Zip Zaps SE

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      titaniumonkey
      Participant

okay… does anyone have any info on how the handel, their speed, compatability and so on? Maybe even a review:D

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Well they have more weight then a normal zip.

you can fit all the normal zz bodies on this chassie(i think they might even sit alittle lower)

The SE’s have lights(they you can unplug for loger run times)

The runtimes kinda suck and they dont use normal bit/zz cells.

The steering is nice but a pain to get it adjusted to perfection(still working on mine)

They lack some torque but I hope this will get corrected with some time.

Speed is OK since they come with a stock red motor and blue gears.

I tossed red gears and a 3.8 in mine and it moves nice.

Anything lese you need to know?

micro_Amps
      Participant

I have just received my ZZ SE, and it is in line for a fet modding.
      I will let you know how I fare.
      :)uA

titaniumonkey
      Participant

I heard that the left turn on most ZZ SE don’t work too well… and also that people usually get about 5 minutes on a single charge with the stock battery. I dunno any of this I want one but i live in Canada and I don’t think they sell ZZ SE in Canada. Maybe go over the border to get this? I noticed that the body of the car sits a tad too high on the actual guts of the car. Anyone tried to lower the body?
      a link to a few pics of the car:http://members.sparedollar.com/fallon/upload.JPG
      I love the RX-7 Savannah!!!

Edited by – titaniumonkey on 08 October 2003 14:24:01

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Yea there have been some body mods of at bitpimps

The Bodies do site high and this is due to the lights and the pbc for the lights.

As for the left turn you just need to play with the trim on the controller.

The se’s have a trim on the controller aswell as the car, mess with the controller one first. Aswell as they have an Idle trim on the controller.

Run Times are crap on a single charge with stock cell and I have not heard of any new cells for the SE’s yet.

My Man crazydave has done the mosfet mod(I think double stacked maybe triple) to his SE and he was saying that he now gets better run times.

He also says that the mosfet does improve performance but its not like a fetted bit.

I like the SE’s considering I had a very bad taste in my mouth about zips. The first zip I got was when they first came out and I am sure anyone will tell yea they sucked. Now I hear they got bettter in the later gens but I never went back untill now and I love it 🙂

As for you being in Canada well do you have any hook ups in the US? or are you close enough to take a trip over?

Racer9
      Participant

The Savanna Sucks! Get the Efini it has much better handling!

titaniumonkey
      Participant

I live right next to the border( a 45 min drive) and the savannah does not suck… It looks the best out of all the starter sets so far. Oh well… personal preferance. I was just wondering, though, how much do you reckon it would cost me to get it shipped to me (Vancouver)through 1-800-the-shack ? if it isn’t too much, maybe I’ll get it shipped instead.

One more question. Is the ZZ SE a better deal or a Super Bit Char-g at about 60 bucks?

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Well if you are gonna pay that much for a Super bit you are crazy 🙂 was that 60 bucks US or Canadian? which ever it was thats alot. they go on ebay for about 20 bucks and toyeast has them for 22.50 USD with some free stuff(4.2,heat sink….)

I dont have a Super bit yet(just ordered it from toy east) to compair but I can let you know in a few days 🙂

As for shipping from the 800 # not sure they will ship to canada best bet would be to call them.

Besides the Initial D sets they also have the 05 mustangs,and the Blue TT is now out aswell at the 800#.

If you are a micro RC lover then get one SE no matter what people say 🙂 You will end up liking it more then you think I bet.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

60 is Canadian. My dad dosen’t really like ordering online so… I thinl the only way for me to be able to get a super Bit Char-g would be to either wait till the summer to go to Hong Kong or buy one for 60 bucks Canadian.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Show your Dad how easy and safe it is to purchase stuff via the internet these days, you are missing out on so much good stuff out there if you arent able to buy online.
      Goodluck
      Let us know your thoughts on the super if you get one.
      Not one of my faves.
      :)uA

VooDooMafia
      Participant
      Quote:
      60 is Canadian. My dad dosen’t really like ordering online so… I thinl the only way for me to be able to get a super Bit Char-g would be to either wait till the summer to go to Hong Kong or buy one for 60 bucks Canadian.

If you really want one I can order one in my next order with toy east for you.

Just send paypal or money Order for the car pus shipping to you.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

I dunno. found on toysnjoys that they have sets for 15 US and I’m thinking of rying to convince my dad to buy from there. I’m aiming for the Initial D set ( the one with teh trueno and the RX-7) because all in all, it’s be 30 bucks (US) plus shipping and handleing to where I live
      ps. I’ve decided not to get ZZ SE. Don’t ask why

titaniumonkey
      Participant

HAHAHAHAHAHA
      I finally convinced my dad to help he order online. I will be recieving the Initial D Set in 1 to 4 weeks. Bought it From http://www.toysnjoys.com/bitcharg.html. I am so happy!!!! What do you think?

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Personally dude if you were gonna buy online I would have loooked on ebay first.

But thats cool, you should get a zipzap SE anyway aswell as a superbit 🙂

Racer9
      Participant

I meant the Savanahs have the worst steering problem of any of the Zip Zaps SE

VooDooMafia
      Participant

there is a simple fix for the stearing on the se’s to give you 4 point stearing and get rid of the studder

DaveF
      Participant

Congrats on convincing your old man Titanium. IF you’re going to HK, save yor money and buy when you’re over there. You’ll not only get cheaper stuff (Save on postage which is expensive from HK), but you’ll be able to select from a much larger range.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.