Xmod

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      L337_krew
      Participant

are these Xmods any good…. does any one have this… wats da pros n cons for these? thanx

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant
      jamiekulhanek
      Participant

very good OTP, i have now decided to stick with my z instead.

dgs73
      Participant

very well though out, and totally (weeeell…) unbiased… still gonna stick with the Z’s though

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

yeah why downgrade???

L337_krew
      Participant

coz i like da bodykits n da sound of all wheel drive hahaha n my friends over in america too and he asked me if i wanted one…but on second thoughts juz spend dat money on my mini z hehehe >=D

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

They dont go as hard as a mini Z, the idea of interchangeable body kit smells like ‘kids toy’.

The AWD is gimmicky.

But heck i want one!!!!!

micro_Amps
      Participant

I’ve got one in for some mods at the moment, and I gotta say, I like them.
      :)uA

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh i got one and i like it .. once u fix up some parts… eg a handwornd motor, fets, and lubricate the crap outta everything

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

I’ve kinda given up, it’s quite a lot worse than a Z, generally, people who like them don’t have Z’s (hence the anti XM sentiment of Z folk). After a bit more use, it’s the famous problem of stuttery electronics 🙁 And for Aussies there’s the fact that you can’t get parts to consider. People who come from Bit/Zips, sure, they’ll like them.

My AWD XM can’t even hope to keep up with my +100 grams Z (stock just 100g of ballast – heavy body + big cells).

As I’ve said before, even with the resistor mod, radius is a joke and the only thing the XM is good for is drifting…if you have a spare room with hard floors.

Edited by – oldtamiyaphile on 14 February 2004 16:07:18

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.