You Guys Okay over there

Home Forums General Chat You Guys Okay over there

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      DarkTari
      Participant

Been hearing about all the brush fires over there and all the trageties in the news.
      Haven’t heard from some of you guys over in Da Hood so I came to you.
      You guys okay over there ?????

betty.k
      Participant

hey there big feller! nice to see you this side o’ the pond!

me personally is ok, but where my girlfriend lives is prime bushfire country.
      on sunday she got the word that there was a fire 1 street away from her. she threw everything in the car and got the **** outta there! fortunately the fire was extinguished quickly and she has a home to go to.

but this is our worst ever bushfire season on record, at the present there are 170 people dead and most likely more to come. some of the areas decimated are places i’ve been, it’s kinda heartbreaking to know that there’s nothing but a pile of ash remaining. entire towns have been destroyed.

i know it’s hard to imagine over there but picture a sky full of fire, not smoke but fire. that’s the last thing most of those casualties saw.

we are putting together a bushfire fund at work, i suggest anyone that reads this do the same.

check this chit!
      0,,6476508,00.jpg

one of the amazing things is the people fighting the fires are members of the cfa (country fire authority).
      they are all volunteers. mad props ladies and gentlemen :clap:

thanks for thinking of us dt:topstuff: :8ball:

whtang
      Participant

i’m good… i don’t personally know anyone in the areas burnt.. but someone that used to work with my wife lost their house but her family are ok… and one of the doctors who worked where she works didn’t make it but she didn’t know them personally

DarkTari
      Participant

Sorry to hear about the Doc, but it’s good to hear your peeps are okay…:beer:

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

We had the local golf club complex burn down, but everyone out here (Horsham, Vic) is safe. Had a little flare up last night about 4am but it was miles out of town. The weather was ****ing unreal that day… We had 50+kph (35mph) winds on a 48C (118F) day! It was like a hairdryer outside. We had a small gumtree come down, just from the wind and heat!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.