any bit mod store out there???

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

hey guys!!!
      back 4 a lil more help, oh and b4 i 4get this forum is the best fanx 4 the advice n all.
      well i ended up getting the blue r34 from big-w, just couldnt wait 4 an online order 2 come in but im very pleased wiv mi new bit.
      now down 2 business, i was just wandering are any of u guys from perth? well im looking 4 some mod equipment and i was wandering if there was any store i could get some bit mods in perth? my home town.

well thanks alot again guys:):D:):D

spanky
      Participant

dang dude… try typing out all the words. i dont know what your asking because i refuse to read past the first line..

z-beam
      Participant

PLEASE DONT TYPE LIKE THIS IS SMS! froggy what mods did you want to do?, i have managed to source all (nearly) good parts in unlikely places.
      and although i am in the east coast i should be able to help.

really if you want fast motors, buy a couple of decent clones, the pink and yellow ones rip, unlike tomy bcg motors that are weak. you also pick up black hard tyres and some different shells and frequencies. try to find 57, 35,and 45.
      places to look: strathfield electronics, el cheapo shops etc. buy more than one and you can usually bargain them down.

the hot wheels section is the first step in cosmetic customisation, even better is toys ‘r’ us
      import tuners and muscle machines.

for performance upgrades the humble kit racer is a good source of tomy orange motors(the next one up from yellow),different tyres, heatsinks and batteries. once again a kmart, toyworld find.

hobby stores are the next thing, they stock (if your lucky) anything from minature trees to finish off a track(ho model train supplies) to aluminium piping for exhaust tips.also afx springs for suspension.

shop around, and dont spend untill u seen evrythin. bargains don’t last…

good luck, z-beam.

Admin
      Participant

sorry guy for confusing writting style,im just used to it i guess. but thanks for the help anyway z-beam! the information realy helped, im going to check out some of those places tomorrow.

i think the problem with perth is that we dont get alot variety from what we can choose from and the fact that we have a lack of stores that i know of that actually supply bit equipment.

thanks again for the help, froggy.:)

ib311
      Participant

froggy,

all the mod parts you could ever want.

http://www.RCmod.com/store.html

Edited by – ib311 on 29 April 2003 15:53:11

z-beam
      Participant

ahh but ib, the legwork is better than finger skills and once you find a decent hobby store it’s like a supermarket of posabilities. there is NO place on the internet like an old fashioned hobby store, and you get to pay and play the very same day.:p

Admin
      Participant

im back from a bit of shoppong, well not really i just happened to come accross some kit racers that were marked down from $24.95 to $18 and i also got me some afx springs for suspension. i decided to give my R34 a new paint job,i put in the new 2.6 motor from the kit racer but still cant figure out how to instal the springs? need some help, dont want to break anything!

Edited by – froggy on 30 April 2003 23:23:48

spanky
      Participant

yea its not really that hard to do.. the difficult part is in putting everything back together.. either way check out http://www.questformadness.com look at mod #8 and it will show you how to do it.

be aware that some slot car springs are taller than others. and you dont want yours to go to the top of the steering knuckle. the pic on that site shows a good idea of how high the spring should be. if yours is too tall just use some scissors and trim a little from one. end of the spring. it wont hurt the car.

and dang 18.00 that that must be in aus money.. i picked up a few over here for 3.99
      anyway

if your still having troubles doing it post back and i will take some pics my self and help you out the best i can.. ‘

good luck!:clown:

Custom bodys: Ferari 250 GTO, 69 doge charger, Micro Cooper, Beemer 320i Turbo, Baha Beatle, New Beatle Rsi Porche 911
      email: custombitbodys@attbi.com

Admin
      Participant

thanks spanky:smiley2: that helped alot, appreciate it, i think the only trouble for me is tacking the chasi apart.

z-beam
      Participant

unclip the pcb cover by gently easing the two tabs close to the rear wheels.DO NOT USE FORCE! this is the easiest way to destroy the steering wires!!!! by applying a little pressure on the front end of the cover you can make this simple.

lift the pcb up with any plastic, wooden or blue tac shape from one side, being super carefull of the exposed wires. there is a screw under the pcb, undo it and the steering plate is ready to remove.

next stick the chassis to a surface with bluetac, raising the front end a little so the nuckles are raised then lift the steering plate from the rear end where the pcb cover clipped into it. now gently lift the steering bar(the magnetic bit) out without loosing the tiny steering spring mounted on top.

(at this stage a butter knife heated in a candle flame should be gently applied to the end of the plastic pin the steering spring sits on loosly, this is called the spring saver mod) dont over do it!!!!!!!

then once adjusted (trimmed) put them over the nuckle parts and re assemble.

mr froggy, may i sugest looking at older technical topics intitled spring suspension. if you have any further problems with suspension check the old stuff before you ask for repeated info.

:):smiley2::approve:

ib311
      Participant

z-beam,

oh we were talking bout LHS? oops! :blush:

http://www.RCmod.com

mini RC magic

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.