z-beams q-steer collection

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

left of the brass rod are mostly choro-q’s unconverted. theres a few spare q-steer bodies amongst them, and some other crappy quality bodies ive found around the place. the orochi (weird purple car) is my favorite looking body but will be near impossible to convert to a steer.
      right of the brass rod are all q-steers. the front row are mostly customised (except the corvette). the blue subaru (2007) just needed a tab slot added to the front. the hummer was my favorite from the last singapore trip.

3769747216_e9536da994.jpg

3768957481_18b35e8cf8.jpg

3768957499_c324835fb4.jpg

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Can we see that purple orochi up close please?

z-beam
      Participant

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT79172

hlj has a really nice up close pic of it… you hardly ever see it this up close and from this angle, and in choro-q form i think it looks pretty decent (unlike the fugly real one).

ill take some better pics soon for you.

also the paint on the evo x steer is amazing, looks like its a red clear coat over silver it has so much depth and clarity to it unlike some of the other metallic paint jobs in the series.

z-beam
      Participant

just a heads up, i picked up a avante buggy custom toolbox set on ebay and i thought it came with a spare orange capped motor.

its actually a red ended one which is faster than the orange one (only found in the reebok skyline set). bonus!
      the spare gearset is coloured blue, but is exactly the same as the fast orange gears. my set was malformed however and the pinion gear wont go onto the motor.

also picked up the orange fairlady (350z) and a white rx-7 from a model shop in the adelaide cbd. i think that will be the last q-steers ill buy of that series.

still no online suppliers for the new lipo equipped models yet.

k0ldd
      Participant

@z-beam 230663 wrote:

still no online suppliers for the new lipo equipped models yet.

You mean in Australia or online in general?
      http://www.strapya-world.com/categories/2331_5307.html
      http://www.walkera.com.hk/tomy-choro-q-choro-q-remote-type-c-339_521_523.html

Now if anybody has them can you show a pic of a dissected one, I’m very interested in transferring the lipo to a buggy qsteer:smiley14:

betty.k
      Participant

you mean like this? :smiley16:
      what you see is a 50mah lipo from an ir helichopper. you’ll have to add a charging plug and a switch. :8ball:

k0ldd
      Participant

@betty.k 230665 wrote:

what you see is a 50mah lipo from an ir helichopper. you’ll have to add a charging plug and a switch. :8ball:

Appreciated but I meant a pic of the Choro Q hybrids. I have done the heli lipo mod before, I am just curious if it the new Q hydbrids are indeed powered by lipos and if so I wouldn’t have to use the heli’s remote or a more expensive lithium charger any more. By the way I’m not sure if you guys know about the Micro Terrain by Spinmaster in the states I’m sure they’re acquired from takara tomy. I think the only differences is the addition of the on/off switch on the bottom and some new colors, a clear/transparent Avante and a blue Hornet and the blue Rough Rider.

12092009032.jpg 12092009034.jpg pTRU1-6932346reg.jpg

z-beam
      Participant

are the motors wired into the terrain ***ans? what coloured end motors have been spotted in them? just the standard blue?

thanks for the heads up! ive ordered from strapya before once. here comes a pair!

k0ldd
      Participant

Nope, they’re interchangeable. Standard motors are green, performance pack have orange motors.

z-beam
      Participant

right, the japanese ones have a blue ended motor. its got a little more power but is slightly slower than the green ended ones.

is the performance pack just upgrade parts without another car? id love another orange motor.

i ordered a 2000gt white toyota, a contach and a galardo pullback from strapya. should be here soon, cant wait!

z-beam
      Participant

@betty.k 230665 wrote:

thats pretty wicked betty!

needs propo control though, i oean id love that with propo control 🙂

z-beam
      Participant

@betty.k 230665 wrote:

thats pretty wicked betty!

needs propo control though, i oean id love that with propo control 🙂

k0ldd
      Participant

The Performance Pack is the repackaged vers of the Custom Tool Box that either has the Frog or the Buggy Champ around $25US.

k0ldd
      Participant

The Performance Pack is the repackaged vers of the Custom Tool Box that either has the Frog or the Buggy Champ around $25US.

z-beam
      Participant

thanks k0ldd!

k0ldd
      Participant

Was looking at your q steers nice collection by the way. Can the silver LM body fit the qsteer chasis?

z-beam
      Participant

sorry i got distracted by ausmicro being down again.

the battery is about the same form/size/shape as the battery in the buggies. i wont be attempting to open up the car untill it breaks to really check the dimensions because of the tiny wires and my non soldering skills.

on the packaging it says its a lithium ion cell. it has a great run time and is incredibly powerfull compared to the buggies and all other stock micro cars ive ever had.

the coils for the steering are mounted flat to the bottom of the chassy.

is the LM short for le mans? the silver sleek looking racing beast body doesnt have the room for a normal q-steer. it’d need to be heavily modded to fit. got that from a supermarket shelf, its bad quality and hasnt got real windows so the signal will be blocked.

did i mention yet the hybrids control range sh!ts all over the original q’s?

k0ldd
      Participant

Yep le mans, at first I thought it was the choro 956 porsche.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.