Yo Micro Amps

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      VooDooMafia
      Participant

Hey dude whats up 🙂

I keep checking your page and dont see updates on your micro rc planes and stuff.

Is this still something you are working on?

ph2t
      Participant

What’s this, micro rc planes? News to me….:approve:

ph2t.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yep, absolutely, its happening, I was flying these yesterday.
      I was approached by (believe it or not) a doctor and a proffessor to modify the BCG micro r/c internals for use in some tiny micro planes that they fly indoors in a basket ball court ‘gym’. Well, the whole excersize was a huge success and now I am hooked. I have 2 planes and they fly really well and are heaps of fun as well. They are ultra ultra light, one weighs 28 grams, the other 42 grams !!
      I will be posting pics, how toos, and selling pre-modded stuff on the website soon, but work has got me flat out at the moment. As soon as I find the spare time I will get them on.
      Stay tuned……

:)uA

TallduDe
      Participant

ohhhhhhhh sweeeet man! i cant wait. ive always wanted a micro plane but dont have the skills to make one.

VooDooMafia
      Participant

NICE NICE

Yea I have seen some of them crazy germans make lawnmores and micro helicopters from bits now plains.

Well Mr.Amps I think you need to tell your work that yous gots some people to impress hehe

Maybe when the plains are done you can work on helicopters 🙂

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I build miniature indoor flyers, called hangar rats. The basic plane weighs around 4 grams ( i make them light) and has a 50 cm wingspan. Very delicate, but since it’s so light its very durable, hangar rash claimed 2 out of 3 planes ive lost, another was stolen by the heavens (disappeared into a cloud, it was my plane that won a airtime competition) :sad:. Since theres no rubber band, the fuselage doesnt need to be so rigid, so even less weight.

I might get a Clone PCB modded, and use it on one of these planes….

Lets seee…. weight (approx)

Battery 4.5 g
      Motor 1.5 g
      PCB 2.0 g
      Magnet 1.5 g
      Coils 3.0 g
      Plane 4.0 g
      Prop/GB 3.0 g

Not bad, 19.5 grams, plus glue and a small balsa pushrod for the rudder (placing the coils at the rear requires weight at the front, which will cause porpoising).

Might tackle it soon!!

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yes I know of the Hangar rat Jamie, they are a good candidate for a micro rc plane.
      Figures sound about right too.
      :)uA

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.