Buy online or from local shop?

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      wcwl
      Participant

Hi all,
      i am a newcomer to this forum.At the moment,i don’t have any micro r/c car,however,i was addicted to the bit char-G when i saw it from the Hobby place(i forgot whether ot not its name correct spelled) on russel street which net to Melbourne Central.The sales person said tempory ou of stock.So lucky i am.I searched for its infor from internet and found this great aus. site. So here is the questions of mine,Where can i buy of these cars cheap and good after sales service either in Melbourne city or somewhere else nearby area?or which cheap n good online site to buy?
      i wish you guys can suggest which model i should buy,and how about the frequencies?thanks alot ya.i hope to buy a good bit char-g accodring to yours suggestions so that i won’t regret for buying a wrong bit char-g.thanks..i really cant’ wait to buy a bit char-g to enjoy it. ๐Ÿ˜€ thanks again ya.

I am WiLlIaM ~{@_@}~

Shypo
      Participant

Try http://www.tradingdirect.com.au online for Bit char_g
      Or K-mart,Target or any other big department stores and look for a “Compact Char-G” as these are the australia version Of bit Char-G.

Any model you like and any frequency as it is your first car.. if you do intend to buy more bits tho then get a car which isnt 27mhz because most of the cooler sets are on 27mhz.

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Barrelll
      Participant

hey man, have a look at http://www.bitchargoz.tk … best sets possilbly the auto modellista booster set, comes with 4 bodies, etc, or choose any car available and chuck another motor in it ๐Ÿ˜€

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

ph2t
      Participant

wcwl, how much were they selling them at Hobby place in the city? Were they the Japanese BitChar-G’s or the aussie distro version called Compact-Char-G’s?

The aussie version comes in only 2 freq’s, 27 and 40MHz. But the Japanese version comes in 4 freq’s.

bitchargoz.tk has the full range online, so does http://www.toyeast.com. But I dunno about the cost of shipping etc, etc… barrell is the best to speak to about this…..

ph2t.

wcwl
      Participant

thanks for your infomation guys.i will try to check for any stocks and prices from local stores including the hobby place.
      The salesperson from hobby place just told me its out of stock and walked away.so bad :angry: and i forgot which version it was.check tomorrow.
      so i will try again tomorrow.hope i can get one soon.
      Which set and model including motor n frequency is the best u suggest me to buy?is it the automodellista set is the best for a beginner like me?hehe:shy: Wish me good luck.is it better to get one online rather from local stores?but i hope to get one asap.haha

I am WiLlIaM ~{@_@}~

Barrelll
      Participant

from your local store youll be paying alot more than online stores.

IT depends on whow much you want to spend inititally and how much you want to spend overall on the hobby to what set you should get.

Let us know that and well give u some suggestions.

57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno

wcwl
      Participant

thanks ya.so i will try to buy online but which site is the best and cheapest?from wat i read in forums and internet,it seem i should get for the “G25 TOMY BIT CHAR-G AUTO MODELLISTA BOOSTER SET + 3.8 MOTOR” from toyeast.com,or G-25 Auto Modellista from bitchargoz.tk,or which site?is it better buy with US$ or AUD$?why i found out the US$ cheaper than AUD$ in these?my budget is below AUD$100,but i don’t know whic is the best model or package i should buy.original bit char-g or those clones?pls tell me your opinion which i should buy is the best choice.thanks:smiley2:

I am WiLlIaM ~~

Barrelll
      Participant

i reckon with a budget around $100AUD, you should go the original bit char-gs, they are the best in quality and speed.

ITs upto you where you buy from, buying from toyeast, you need a credit card, as they are in Honk Kong, or if u want to buy via direct deposit or money order in AUD, you can buy from http://www.bitchargoz.tk, as they are already located in Australia which makes the transaction and delievery quicker.

anymore qsts?

57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno

PandaBear
      Participant

WCWL:- hmm, you might be the fella that was there whilst I was there too the other day… ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m in Melb; if you want a Jap BCG have got some surplus to my needs… a Gloria and a Ltd Edn Zexel GTR R34 if you’re interested. Landed and in Melbourne, brand new unassembled.

Sent you PM.

wcwl
      Participant

thanks for your info guys.i had booked the BCG G-25 auto modellista set as i think it is worth for the price.anyway,now i just waiting for the cars…then decides whether or not buy more cars to play…thanks again. ๐Ÿ˜€

I am WiLlIaM ~~

ph2t
      Participant

Welcome to the end of your social life as you know it! lol!:smiley2:

ph2t.

micro_Amps
      Participant

AHHHhh yes, you can say that again.

Well done William WCWL for having the thought to contact all of these ‘know-it-alls’ (:smiley2:) before you purchase your bit charg.
      Hobby place is stinging people $80 for BitChargs AND Compact chargs. Kmart has Compacts on special at the moment for under $50. Online you will get the best selection anyway.
      Well done and welcome…
      :)uA

wcwl
      Participant

thanks ya guys…luckily the hobby place out of stock ot else i will be fooled by them???blackeye:
      any more local shops for those BCG or Compacts besides HP and Kmart?i been to Target but found nothing about the BCG n Compacts.I am living in Hawthorn,so i think quite troublesome for me go to Kmart,i just can visit Kmart Burwood by tram 75.haha..i am afraid there will b nothing about Compacts when i visit there,then this will waste my ticket and time .hehe :p
      anyway,i prefer to check info. before buying something especially online if possible to do that instead of being cheated,right?
      thanks ya:smiley16:

I am WiLlIaM ~~

micro_Amps
      Participant

Just to clarify WCWL, you will NOT find BitChargs in the stores here. Only very few places import their own BCGs, then charg a heap for them, like hobby place does.
      Kmart and ToysRus sell the Aussie version which is called Compact Charg. They ARE Tomy BitChargs in a different packaging. We in Australia have been limited to 2 frequencies and only 4 models of cars, but these are the original Tomy product and compatible with Bit Chargs in every way.
      For a full range of them see an online seller or ebay, but if you want to check them out in your hands, grab a Compact Char-g and start your collection that way.
      I know ToysRus at Chadstone has sold them in the past, but it is probably best to ring anywhere you are looking at buying them from first anyway to see if they are in stock.

Lazboy
      Participant

there are some stock of compacts at target geelong i know i unpacked the boxs today lol

but it is a quick trip to geelong by train if ya want i can put one on hold for you

wcwl
      Participant

thanks again guys…i think now i just have to wait for my automodellista set…then decides whether or not get for more cars after i play with the set…thanks again…i will not go for local stores regarding to you guys opinions…:smiley2:
      i have been busy with many assignments..so reply late after few days….hehe

I am WiLlIaM ~~

wcwl
      Participant

hi there!!! Finally today i received my auto modellista set!!!Right now i m playing with it and i found its damn funny and enjoy….:approve:
      however the normal speed really like those OLD engine…runs slow…nvm,just play with the booster button pressed then it runs fast….i think i m addicted to this tiny little car from now on!!!yeah:D:D
      Anyway,Is it difficult to add LIGHT on the car?
      thanks…

I am WiLlIaM ~~

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Anyway,Is it difficult to add LIGHT on the car?

What kind of light?

headlight
      taillight
      brakelight
      high brakelight
      indicators
      KnightRider KITT scanner
      policecar lights

If *all* of the above… check out
      Mike’s Mods

wcwl
      Participant

the lights are wonderful!!!:D
      However are there any kind of lights EASY INSTALLATION?just put it on the ody then it works…i ‘d rather prefer that kind since it’s convenient.:smiley2:
      Where can i find for those lights cheap?either local or online?its been expensive if keep modifying the bcg…..:shock:
      anyway,thanks again.:smiley16:

I am WiLlIaM ~{@-@}~

Barrelll
      Participant

bit_charg_oz@hotmail.com can u get you light sets already made, send them an email, their local ๐Ÿ˜€

57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno

wcwl
      Participant

oic.thanks for your information…i will try to send them a mail ask about it..thanks…:D

I am WiLlIaM ~{@-@}~

micro_Amps
      Participant

Hey Panda, that link is no good.
      But I would be interested to find out more info on all those lights.

wcwl
      Participant

Hello,
      may i know there anyone had those made ready lights for your BCG?how was it?or you prefer to DIY yourselves?i don’t know is it worth to buy or DIY myself.Is it diffucult to DIY myself if i would like to?what components i need for this?any kind of light’s suggestion?i have BCG automodellisata set.Which kind of light is best suitable in you guys’opinion?

I am WiLlIaM ~~

jazza_1984
      Participant

you are better off to get readymade sets, they are cheap and save you some time and stuffing around… not that its THAT hard…

i got mine from bit charg oz(http://www.bitchargoz.tk) they are your best bet, i would recommend them

ลขลญโ‚ฃโ‚ฃะšฤฑ??

wcwl
      Participant

really?how much u bought for that?and which kind of light u bought?which bcg u r using it on?
      :smiley2::D

I m WiLlAm (^o^)/owned G-25 Auto modellista set ~~

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.