ZZ SE mosfet mods are GO !!!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      micro_Amps
      Participant

Well after much hard work and experimentation I have successfully mosfet modded a ZipZap SE to have a significant increase in speed and torque as well.
      The stock ZZ SE with a red 21.5 motor and blue (12:1) gears trundles along at a pitiful 4.5km/h (about 3mph) which is a real yawn.
      I delved in the the driving/switching circuits and came up with a way to triple the driving speed of the car, increase the torque and keep all the proportionality of the control, both in speed and steering.
      It now loves the high speed motors and the tall gears.
      If you put in a purple 3.4 ‘turbo’ motor, and the red gears (8.25:1) it will now scream along at around 13 km/h (around 8.5 mph) with full speed control in a smooth range from 5 to 13 km/h (3 to 8.5 mph).
      It takes the best corners, with the propo control it will turn wide or sharp, but all the time you are in total control.
      It is kinda strange to have such good control of these tiny cars at these speeds, but hey I’m not complaining.
      I can’t put it down, only problem is that I have to return it to its owner in the USA.
      More info on my website,
      :D:DuA

Edited by – micro_Amps on 22 October 2003 14:52:15

leonli17
      Participant

It’s a pity that u have to reture it to it’s owner. I wish i can have a look at those babies MOSFETed.

micro_Amps
      Participant

I do have another one though, and it is getting a stage2 fet mod very soon. :smiley2:
      This one is staying with me.
      :)uA

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Yo what did you have to do to get it fully fetted? you got a tut or pics of what needed to be done?

titaniumonkey
      Participant

maybe you can buy it off of the owner in US… for a bit of money (7 dollars us?) and also another free mosfet mod or somethin…I dunno, just saying:)

micro_Amps
      Participant

What I am going to do is offer my services to do this mod for people, same as when I was doing FET mods to BCGs and standard ZZs and clones. (and yes I am still doing these mods as well if you want one done, email me or check my website)
      I am still charging US$20 for a FET mod, you send the car to me, I mod it, test it, and send it straight back. It really does kick arse once it is modded. Just like a fet modded BCG, only a little heavier. Get into it.
      TitaniuMonkey, these cars sell for US$25 in the States (plus postage) and the mods I have been doing have always been US$20. 🙂

Edited by – micro_Amps on 20 October 2003 10:32:39

ph2t
      Participant

You got to get some video man of these beasts in action!:p

ph2t.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Nah, sorry ph2t, I dont have vid cam. I will have to leave this up to the recipients of the first fet modded ZZ SEs when they return to their owners.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

sorry…i didn’t know…:blush:

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

The irony…

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

The irony…

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yeah, I picked up on that one too PH, lol.
      :smiley2:uA

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yeah, I picked up on that one too PH, lol.
      :smiley2:uA

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.