ZipZap Monster Truck Questions

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      MattPaintballer
      Participant

I would like to get a ZZMT but there are a few things I want to know first. Well, I went to RadioShack and they had a pack of motors and gears, and the highest motor was orange I think and it was called Racing. Is this the best MT motor? Can you put a Bit Char-G/MicroSizer/clone motor into a ZZMT with little or no modification? If so, would they have enough torque? Also, if I wanted to increase range, what would be the best things to do? Is the receiver’s antenna like the ZZSE’s? If so, what is the best kind of wire to replace it with? Is anybody doing MOSFET upgrades/turbo’s for ZZMT’s? If so, would you do them for MS’s too maybe?

Edited by – MattPaintballer on 28 November 2004 18:22:03

ph2t
      Participant

The orange motor is the best (fastest) motor for the zzmt. No, BCG/ZZ motors are not compatible with the zzmt. Modifiying the motor mount is possible but prolly not worth it, I doubt they would be able to deliver the torque needed.

As for increasing range, replacing the stock antenna on the truck with a light gauge guitar string antenna, this will help get a bit more range…..

the mofset mod has been recently figured out by myself and some others are bitpimps, look for the zzmt mosfet mod thread in the BCG-Tech forum here at ausmicro.

ph2t.

Impreza
      Participant

Get one..heck, get two:) These things are very fun. Motor upgrade is worth it as well.

MattPaintballer
      Participant

Can I fit ZipZap SE bodies on a MT, too? Also, regarding Bits/MicroSizers, I’ve heard that the ExtremeMotors Vanquish 3.8 is good. Are these still available?

Edited by – MattPaintballer on 05 December 2004 03:24:16

betty.k
      Participant

zz bodies fit on the mt but the jeep body needed some shaving up front to fit nicely.
      em 3.8’s are folklore now! if you find one you’re a dead set legend!:8ball:

MattPaintballer
      Participant

One last question. (At least I think it’s the last one…) Can I extend the rear axle on a ZZMT, ZZSE, or MicroSizer/Bit Char-G?

Impreza
      Participant

Hard to do, but yes with a dremel and possibly two bodies and a way of bracing the extended motor/axel housing… Why?

I have only done it on a Bit (for my monster bug in my gallery- to allow for travel of my shocks).

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.