Xspeed + Overland

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Seatbelt
      Participant

Can I put just the Xspeed motor into a stock Overland so it will go faster? Do I need to upgrade anything else for it to work? Do overlands break easily? Thanks.

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      Quote:
      Can I put just the Xspeed motor into a stock Overland so it will go faster? Do I need to upgrade anything else for it to work? Do overlands break easily? Thanks.

You can put Kyosho X-Speed, PN S05 and Atomic Stock Motor into your overlander without any power-up modify. But don’t put any i-waver motor, they can be bure your PCB.:D

If you like to upgrade your X-Speed, you can modify it with ball bearing motor case.

z-beam
      Participant

yup i second kens statement about the i-waver x-speed and x-speed pro motors, they will burn out the fets of any stock kyosho mini-scale car…

you had that experience as well hey ken?

ken_wyleung
      Participant

I have try i-waver X-Speed and X-Speed Pro before.
      I test both for 2 mins on my MR-02 stock and modify.
      The i-waver X-Speed is very very very slow and very hot on the PCB.
      The i-waver X-Speed Pro is not design for stock car, although you put it on power-up modify car, it still slower than Kyosho X-Speed with stock car. Also very hot on the PCB.

The summary is they are very very poor!

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 19 March 2005 03:43:34

z-beam
      Participant

i have used the x-speed with my fetted car (6×2 stack) and it did get extremely hot. you could see sparks in side the motor as well…

Keymaster

The PRO is not all bad, but quality is sure to be variable… The Sydney boys can attest to how well one can run (with 5×2 7389) and a 9 tooth.

I would think in a better tuned car/chassis the performance would be quite good. Certainly Plasma Dash comparable.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

Im running The pro in the Iwaver with a 10tp powered buy a 2×3 stack of 7317 s…
      I have not had a problem with it except the wires are flimsy and break of easy….

It dose +50 in its speed range…

dgs73
      Participant

my x speed pro is a bit odd… does nt have any go at all for some reason. Comparable to the X speed (K) in an unfetted car (12t pinion too). So I agree Aaron; the quality is most definately variable. Was running mine with the older (and still running strong after almost 2 years!!!clap.gif) IRF7389 fets. Maybe it’s an Iwaver X speedwith a pro sticker on it? Still pulling high 50s with the rebuilt P.D. though

mini-g
      Participant

so how did it end up seatbelt?????

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.