Bitzilla

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Well, I have been working on this project for about a month now and it has been very difficult at times, but it’s almost finished. I have done many mods, but this is the best one I have ever done so far. Three cells, two motors on a custom chassis. Stretched Toyota BB body covered with purple pearl paint. Full size wheel mod, flipped pcb, and dual cat 5 antennas. The only problem I am having is the steering. It is so fast that the darn thing won’t go straight. There seems to be excessive play in the steering. I have added a second steering spring, and it helped a little. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it a little more stable? I’ll have to post pics so you all can see it. It’s pretty cool.

Participant

my dual cell had this problem.. i sorta fixed it with a custom spring made from a floppy disk spring…..
      i dont think theres much else you can do..unless you want to expoxy all the holes up and redrill them more precisely…

http://www21.brinkster.com/gtahh/
      custom shells, mods and tips

Participant

i seriously cant wait to c that car in action!!

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Participant

bastard! fullsizde wheelset Bb is what i’ve been doin!
      is yors camo?
      the play in the front wheels is annoying, i fixed mine by using my highest cut afx springs, and by using a clone steering assembly that was a bit tighter fit. the play is not fixable if your front is wobbly. u should use a vice and vert drill mount next time.

i really cannot understand why you want a “fast” Bb!
      do you own any 1.0’s? i use the power gears and a 1.0 with mine. 31.9 grams is what my aluminium roofracked beast with trailer attached weighs. a heavyweight bit by any means.

try using some kit racer gears, one cell doesn’t have the charge to power these gears (kits give DIRECT charge unlike bits) but multi cells push that “bit” harder:smiley2:

these gears will give a good “coaster” feel if you have a good idle motor (one that still spins after letting go of the button).

good luck,
      z-beam.

Participant

the fullsize rims on a BB do looks sweet, i used to hav that on my black one

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Participant

Has anybody tried using the smaller size (ie front) rims?? They look sick, i tried it on my Black GT-R and painted them black, looks more scale and looks way tuff. Also lowers the rear end.

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let’s get wasted and have the time of our lives!!

Participant

Oh and i used the green kit racer gears, the bit gears are too big for the smaller rims.

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let’s get wasted and have the time of our lives!!

Participant

i tired doing the front rims on the back but i like just cutting a new tasb cos then u can dump is low as a mofo

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Participant

the wheels look too small if u put the front on the back anyways

Participant

I did the full size wheel mod because it looked kinda stupid all stretched out with dinky front wheels.

If you want to see a pic of the truck (I had to use a scanner because my camera crapped out) go to:

http://www.geocities.com/nsxbit1/nsxoneshome.html

It’s not totally finished. I’ve got a long way to go.

Edited by – zensx on 09 March 2003 10:38:50

Participant

details my freind!!!! what’s the second motor for?

i know what u mean, plus the little wheels get caught in things to easy, no good for a 4wd.

Participant

my guess is its for some massive torque!!!

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Participant

more torque i believe…..

Participant

you’re both right. I wanted more torque for runs on the carpet and up steep inclines. I have also noticed with the added weight, It handles really well.
      My site is new, so I haven’t had time to add all the details and pictures, but soon!

Participant

lol shypo u posted that 20sec b4 me bastard….

Participant

I have been playing with the gearing and It is not as fast as before, but it’s now strong enough
      to pull one of my full size metal car models (I was bored)I had to put some weight on the front and the little thing actually pulled it!

Edited by – zensx on 10 March 2003 13:19:05

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.