China or Japan?

Viewing 68 reply threads
  • Author
      PandaBear
      Participant

Just heard that MiniZs (originals!) have come from either China or Japan. Which one have you got? If you ve got both, are they very different in quality & handling??

Barrelll
      Participant

how can u tell ? From what i can see id reckon japan, id prefer japan, wouldnt trust the chinese, alot of cheap imitation stuff there…

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

GT-ahh
      Participant

“made in japan” 😀

http://gtahh.web1000.com/
      custom shells, mods and tips

me and me lude
      Participant

chinese ones come in a white box
      japanese come in brown

z’s are no longer made in japan, all new ones are “made in china” :p

________
      Epoch Indoor Racer: Legacy B4 (Spec-2)
      DigiQ-R: NSX-R

aesch
      Participant

japan for me.

Someone mentioned that originally, there was a difference in the colour of the chassis as to whether it came from japan or china

Aesch 🙂

PandaBear
      Participant

I think the chinese ones are a slightly lighter grey.

Whether its made in Japan or China I don’t think really matters. The China factory is probably established & managed by Kyosho anyway; Kyosho also make RC cars in Korea (for some wierd reason, everything from Korea has a wierd “smell” to it… ever buy SKC tapes/discs before?).

Tamiya also has new state-of-art factory in Phillipenes now.

Shypo
      Participant

mines japanese, and guess what.. i just borke my mirror offblackeye:blackeye:

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

PandaBear
      Participant

Actually.. I think the white bits (“KO Propo”) are all made in Japan. Have to check the chassis bit to tell, I think. I’m still searching for an ‘old’ mZ to compare the differences.

charg-o-saurus
      Participant

hai, watashi-no “mini-z”-wa…made-do in-u nippon!!!(mines made in japan too.)ive located a mini bb factory in aus, does anyone have the exact sizes of the miniz bearings?lol shypes,join the club…wait until u hit cracksville.blackeye:

Shypo
      Participant

lol, i just glued the mirror on with super strength epoxy:D
      it was just looking goofy with one mirror just hanging off then falling off. with the white car it doesnt really show the damage as much as your car does. now your car is a battle damaged veteran

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Barrelll
      Participant

both of my mirrors have snapped off my racing porsche body lol

57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno

Shypo
      Participant

it was attached again but one roll and its gone again, looks like my car is destined to be non symettrical LOL

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

GT-ahh
      Participant

you could always snap the other one off…

Shypo
      Participant

i thought about doing that but then it would just look strange, ah well i jus have to llive with it,

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Barrelll
      Participant

yeh its all good, just shows your a serious racer, call it … weight reduction 😀

57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno

Shypo
      Participant

i like it Barrelll, very “technical” comments

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      ive located a mini bb factory in aus, does anyone have the exact sizes of the miniz bearings?

6x2mm and 6x3mm, both 2.5mm wide.

Lemme know what you find, I’m after some too.

Barrelll
      Participant

thatd be cool if we could get them cheap … see what you can do…

57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno

charg-o-saurus
      Participant

what size is the centre hole?

GT-ahh
      Participant

6x2x2.5 means 6mm outer, 2mm inner, and 2.5mm wide ….i think
      the other is 6x3x2.5

PandaBear
      Participant

Nothing escapes Mr GTR… 🙂

(hmm… who’s next to be GTass? 👿 sorry…)

GT-ahh
      Participant

lmao thanx panda,…no, really.. anyways ive been researching this too and theres a bearing manufacturer in brookvale so i might check that out.. how many bearings of each size do you need? is it 6 for the wheels and 1 for the motor can?

Shypo
      Participant

Brookvale, where abouts, i might go down there on the weekend or next time i work

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      is it 6 for the wheels and 1 for the motor can?

No, its:

4pcs 620 for the wheels
      3pcs 630 for the rear axle (using stock diff)

Dunno what are motor can bearings, not even sure if this is
      a ‘standard’ size. Yes I see some ppl have about motor bearing
      kits before, but this is pretty hit and miss unless you know
      how to put a motor back together properly (not everyone does).

Shypo
      Participant

i opened a BCG motor a lil while back, i took the end cap off looked inside and jus went ehhh. then promptly threw it out, lucky it was a 1.0 lol

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

GT-ahh
      Participant

yeah i did that to a 2.6… ive got like 3 of em

Shypo
      Participant

the bad thing is, it was a white ended motor and i just looked for a motor of mine and it turns out it was a 3.5blackeye::dead::dead::dead:😯

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Not nice. Im thinking about rewinding a 2.2, even if it dont work it will be interesting to see what happens.

The world is mine

GT-ahh
      Participant

um its virtually impossible..open a motor and you’ll see why…unless you have a winding machine and like 1000guage wire ofcourse

PandaBear
      Participant

They’re made by the same ppl who’ve mastered writing poems on a grain of rice… 😀

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

ive taken one apart, and i reckon its possible.

The world is mine

Shypo
      Participant

good luck, have u seen the teddy bear whcih is as big as a match tip, now thats master craftsmanship

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

GT-ahh
      Participant

imagine if you dropped that…in the grass…NOOOOOOO! my teddy!

PandaBear
      Participant

That teddy would be about correct *scale* for a BCG… makes me wanna go build a BCG interior! 🙂

Shypo
      Participant

how about hell no. i was thinking of making an opening trunk and fabricating a “system” for it with subs and stuff but it got way to hard

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

GT-ahh
      Participant

ive got a micro circuit that plays a really cheesy break-beat and beat triggers LEDs..prob wont fit in a bit but it would fit in a z..

Shypo
      Participant

they would be kinda cool, u can get the import street tuners cars and they have a full on show car interior and boot “install”. i thought about bastardising it for ma Z

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Jay-Z
      Participant

…so anyhow, back to the chinese V`s japanese chassis!! all the japanese chassis MR01`s i`ve seen seem to be quicker out of the box! i`ve got the chinese chassis model, am i onto something or is it a “grass is greener” thing..

dgs73
      Participant

this is a year and a half old topic… and am I wrong, or did it go off topic because no-one cared? Or to be more specific; no noteable difference

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Damn thats one bump and a half!!

My car was a japanese 2000 car, came in the brown hexagonal shape box with the dark chssis and black pinions.

Porsche GT3, i think that was the second car made…

Keymaster

I’ve not really heard of much true evidence of one build being markedly quicker than another, but I do know some cars are quicker than others out of the box.

As in some are just quick…

iWavers have the same deal. Sometimes I guess tolerences work for you and other times they don’t.

You guys would be surprised about how many old threads get read still!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Jay-Z
      Participant
      Quote:
      this is a year and a half old topic… and am I wrong, or did it go off topic because no-one cared? Or to be more specific; no noteable difference

…obviously not no one that cared. and if the topic was brought up in the first place,then there`s your interest. are all MR01`s gone now or are we ALL still driving them.. i haven`t read the topic before, and if you have and didn`t care for it, why reply? it`s not like i`m having a go at chinese chassis`, that`s the chassis i have. no others.

Jay-Z
      Participant

..and if i`m going to look into getting another MR01, wouldn`t you research the available products??

Keymaster

*nods* Jay-Z is right! The reason we have all the threads and info in the forum is so that people can read back and learn things that the rest of us have already forgotten.

Reviving an old thread can lead to new info being discovered, and any errors etc corrected.

You know how it was 2 years ago – many people never thought that half the things that can be done today with Z’s etc could be done… we’ve re-written the rules since then!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

I say that because I have both Japanese and Chinese chassis… without fets the Chinese is faster. Seems to me… oh, who cares. I give up. My opinion to you is **** anyway

kevsta
      Participant

I don’t think you can buy a made in japan mr01 chassis now anyway.

With the second hand mr01 that I bought which came with the vw shell, was one of the earlier models and it’s still made in China.

Although I think my mr02 chassis is made in Japan, need to go have a look.

🙂

Jay-Z
      Participant

..the stock japanese MR01 chassis has a more greyish tinge to it rather than the black chinese ones, and all the japan models i`ve known about come with the older style control- the KT-2? ..i think!!

dgs73
      Participant

right, as I see it; 01s are Japanese parts, were made in Japan, now assembled cheaper(?) in China, hance the cheaper purchase costs of 01 (you’re right J; the original ones came with a KT2, Chinese with KT5.) Another cost reducer, I guess. My guess is Kyosho made room for all its 02 gear in its Japan facility, thus shipping the remainder 01s to China. The old Japanese chassis is grey and brown. Feel free to correct me, but youv gotta agree i’m being a little more constructive today… blackeye:

peteWah
      Participant

Get over it
      Chinese Japanese Picanese
      The only diff is the molding of the chassis that says made in where ever the fuck its made, The pcb is the same and like you have already quoted, The original ones came with a KT2, Chinese with KT5, It mean nothing to me

Stop your bitching

Roe
      Participant
      Quote:
      ..the stock japanese MR01 chassis has a more greyish tinge to it rather than the black chinese ones, and all the japan models i`ve known about come with the older style control- the KT-2? ..i think!!

……not sure about that. both my chassis are they are made in china. 1’s black the other is like a dark brown….

MK ordered the 2F2F lancer the other day in a redayset…. He got the older controller (KT-2, looks like the mars, personaly i prefer my futaba) but his car must be an MR 1.5 as it’s got a break function…not sure if it’s from japan or china….i’m sure he’ll lettuce no…

Edited by – Roe on 26 October 2004 16:02:36

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      Get over it
      The only diff is the molding of the chassis that says made in where ever the fuck its made, The pcb is the same and like you have already quoted, The original ones came with a KT2, Chinese with KT5, It mean nothing to me

Stop your bitching

nope, before you came to this forum there were issues with chinese Z’s, they had a lower standard soldering job than the jap Z’s and various other things….

Jay-Z
      Participant

cheers jamie, these are the reasons that i asked in the first place!! maybe the differences are minimal, but it`s good to be able to make an educated choice. thanks again!!

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:
      Get over it

Stop your bitching

nope, before you came to this forum there were issues with chinese Z’s, they had a lower standard soldering job than the jap Z’s and various other things….

like Iwavers now… and so many people are wanting 02 Iwavers… I hope the soldering job is better than their 01 version…
      Jay-Z; you? Educated choice?? lol

dgs73
      Participant

and on that note, Josh; he did say then. Not now. Was a while ago… And that other was a joke, before you have another go at me… Bottom line; I dont know that you’re going to get an 01 made in Japan unless second hand

Jay-Z
      Participant

then & now? in 5 years time the original MR01`s would have still been produced where they were. and what do you mean about having a go at you?? are you an MR01? did you make them and i`m insulting your workmanship? what the #@%$ is this? ..i didn`t even want to reply to all this but didn`t someone mention bitching?? taking a dump in public isn`t cool but what do i do here..

Jay-Z
      Participant

why am i having this battle??

dgs73
      Participant

’twas Pete did say that… I only answered your question. Why are you having this battle? Only you can answer that.

MiniKing
      Participant

im goin to check my Z that i just got when i get home…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

if anybody wants a ‘2000 jap chassis i have one, as seen on the 84km/h mini Z:D

MiniKing
      Participant

Well i checked my Z last nite and it is an MR01.5 made in china….It has a break function and i can use all the 02 wide bodies on it its awsome….it went heaps harder out of the box than my first Z did and that one is a japanese chassis…………My MR01.5 is now all hopped up and runs heaps better than my 01 did hopped up so i dont know wat the big deal is……i prefer my new MR01.5 i dont give a F**K were its made……just get it and enjoy it……isnt that why we have this hobby??????

dgs73
      Participant

MK; waht it comes down to, eh? You’re gonna have a heap of fun whether they’re made in China or Japan. Keen to see that 1.5 of yours too…:D

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I would think they are much the same now, if not identical…

Jay-Z
      Participant

..like i said, just wanted to know if there was advantage to different models! i know some Z`s out of the box are quicker than mine was, so the next Z i`m looking for will hopefully be one of them!! can`t blame me for wanting to investigate 👿

Roe
      Participant
      Quote:
      ..like i said, just wanted to know if there was advantage to different models! i know some Z`s out of the box are quicker than mine was, so the next Z i`m looking for will hopefully be one of them!! can`t blame me for wanting to investigate

….fair enough to, as Aaron had to point out, that’s why the treads are still here dude……:)

Jay-Z
      Participant

..yeah bro, and now it seems i might have to take an interest in the MR01.5!! is that what miniking just got? ..but wait, tanks are calling!!

Roe
      Participant
      Quote:
      ..yeah bro, and now it seems i might have to take an interest in the MR01.5!! is that what miniking just got? ..but wait, tanks are calling!!

….Yeah, MK’s got a 1.5 with the brake function (lucky bars#$d:) I think hes got another suprise to, i’ll find out later tonight!! I hear you brother tanks are calling. Just need to figure out where all this s*&ts gonna live!!….

kevsta
      Participant

I agree, finding room for it is hard, but getting the other half to approve it is even harder…

Jay-Z
      Participant
      Quote:
      I agree, finding room for it is hard, but getting the other half to approve it is even harder…

..i`ve solved this problem kevsta, look in the comm drops topic 👿

MiniKing
      Participant

Yeah ive got a MR01.5 and i now have my 1/10 DRIFT CAR…..!!!!!!!!I got it at a really goooood price i built it up on the weekend i just need a reciever and a servo and then ill be drifting………..i cant wait…..i will have it ready by Next Sunday…. :D:D

Viewing 68 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.