charger?

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      GT-ahh
      Participant

ok guys im soon to be getting a mini-z and im wondering what charger would be sufficient to charge 650maH NiMH AAA cells…I heard someone bought one from dicksmiths that could charge them in about an hour?! I dont really have that much dosh so im after a fairly budget but does the job charger….

Admin
      Participant

I bought mine from Jaycar.

Can’t remember what kind of charger it was, but it did 10 AA or AAA at 1 go, either NiCads or NiMH

It was relatively cheap, but takes a while to charge though. (Doesn’t matter too much because I have enough AAAs)

Aesch 🙂

GT-ahh
      Participant

ok ppl. ima about to get a mini-z and am wondering what charger i should get to charge 650 maH NiMHs? i heard someone got a charger from dicksmiths that could charge them in an hour….i aint got much mo so i want a sorta budget one that will do the job…

Keymaster

Do you have a Jaycar store near you?

The Jaycar charger is pretty cheap ($30 I think) and does a nice job 😉

—-
      Moderator, Admin, and all that 🙂

--
      Site Owner Guy.

GT-ahh
      Participant

i got my min-z today and boughta crazy charger with LCD panel and stuff from dickies for $69s it charges the batterys in just over an hour and automatically discharges them first…works a charm

Shypo
      Participant

What did you get Gt-ahh, is it as good as i think it is?
      i get mine on tuesday!

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

charg-o-saurus
      Participant

good 2 hear shypo. c u on tues, if u can come a bit earlier it will give us more time to assemble and thrash

GT-ahh
      Participant

make sure you give shypo some good tips….hes gonna need them when he goes against my wrx…

Shypo
      Participant

GT-ahh, i whipped you with my bus and im gonna whip you with my Z. charg-o-saurus i will try and get there as early as possible but i will stick to the original of 1 at ur school, it was one wadnt it?

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

GT-ahh
      Participant

ha ha nice try shypo…i just built me an X-speed motor so be prepared to eat alot of my dust…

PandaBear
      Participant

You can get up to 850mAh in NiMH AAA these days.

To quickcharge NiMH it is best to buy a proprietary peak-detect charger made for NiMH AAAs. Anything under 3 hrs is risky using a “universal” charger. There are some very nice ones sold by GP available overseas but I don’t know if anybody sells them here.

Admin
      Participant

do you have any links or pics of these “propretary peak-detect chargers”?

thanks

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

lol…you guys wait a whole HOUR for your batteries to charge??? Man my charger takes 20 mins and i still hate waiting.
      I charge at about 2.4 A and put the batteries in a gel ice pack to keep them from self destructing.

Shypo
      Participant

just you wait Gt-ahh i will have something for you.
      (franticly searches the net for a motor)

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

me and me lude
      Participant
      Quote:
      lol…you guys wait a whole HOUR for your batteries to charge??? Man my charger takes 20 mins and i still hate waiting.
      I charge at about 2.4 A and put the batteries in a gel ice pack to keep them from self destructing.

hahahaha that is funny… you could just get 2 sets of batteries

Epoch Indoor Racer: Legacy B4 (Spec-2)
      DigiQ-R: NSX-R

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.