2.6 motors

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I recently received two 2.6 motors from the trading direct website and both of them did not work in my car or a friends car. Then I put the small gear from my standard motor on to the new one and it works fine, both of them on both cars. Now whenever I want to change engines I have to change the gear also. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edited by – barto_85 on 11 March 2003 22:06:37

Participant

thats probably a bit racer pinion instead of the char-g one…most motors come with a black and a white one…one is for bit racer the other is for char-G they have different amounts of teeth….

http://www21.brinkster.com/gtahh/
      custom shells, mods and tips

Participant

Thankyou, that sounds right, it is a bit racer package, the picture on the Trading Direct website shows the Char-G type motors so maybe they should change that. Mine only came with the white pinion.

Participant

you might want to pick up a suspension set, comes with spare black pinions, pm me if ur after one..

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

Participant

the white pinion can work with BCg gearing, just not always lol. but seriously the white pinion is for Bit racer axles, they have lower ratios and arent really suitable for BCG unless u have sum serious power

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Participant

the white pinion can work with BCg gearing, just not always lol. but seriously the white pinion is for Bit racer axles, they have lower ratios and arent really suitable for BCG unless u have sum serious power

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Participant

The guy at trading direct helped me out, he found a spare black pinion and is posting it to me. What great service.

Participant

if you agle the motor slightly the white pinon fits. qfm’s website has details on the ‘engine balance mod’

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.