best for track racing

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
      Project-X
      Participant

i was wondering if any of you guys can tell me wut mods are the best for track racing. do i just modify a normal bit? or should i modify a booster set?

DaveF
      Participant

Depends on the track surface, tightness of the corners, length of the straights, length of the circuit, etc. We need more details to go on. Have you built a track you’re going to race on?

👿 DaveF!
      My track – http://community.webshots.com/album/58669595eliwuK

DaveF
      Participant

Depends on the track surface, tightness of the corners, length of the straights, length of the circuit, etc. We need more details to go on. Have you built a track you’re going to race on?

👿 DaveF!

Project-X
      Participant

http://www.karting.co.uk/tracks/TrackDetail.asp?TID=0053
      we’re using the layout from this site

Project-X
      Participant

http://www.karting.co.uk/tracks/TrackDetail.asp?TID=0053
      we’re using the layout from this site

Shypo
      Participant

whats the track gonna be made of cos that plays a huge part and also how big is it gonna be. my advice is a 1.6 motor, sum 9:86:1 gears, soft tires and sum precision driving:)

if the track is gonna be big then use a 2.2 or even a 2.6 but thats a big ass track for a 2.6

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Shypo
      Participant

whats the track gonna be made of cos that plays a huge part and also how big is it gonna be. my advice is a 1.6 motor, sum 9:86:1 gears, soft tires and sum precision driving:)

if the track is gonna be big then use a 2.2 or even a 2.6 but thats a big ass track for a 2.6

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

DaveF
      Participant

Be careful with that bridge. BCGs aren’t very good al climbing inclines, and it drains the battery big time. Might be better to make that section a crossroad.

👿 DaveF!

DaveF
      Participant

Be careful with that bridge. BCGs aren’t very good al climbing inclines, and it drains the battery big time. Might be better to make that section a crossroad.

👿 DaveF!

Shypo
      Participant

Dave: ur bridge is awesome… does it make a big difference?

i forgot to mention b4 that a booster is always good becos u can run the car stock and be fine on tight corners yet u can throttle up the inclines and down the straight.. make sure ur car goes straight tho cos mine went almost straight off the edge becos i boosted with a 3.8 in the car on the track and it went flying off between the only rail gap.. lol typical

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Shypo
      Participant

Dave: ur bridge is awesome… does it make a big difference?

i forgot to mention b4 that a booster is always good becos u can run the car stock and be fine on tight corners yet u can throttle up the inclines and down the straight.. make sure ur car goes straight tho cos mine went almost straight off the edge becos i boosted with a 3.8 in the car on the track and it went flying off between the only rail gap.. lol typical

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Project-X
      Participant

i think me and my friemd will most likely use plywood to make our track. and so far the only mod i did that i was pleased was the 2.6 motor. i wanted to put a bridge cos i saw it on davef’s page and i thought that was a pretty cool idea. Shypo, do u suggest me getting a booster set and modify it? cos i was thinking that i would want that option when i pit in. wut if i hold the boost button the whole time that i am racing, and only let go when i pit in, would that drain the battery faster than a normal bit?

CaboWabo
      Participant

our track has a bridge in it, very slight incline. only bits with a 1.0 and the white 72,000 tooth pinion gears have troubles, the rest are fine, you can do 10 laps easy before you’re charge is dead.
      I really like our track because it combines technical with speed, so you need a quick car just as much as you need the driving skills. 3.8’s are usually too fast from what I’ve seen. Maybe if someone’s driving skills were the bomb, they could handle it, but it would hard.
      The track you chose reminds me of ours, it has tight, technical turns while still offering a few straights to blast down. Great combo in my opinion. Just make sure you don’t make your incline on the bridge too steep.
      by the way, you can view our track at our site in the “Galleries” section.

betta recognize… uh huh 🙂

CaboWabo
      Participant

our track has a bridge in it, very slight incline. only bits with a 1.0 and the white 72,000 tooth pinion gears have troubles, the rest are fine, you can do 10 laps easy before you’re charge is dead.
      I really like our track because it combines technical with speed, so you need a quick car just as much as you need the driving skills. 3.8’s are usually too fast from what I’ve seen. Maybe if someone’s driving skills were the bomb, they could handle it, but it would hard.
      The track you chose reminds me of ours, it has tight, technical turns while still offering a few straights to blast down. Great combo in my opinion. Just make sure you don’t make your incline on the bridge too steep.
      by the way, you can view our track at our site in the “Galleries” section.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:

👿 DaveF!

Damn, ive forgotten how gutless bits are…im so used to being able to power up inclines and pull wheelspins with my dual cell bit, that i consider factory bits completely lame.

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let’s get wasted and have the time of our lives!!

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:

👿 DaveF!

Damn, ive forgotten how gutless bits are…im so used to being able to power up inclines and pull wheelspins with my dual cell bit, that i consider factory bits completely lame.

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let’s get wasted and have the time of our lives!!

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

72000 teeth? WTF?????

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

72000 teeth? WTF?????

CaboWabo
      Participant

yea, I’m only “slightly exagerating” the fact that it’s the largest and most worthless sized gear for a bit.

CaboWabo
      Participant

yea, I’m only “slightly exagerating” the fact that it’s the largest and most worthless sized gear for a bit.

Shypo
      Participant

Project X: theres no need to modfiy the booster and it wont drain your battery faster.

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Shypo
      Participant

Project X: theres no need to modfiy the booster and it wont drain your battery faster.

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Might be better to make that section a crossroad.

Hey hey, who’s built a track with crossroads before???
      That would be really INTERESTING racing!! 👿

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Might be better to make that section a crossroad.

Hey hey, who’s built a track with crossroads before???
      That would be really INTERESTING racing!! 👿

Shypo
      Participant

i tried once and then realised it would suck aSS if anyone got left behind and u got urself a nice ol collision

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Shypo
      Participant

i tried once and then realised it would suck aSS if anyone got left behind and u got urself a nice ol collision

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

DaveF
      Participant

My track has a crossroad, near the start finish line on the segment of track with the bridge. When that segment is in use the risk of a colision is very very small, unless someone got left waaaaay behind – stalling on train tracks kind of stuff.

The bridge does work well if the batteries in the charger are new (thus my desire for a charger I can plug into the wall), or you’re racing booster cars with a bigger motor (thus my want for the 35 and 45 booster sets. The bridge did come up well, thanks Shypo, and it makes the track look better when used as it gives a more 3d environment.

I’m planning on making more tracks, some to kind of replace the segments I have with bridges, so that will mean more crossroads.

👿 DaveF!

DaveF
      Participant

My track has a crossroad, near the start finish line on the segment of track with the bridge. When that segment is in use the risk of a colision is very very small, unless someone got left waaaaay behind – stalling on train tracks kind of stuff.

The bridge does work well if the batteries in the charger are new (thus my desire for a charger I can plug into the wall), or you’re racing booster cars with a bigger motor (thus my want for the 35 and 45 booster sets. The bridge did come up well, thanks Shypo, and it makes the track look better when used as it gives a more 3d environment.

I’m planning on making more tracks, some to kind of replace the segments I have with bridges, so that will mean more crossroads.

👿 DaveF!

Shypo
      Participant

why are u thankin me dave? i didnt know i did anything to help lol

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Shypo
      Participant

why are u thankin me dave? i didnt know i did anything to help lol

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Project-X
      Participant

i am almost certain of getting the booster set to be my official track car….wut do u guys think? would it be good? and how much of the motor is used if i don’t press the booster?

DaveF
      Participant

The booster sets are great for racing. Un-boosted they usually run at about 50%, but because of the scale of the motor, the variance in speed of motors rated th same, and the variance in the electronic components (under 5% from memory) this can differ from car to car, motor to motor.

👿 DaveF!

Project-X
      Participant

im thinking of putting my 2.6 motor and some 9:86:1 gears, and some soft tires on my booster set. would that be good?

Shypo
      Participant

then the car will run at about a 1.4 off boost and a 2.8 on boost, proly a bit 2 fast. i say stick with the 2.2.. the gearing sounds fine..
      soft tires is good so over all just use all of the above excpet the stock 2.2 motor in the set

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

mastercool bowker
      Participant

i used 3 sheets of hardboard worth ?1.40 each (about $2) and its very smooth yet grippy. Honest, grippy. Very cheap, very fast and very grippy.

Eat right, exersize…die anyway!

z-beam
      Participant

personally id suggest forget the booster, i have one and i love it but it just doesn’t compare to the new tomy super bcg chassis.

the multi-frequency controller has bad buttons and at first feels comfy, but the range sux and from what i’ve experienced the batts do get sapped faster from the boost on/off function. there is way too much difference in the two speeds, and the half speed makes any motor sound sick (bad).

the v.2 controller is a dream, a proper antenna, stable independant buttons and a logical change in charging position make it a hands down winner.

the ride comes lowered out of the box, with of the finest shells you ever seen. and the beast does seem slightly more powerful (possibly a new revised pcb?).

at the moment i’m using the blue kit racer (modded) axle with clone black slick front tyres and stock rears. the motor is a yellow clone engine as seen over at bit pimps with the kitracer 7 tooth pinion.

the advantages of the set up is a bit of understeer at high speed(tyres and motor) and the gearing allows for momentum through corners without needing to power all the way through.
      tapping go at different speeds allows for superior
      power control and effectivly is a form of manual boost.

this control method is a cheap way to create a real competitive machine. clone yellow/pink motor+
      kit racer blue gears=extreme high speed.

and the super bcg’s cram 3 channels on one freq. that equals a possabillity of 6 racers at once.

happy racing!

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.