

I looked at a few other tracks with bridges and they all looked really angular and square, not like a reall bridge at all.My cars just make it over from a standing start at the base of the bridge on the unpainted MDF surface and do it easy with a run up. They look coolat the moment cruisin’ up and over, and I’m not even half finished yet!!! It was only lack of traction that stopped them origionaly, so I guess once the surface is fully painted it will be better still.

i have a nano racer and two char-g’s i find when i put the pink nanoracer motor in a bit char-g it would go like a 3.0 with great acceleration! but i also am unhappy with the quality of the nanoracer

Yeah, they are a bit cheaper looking, especially in the body. I will have to try the motor swap myself. Having not tried or seen any of the Hi Po motors in a Bit I as yet have nothing much to compare with.

DaveF

How much was the MSC car at ToyWorld?

Theywere on the shelf at A$49.95. There was only the one WRX left and a heap of PT Cruisers (surprise surprise) and the box was ripped a bit so they actually knocked it down to A$45.00 for me. That was Toyworld in Devonport (Tas) a few days before Christmas, and I havn’t been back in to see if they still have any left. Very tempted to buy another one just for the speed 8)

Craz and DaveF

Yeah that MSC sounds pretty sweet, are you sure their nimh or are they nicd,

Well, I didn’t pull them out of the car when I had the thing to pieces, but the manual that came with the car definately says Ni-MH. They are really small cells, they both fit under the PCB with quite abit of room to spare!!

Genspec,

I think you’ll find the “safari styled 4WD of some type” is a Toyota Bb.

Well I thought it may be too, but on closer inspection last night, I think it could be something else? The badge moulded on the grille is oval but there are no other really distinguishing shapes to it at all. It looks like a 4 door with a tray at the back? I will have to post some pics so we can all have our guesses!!

I will also put a couple up of my MSC so you can all drool!!! lol

Have done a Dunlop bridge for my track too which has come up OK, can’t wait to get stuck into the barriers over the weekend, can’t wait to get it finished, then I will be having some serious fun!!

DaveF
      Participant

I don’t have the MSC cars. I’m trying to find out how much they were without ringing the store.

Admin
      Participant

The MSC were A$49.95,found a photo of one, justfor interest sake:

Just tried, pasting the image, dunno if it will work or not though??

Cheers,

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.